long vid_get_bitmap_buffer_height() { return 270; }
SX200 IS-100C

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
Re: SX200is Porting
« Reply #131 on: 01 / September / 2009, 14:01:02 »
bitmap_screen_width != bitmap_buffer_width
screen_height != buffer_height
looks odd to the extreme. If my memory serves, there was only one such handicap, the TX1 (which was how bitmap_buffer_width actually came to be, read from here on).

Offline Darkness

• SX200IS 100D
« Reply #132 on: 01 / September / 2009, 18:30:45 »
messed around a little...

It still works on 100D if I enable OPT_DEBUGGING
even though it seemed like menu options were not working but when I pressed "draw zebra" (no visual feedback) and tried to take a picture, the zebra pattern was blinking so that seemed to work.

However, the menu seems to be moved a little to the top and right, so I will have to digg in to the drawing issues as well. Not so much time to work on it though

edit, after chatting with reyalp a little, it dawned to me that I don't see the checkboxes, they are probably too far to the right...

edit2: did some more experimenting:
  • zooming while shooting video works! seems to use the slow zoom mode to reduce noise
  • As ADamB mentioned, long vid_get_bitmap_screen_width(){return 720;} seems to about right. it gives an equal border on both sides.
  • gray textcolor combined with ugly orange background is still very much unreadable (still could not read what is on the chdk logo...)
  • RAW and histogram were enable I think but didn't see any of that yet...

will try more ...
« Last Edit: 01 / September / 2009, 19:29:35 by Darkness »
SX200IS 100D

Offline OldGit

« Reply #133 on: 01 / September / 2009, 23:39:53 »
Hi,
this port is jinxed for me, think my hard drive on the porting PC has just died.
Just as well we have the sources saved in the svn.

Darkness, the check boxes on the menus on 100C are not visable also.
I did come across a patch that was applied to the sd990 (I think) that may help us with the movement of the display in different modes.
Regarding OPT_DEBUGGING, that was fixed by adding more addresses to stubs_entry_2 / stubs_min.

Also we need to setup camera.h with some more sensible values, don't forget that I was just trying to get this to display something so I could get the button masks, sd read mask etc. I think some of the draw routines use the values from the camera.h file
I still have a lot of the initial setting up to do.

And the jogdail is only operational due to "default" code, the timeout delay will need to be increased (kbd.c maybe) can't see the source now so can't check.

I'll try to salvage the hard disk (anoying as this is 1 TB drive and it will take a while to recover), if I can't it will mean a re-install to new drive. I'll let you know when I'm back up and running again.
OldGit
SX200 IS-100C

Offline reyalp

« Reply #134 on: 02 / September / 2009, 00:00:58 »
  • gray textcolor combined with ugly orange background is still very much unreadable (still could not read what is on the chdk logo...)
Try using the SD990 color settings (#define CAM_BITMAP_PALETTE    2) note that you probably need to delete your CCHDK.CFG to see the full effect.

You can also customize most of the colors in the visual settings menu. These are again stored in CCHDK.CFG
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Darkness

• SX200IS 100D
« Reply #135 on: 02 / September / 2009, 04:14:51 »
  • zooming while shooting video works! seems to use the slow zoom mode to reduce noise
seems to be only digital zoom, I don't know if optical zoom is normally supported by CHDK
SX200IS 100D

« Reply #136 on: 02 / September / 2009, 04:26:34 »
Hi, the checkboxes of the menu are shown with this change suggested by tr1stan:

void *vid_get_viewport_fb_d()
{
   return (void*)(*(int*)(0x2950+0x50));   // found at FF858EB8 in the 100D FW
}

... and the parameters (width, heigth) suggested by ADamb (the menus are show centered).

But this modification also suggested by tr1stan makes the menus disappear sometimes:

"I think it must be "unsigned char buff = *((unsigned char*)0xFEC8);" instead of 0x1FD8."

I make the test with the svn published by Darkness (that don't have the first modification from tr1stan)

I have 100C firmware

I've tested some lua and bas scripts very basic (take one or two shoots).

** the command "shoot" stops the scripts.  :(

« Reply #137 on: 02 / September / 2009, 04:41:51 »
seems to be only digital zoom, I don't know if optical zoom is normally supported by CHDK

The sx200 always supported digital zoom in video, but you probably knew that. Other people have managed to enable optical zoom in video by using CHDK using other cameras.

« Reply #138 on: 02 / September / 2009, 05:05:32 »
Hi, the checkboxes of the menu are shown with this change suggested by tr1stan:

void *vid_get_viewport_fb_d()
{
   return (void*)(*(int*)(0x2950+0x50));   // found at FF858EB8 in the 100D FW
}

... and the parameters (width, heigth) suggested by ADamb (the menus are show centered).

But this modification also suggested by tr1stan makes the menus disappear sometimes:

"I think it must be "unsigned char buff = *((unsigned char*)0xFEC8);" instead of 0x1FD8."

I make the test with the svn published by Darkness (that don't have the first modification from tr1stan)

Well I've played around with these values yesterday but without changing the screen resolution settings.
I've never seen checkboxes... but will give it a try later

Offline OldGit

« Reply #139 on: 02 / September / 2009, 08:30:27 »
SX200 IS-100C