IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread - page 34 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread

• 678 Replies

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread
« Reply #330 on: 03 / February / 2010, 10:03:22 »
Advertisements
Hello & welcome, yegga !

when I insert the card into the IXUS 100IS I get a single message: 'Card locked!'

Then CHDK is not loaded...maybe
- the card is not FAT12 or FAT16 formatted (FAT32 won't work with the automatic start mechanism)
- the card is not CHDK-bootable ("BOOTDISK" at offset 040h)
- the file "diskboot.bin" is not placed in the card's root or the file is not named correctly
- you're using a card with a size of > 4GB; in this case the card must be partitioned...

You should also be able to load CHDK manually - just copy the PS.FI2 file to the card, start the camera in playback mode (with unlocked card), enter the Canon menu & select "Firmware update"...this should work on all cards/filesystems.

« Reply #331 on: 03 / February / 2010, 11:18:10 »
Eye-Fi Card with SDM:

I installed SDM, cut slot in the Card - it works OK.
Had to modify card reader to write to modified card.

« Reply #332 on: 05 / February / 2010, 09:11:16 »
I'm a bit depressed because I can't join in the fun with my 1.00B camera :(  Tested the available ps.fi2 and diskboot.bin files, but the camera just won't work (no lights when turned on, goes dead on manual firmware update, needs battery removed to reset).

At this point, if I managed to get a hardware-based firmware dump, would it be difficult to create a 1.00B CHDK version?  If someone could provide instructions for doing the hardware-based dump, I wouldn't be able to do it myself, but I probably have friends who can.

Offline ERR99

« Reply #333 on: 05 / February / 2010, 15:01:57 »
You can try the g11 udumper to dump the firmware: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4647.msg46175.html#msg46175

« Reply #334 on: 05 / February / 2010, 23:52:13 »
Unfortunately, no joy on the g11 udumper.  Same response as the old udumper (no light, nothing in empty.dum).

Offline ERR99

« Reply #335 on: 06 / February / 2010, 03:07:21 »
Oh yes, the SD780IS needs another diskboot.bin encoding as the g11. I encoded now the diskboot.bin with dancingbits option 2, so the sd780is should at least boot this file. So please try again with the attached file, maybe we have more luck this time.  ;)

« Reply #336 on: 06 / February / 2010, 19:04:57 »
Hi. I'm a real newbie, please bear with me. I finally got CHDK to work with my SD780. I had to search around before finding that running badpixel at least once enabled dng saving, now get some beautiful RAW's on this camera. GIMP works good with GraphicConverter on the Mac to see and adjust files. Can't seem to get Adobe CS4 to see the pictures unless I first save them as Tiff's. I've been trying to bracket shots, and with badpixel running, can get two sets of shots with different TV settings, but with badpixel the camera always takes two shots. What I get is two sets of three pictures, each set of three having a different setting. I've read that with continuous mode and bracketting you should be able to set, say, three shots, and have it bracket values, but can't seem to make it work yet. Is there a default lua script just to fire the camera? Might seem like a silly question, but lua scripts seem to work better than uBasic, can't get them to work at all, and yes, I have read through the post, I realize that little has been looked at there. I think if I had a lua script that fired the camera with a wait, to prevent movement, it would then go to the custom timer and do it's thing, then would bracket three shots. I'm not sure if that makes much sense, just a thought I had.
I find the menus to be very stable for the most part, found that I get really stable menu in review mode, or with a very short press to the power button, which also gives review mode, and if I change things there, it saves changes for the next time I fire up all the way, helped when I tried a script that put me into an endless loop.
Please let me say, to everyone working on this, AWESOME! Just the ability of getting RAW on this little camera is a great improvement to me. I appreciate the work you are all doing!
SD780, SX200, SX1, SD890 and SD980 - O.K. Way too many cameras, not enough photos!

« Reply #337 on: 07 / February / 2010, 00:41:14 »
SDM:

Can I edit SDM installation? I would like to change in itial appearance and adjust the settings when SDM is booted. (Not by adjusting settings using the script as i do it now. )

Also, did anybody work with Dave Mitchell's Configuration Editor? This is great idea but I could not make it work.

« Reply #338 on: 07 / February / 2010, 04:32:59 »

Can I edit SDM installation? I would like to change in itial appearance and adjust the settings when SDM is booted.

What settings do you mean ?

You can change positions with the layout editor and there are menu options to turn the header and splashscreen off.

did anybody work with Dave Mitchell's Configuration Editor? This is great idea but I could not make it work.

It works fine.
Did you read the following (in bold letters in the download instructions) ?  :-

NOTE:The IXUS100, IXUS980 and SX200IS do not use the standard CFG file, they use a file with a numeric value after 'CFG'.
These must be copied to the card manually and should not be renamed. Use the files supplied in the CONFIGS folder.

Alternatively, do not use the supplied CFG file and rename or delete any existing CHDK.CFG (not CCHDK.CFG) file.
« Last Edit: 07 / February / 2010, 04:35:21 by Microfunguy »

« Reply #339 on: 07 / February / 2010, 10:04:01 »
Oh yes, the SD780IS needs another diskboot.bin encoding as the g11. I encoded now the diskboot.bin with dancingbits option 2, so the sd780is should at least boot this file. So please try again with the attached file, maybe we have more luck this time.  ;)

Sadly, although the AF lamp and flash indicator light turn on now, there is still nothing written into empty.dum...  But this is the first time I've seen the camera actually react to any of the files I've tried so far.  The 1.00B camera is proving quite frustrating.