IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread - page 6 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread

• 678 Replies
Re: IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread
« Reply #50 on: 09 / September / 2009, 09:15:01 »
Advertisements
Unfortunately I've got FW1.00B.  Pre-alpha behaved as voodoolady described.  Tried the modified udumper that was reported to work on the SX200, but no joy.

« Reply #51 on: 09 / September / 2009, 10:01:56 »
If either of you 1.00B fw users can dump your firmware I will try to make an appropriate 1.00B build. 

Harpo
Canon Models - SD300, SD780, & SX210

« Reply #52 on: 09 / September / 2009, 11:17:48 »
sorry but i'm very stupid...how i can build pre-alpha build xD?
In the wiki under development you will find build methods.

Harpo

« Reply #53 on: 09 / September / 2009, 12:24:24 »
thanks HarpoMa, i tested pre-alpha but don't run any function...
God work

« Reply #54 on: 09 / September / 2009, 15:12:07 »
I'm useless at hardware hacks.  Unless people have figured out a software-only method for dumping from the SD780, I'm not going to be of much help.  Seems weird that the modified udumper only works with the SX200 and none of the other new cams.

If either of you 1.00B fw users can dump your firmware I will try to make an appropriate 1.00B build. 

Harpo

Offline reyalp

« Reply #55 on: 09 / September / 2009, 23:44:10 »
I'll answer the various questions above. 

I agree to what you say about the half-shoot solution.  It does work but causes interface issues.  ALT is used in many places.  :(  I'm thinking either making long-menu or long-display enter the ALT mode.  I'll check out the other cameras and see if any have no-print buttons.

As for the questions of time lines...   I think intial work will be a couple to three more weeks (provided life doesn't get in the way).   After that it's hard to say.  This is my first port and I imagine bugs persist for a while.

As for the firmware it is very young and not worth testing with at all.  It was simply a proof that I'm actually working on it.  LOL    I'll post a newer firmware tommorow that actually does stuff....
Note that some cameras let you choose your alt button, search for CAM_ADJUSTABLE_ALT_BUTTON in the code.

One idea I had is using the play button. You could have a long press do the original function. Requiring a long press to get to alt mode is more annoying IMO, because you frequently want to get into alt and quickly change something.
My reasoning (based on using the SD990, I'm assuming the ixus 100 works the same way) is: In play mode, the canon behavior is also weird and mostly useless. It shuts down only if the lens is already retracted. In record mode, holding down the button slightly longer to go to play wouldn't be a big deal.

Downside, this could be very confusing for new users.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #56 on: 11 / September / 2009, 06:19:16 »
what is the status of the port of ixus100 HarpoMa?
I'm very impatient xD
thank you

« Reply #57 on: 11 / September / 2009, 09:28:37 »
what is the status of the port of ixus100 HarpoMa?
I'm very impatient xD
thank you

There is no point in being impatient or even stating it.  The port status is always updated in the first post of this thread.  If you need more then that I'm sorry but there is no more.  If this still does not help feel free to return in 6 months.  I'm sure by then a stable release will be done.

Harpo
« Last Edit: 11 / September / 2009, 09:32:26 by HarpoMa »

« Reply #58 on: 11 / September / 2009, 10:36:52 »
There is no point in being impatient or even stating it.  The port status is always updated in the first post of this thread.  If you need more then that I'm sorry but there is no more.  If this still does not help feel free to return in 6 months.  I'm sure by then a stable release will be done.

Harpo

Well said!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #59 on: 14 / September / 2009, 17:34:09 »
This is probably better addressed in the development forum
Ok.  I have my new port dumping (sd780) a really raw image.  However even rawtherapee does not open it...  How do I determine if the file that is being dumped is valid in any way?  The raw is 12-bit.   I've read that I may need to add a new setup to dcraw for my new camera?    Should I drop RAW entirely and use DNG for determining if things are going ok?

I'm a little confused how I should debug a RAW output that has no format.  LOL

Any advise or links are appreciated.
If you just want a quick look to see if the image is right, there are some programs you can load it into. For example, using irfanview you can use "open as->raw file" and then set the parameters you think are right for your cam. If you have the right buffer in CHDK and the right parameters, you'll see an image.

You can also write a very simple program that takes the 12bpp packed it into something more common (like 8 or 16 bit raw which you can then load as a greyscale in photoshop or gimp). I've attached the one I used in the sd990 port.

For actual shooting, I'd probably just go with DNG, although you could certainly hack dcraw if you want.
Don't forget what the H stands for.