IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread

• 678 Replies

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    Re: IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread
    « Reply #340 on: 07 / February / 2010, 12:13:07 »
    Advertisements
    Damned... If both LEDs show up, that means that the dumper found the BOOTDISK signature and also a function pointer that could be possible the WriteSDCard function. I compared the functions of the SD780 1.0C dump with the G11 functions, and there are almost the same. I am wondering that it is not working... :blink:

Do you checked the empty.dum file with the Cardtricks "string" function or by viewing with a hexeditor? I am asking, because the dump will start somewhere in the middle of the empty.dum file, and not from byte 0. So it is possible to overlook the dump if you take only a quick view with the hexeditor on the first KBs.

Offline reyalp

• Publish
    « Reply #341 on: 07 / February / 2010, 17:40:02 »
    Do you checked the empty.dum file with the Cardtricks "string" function or by viewing with a hexeditor? I am asking, because the dump will start somewhere in the middle of the empty.dum file, and not from byte 0. So it is possible to overlook the dump if you take only a quick view with the hexeditor on the first KBs.
    Also remember udumper doesn't know anything about the filesystem at all. If the card wasn't freshly formatted with empty.dum as one of the first files created, the dump might not be inside the file at all. If you are on a *nix system, you can just dd the sectors that udumper would write to.

ISTR some cameras have needed more or less of the RAM zeroed for WriteSDCard to work.
    Don't forget what the H stands for.

• Publish
    « Reply #342 on: 08 / February / 2010, 00:41:02 »
    SD780 - access to physical buttons and swithces

Is there a list of names for physical buttons and switches for SD780?

1. I need to create certain functionality when some buttons are pressed
    (and specifically, I need to add power down when 'Power' button is pressed. For whatever reason my power down button does not work when camera operates in ALT mode)

2. I need to block the buttons I do not use, meaning pressing these buttons results in n o action.
    « Last Edit: 08 / February / 2010, 02:52:24 by Andrey »

• Publish
    « Reply #343 on: 08 / February / 2010, 00:44:38 »
    SD780 - cleaning the display

How to clean the display entirely from over-writes.
    I use cls command and it cleans everything but 'x2' at the top of the LCD for digital zoom and ALT at the bottom. Also there is focusing rectangle. I want them all OFF!

Is it any way to do it?
    « Last Edit: 08 / February / 2010, 02:51:28 by Andrey »

• Publish
    « Reply #344 on: 08 / February / 2010, 01:03:37 »
    SD780 - digital zoom. Reply to Microfunguy

I have indication that digital zoom can be set in ... DISKBOOT.BIN file?
    When I use my SDM SD card it sets digital zoom to x2. (It does it every time on start up. I guess I set it manually at some point and it became written to the card)

If I start camera without the card digital zoom is set to x1 - no magnification.

Unfortunately i do not know what to write to set digital zoom. Any suggestions?
    « Last Edit: 08 / February / 2010, 02:54:45 by Andrey »

• Publish
    « Reply #345 on: 10 / February / 2010, 13:33:46 »
    Deleted
    « Last Edit: 13 / February / 2010, 03:01:20 by danstr »
    SD780, SX200, SX1, SD890 and SD980 - O.K. Way too many cameras, not enough photos!

• Publish
    « Reply #346 on: 13 / February / 2010, 08:05:37 »
    Hey, great work! Keep going!

I managed to run "Pre-Alpha Firmware (v8 updated Dec. 3, 2009)" on mine. Functionality seems to be as described.
    Things I (also) noticed:
      - menu disappears in shooting-mode when AI-Focus engages
      - RAW files cannot be read (tried with Camera RAW, irfan-view, just read the CHDK & RAW thread, will try this)
      - when I try to enable DNG it tells me that badpixel.bin is missing
        (badpixel.lua does not seem to work, only says "Run in record mode" ... which I did. Any ideas?!
         fixed by uncommenting the loop that checks for record mode, see post on page 19 by Boondaburrah)
      - histogram doesn't work when set to "Always" (when set to "Shoot" it works, but seems to hang after a while)
      - in display-mode, the "alt icon" appears as a white rectangle (maybe identical text-colour?!)

Will be happy to do more specific testing if required.
    Again, great work guys!
    « Last Edit: 16 / February / 2010, 04:24:05 by OLi7ER »

• Publish
    « Reply #347 on: 13 / February / 2010, 10:29:32 »

I have indication that digital zoom can be set in ... DISKBOOT.BIN file?
    What do you mean ?

When I use my SDM SD card it sets digital zoom to x2. (It does it every time on start up. I guess I set it manually at some point and it became written to the card)

There is no function that sets digital zoom.

What happens if you delete or temporarily rename the CFG file ?

• Publish
    « Reply #348 on: 13 / February / 2010, 10:33:31 »
    Hey, great work! Keep going!

I managed to run "Pre-Alpha Firmware (v8 updated Dec. 3, 2009)" on mine. Functionality seems to be as described.
    Things I (also) noticed:
      - menu disappears in shooting-mode when AI-Focus engages
      - RAW files cannot be read (tried with Camera RAW, irfan-view, just read the CHDK & RAW thread, will try this)
        (badpixel.lua does not seem to work, only says "Run in record mode" ... which I did. Any ideas?!)
      - histogram doesn't work when set to "Always" (when set to "Shoot" it works, but seems to hang after a while)
      - in display-mode, the "alt icon" appears as a white rectangle (maybe identical text-colour?!)

Will be happy to do more specific testing if required.
    Again, great work guys!

See the post on page 19 of this forum, by Boondaburrah, once you remove the piece he mentions in a text editor and reload to your camera, then you can run it with alt, just make sure to read the message it gives you after, I didn't and it took me a few trues before I saw that you have to press SET after. Gives some great RAW files. I am on a Mac and can read them with Gimp, and GraphicConverter. If you do as well, make sure to start GraphicConverter before Gimp, and then open the files in Gimp, and GC will filter it first and you can set white balance, etc, in a preview, before the image opens. I also get the white square in display mode, but hadn't thought too much about it, just assumed, rightly, that chdk was running then. Besides the white square, the menus seem very stable in display mode, they don't just disappear like they do in record mode.
    « Last Edit: 13 / February / 2010, 10:46:17 by danstr »
    SD780, SX200, SX1, SD890 and SD980 - O.K. Way too many cameras, not enough photos!

• Publish
    « Reply #349 on: 16 / February / 2010, 04:20:04 »

(badpixel.lua does not seem to work, only says "Run in record mode" ... which I did. Any ideas?!)

See the post on page 19 of this forum, by Boondaburrah, once you remove the piece he mentions in a text editor and reload to your camera, then you can run it with alt, just make sure to read the message it gives you after, I didn't and it took me a few trues before I saw that you have to press SET after.

Thanks, danstr & Boondaburrah! Hadn't yet made my way back through the thread quite far enough. Erasing the loop was the thing I was thinking about myself already, though I assumed it's vital to check for the state... but true, if you make sure it is in record yourself then you don't need to worry. Can write DNG now, not quite sure yet what to use for the workflow, though.