Blank Screen in photo mode - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Blank Screen in photo mode

• 5 Replies
Blank Screen in photo mode
« on: 21 / July / 2009, 14:19:29 »
Advertisements
Hi, I love my ixus50, but kinda neglected it in the last time. I cheated on it with a new digital SLR. Since I found out about CHDK stars are good for a reunion.

I installed the newest release in the complete version:
ixus50_sd400-101b-0.9.8-786-full.zip

no problems so far. I played around with it a bit, mostly designing a grid wich suits my needs best. Now this is my Problem:

When I set my camera to photo mode I only have a black screen. OSD and grids are showing, but no live view. After a few seconds the screen turns off completely. Nothing I do turns the screen on again. The only thing which helps is to switch the camera to video or preview mode.
The camera still takes pictures but I still would like to use the screen. Video mode works fine, including grids.

What did I try to fix the problem:
- Deleted all files from the SD-card and reinstalled CHDK.
- Tried different grids (not edited by me ::))
- Deaktivated grids.
- Made sure no skript is running.
- Set everything to standart settings.
- Turned off all features I could find.
- Turned off energy-saver.

Hope I provided all the info you need to help me on this. If not, I would be glad to provide more.
Thanks in advanced
lorddenko
IXUS50 v1.01b

ixus50_sd400-101b-0.9.8-786-full

Offline reyalp

Re: Blank Screen in photo mode
« Reply #1 on: 21 / July / 2009, 18:20:18 »
Sounds like your camera is crashing. Are you sure you ixus50 is 101b not 101a ?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 23 / July / 2009, 07:27:54 »
I guess so. Here is a screenshot:

Does the GM in front of the version number have to so something with it? I though it just stands for german.

Thanks for any help on that.
lorddenko
IXUS50 v1.01b

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 23 / July / 2009, 07:58:56 »
Hi lorddenko,
Does the GM in front of the version number have to so something with it? I though it just stands for german.
No, it's always GM; there are normally only 2 different "brands" of a fw, a PAL version and a NTSC one...
The naming is Powershot SD for the north american market, IXUS in europe & Digital IXY in japan.

Your fw version is 1.01B

Some more things you can do/try:
- Reset the camera to the Canon defaults (from the Canon menu)
- check the playback/record mode/video mode switch
- check the A/V connector (there's a mech. switch inside that disables the LCD when you plug in an AV cable)
- connect the camera to a TV or PC TV-in card via the A/V connector - can you see the playback image, menu & lifeview there ?
- is it the same with other cards, without CHDK, fresh formatted (in-camera) ?

btw - you know the german forum ?

« Reply #4 on: 23 / July / 2009, 09:54:07 »
Thx for the help. I found the "error". Kinda embarrassing. A single push on the "DISP." button solved the problem. One should know how to use once stuff.

By the way, how do you reset the IXUS as you suggested fe50? I just found the option to reset the picture counter.

And yes, I know the german forum. I have now problem reading and understanding english, so it makes no difference for me wich one I use. Was my spelling so bad^^

Thx again for your help.
lorddenko
IXUS50 v1.01b

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #5 on: 23 / July / 2009, 14:12:38 »
I found the "error". Kinda embarrassing. A single push on the "DISP." button solved the problem. One should know how to use once stuff.
LOL - first i thought about this... so: RTFM  :haha

By the way, how do you reset the IXUS as you suggested fe50? I just found the option to reset the picture counter.
Hold MENU for about 7-8 seconds.

Was my spelling so bad^^
LOL again - no, but it's much easier for me & MY spelling is light-years better there, i swear :D
Cheers.