can't save raw files (SD870) - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum

can't save raw files (SD870)

• 3 Replies
can't save raw files (SD870)
« on: 12 / June / 2009, 18:33:11 »
Advertisements
Hello, I've recently correctly installed the chdk in my SD870 IS and all the options are working fine. Except the raw mode.
Even though, I'm able to activate it in the menu - it appears "Raw" written on the screen (with the number of slots I have left) - and when I take the photo the print button goes blue, the saved file has always the .jpeg format and exactly the same size of a normal .jpeg compressed photo.

I also tried changing the raw file prefix and extension but in the end I always end up with a .jpeg. I'm I missing something?

UPDATE: using the chdk file browser I noticed that my Raw files are inside 100CANON folder. Although when I open this folder using windows explorer it's empty.   :blink:  Is there anything I need to do to see these files? Hmm Do I need a card reader to see them or they can also be seem by directly connecting the camera to the pc?
« Last Edit: 12 / June / 2009, 19:42:42 by endaksi »

Offline reyalp

Re: can't save raw files (SD870)
« Reply #1 on: 12 / June / 2009, 20:30:17 »
Use a card reader, or adjust the raw prefix and extension until they show up.

I'd suggest CRW_XXXX.CRW or .CR2
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 13 / June / 2009, 08:57:00 »
thanks for the tip, didn't know I couldn't use the camera usb port to transfer the raw files. I was able to see them using the card reader.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 13 / June / 2009, 19:37:14 »
thanks for the tip, didn't know I couldn't use the camera usb port to transfer the raw files. I was able to see them using the card reader.
You should be able to use USB if the extension and prefix of the raw files is the right combination. You would need to find out for yourself which combination is "right" on your camera.
Don't forget what the H stands for.