SX10: Firmware version GM1.03A - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

SX10: Firmware version GM1.03A

• 15 Replies
Re: SX10: Firmware version GM1.03A
« Reply #10 on: 05 / July / 2009, 02:07:27 »
Advertisements
SX10 (1.03a) & CHDK newbie, wondering how long I should expect the 1.03a port to take. Months? Weeks?
There is no schedule. Could be tomorrow, could be never.

If no one else starts I can take a look in about two or three weeks, unless work picks up.

I don't have a 1.03 camera, so it's going to be guesswork mostly.

« Reply #11 on: 13 / July / 2009, 06:18:12 »
I would like to thank all those who involved in the development of this program,
especially those who have such a great idea and came up with CHDK.

PS: Version 1.03a is fully working on my SX10.
Once again, Thanks

« Reply #12 on: 15 / July / 2009, 23:56:55 »
Hey all...
Was very excited to see v 1.03a published and hear that some of you have had success. This is the ver firmware for my SX10, but I'm having issues.
First I should say that I succesfully use CHDK for my powershot SD630 with no problems. I mainly use it to capture RAW files and it works fine for that.

Now having a clean format on my card, (by the camera) and unzipping the whole (large) 1.03a chdk file into the root dir of my card. I can:
Load chdk through normal means
Alt menu and see the whole chdk menu
navigate through the menu and select or deselect functionality

I have Raw selected, (radio button on right) with .crw as my file extension. And it doesn't matter if I select place raw in with .jpg foldfer selected or not... I'm not getting RAW images.

The camera is behaving as though it is taking the additional 2 seconds or so to create the raw file, but they are not on the card.

Has anyone experienced this and overcome it?

Thanks Glasseye 

« Reply #13 on: 16 / July / 2009, 00:45:58 »
Is there a 100CANON folder on your card? If you don't have the "Raw file in dir with JPEG" option turned on it will save RAW photos into 100CANON.

I need to learn to read.

I've tested your options on my 1.00C and it worked perfectly.

Have you tried using "Reset options to default" under Miscellaneous menu and then turning on Raw and trying to see if that worked?

The other thing to check would be to see if your cards format is ok... did you try checking the volume for errors under windows?
« Last Edit: 16 / July / 2009, 00:54:33 by cormac »

« Reply #14 on: 16 / July / 2009, 23:15:34 »
CHDK for installed fine & is saving raw files. However, I'm unable to get trial versions of Lightbox or Photoline to recognise the SX10 .CRW files as valid raw formats. Any recommendations?

Also, in CHDK's RAW menu, selecting the DNG format menu item results in error 'Cannot load CHDK/badpixel.bin Please run CHDK/SCRIPTS/TEST/badpixel.lua' & no action appears to be taken. Selecting the 'DNG' file extension menu item simply toggles the 'dot'. So there appears to be some work required to clean up this menu at least.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #15 on: 17 / July / 2009, 00:19:10 »
CHDK for installed fine & is saving raw files. However, I'm unable to get trial versions of Lightbox or Photoline to recognise the SX10 .CRW files as valid raw formats. Any recommendations?
Yes, read the stickies in the raw forum.
Also, in CHDK's RAW menu, selecting the DNG format menu item results in error 'Cannot load CHDK/badpixel.bin Please run CHDK/SCRIPTS/TEST/badpixel.lua' & no action appears to be taken. Selecting the 'DNG' file extension menu item simply toggles the 'dot'. So there appears to be some work required to clean up this menu at least.
As the message says, you need to run the script to create the badpixel file.
Don't forget what the H stands for.