IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread - page 42 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread

• 678 Replies

bugmenot

Re: IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread
« Reply #410 on: 19 / March / 2010, 13:38:18 »
Advertisements
No canon fw upgrade exists ATM.  I am working on trying to get a 1.00b blind port but i don't have a great firmware dump.  :(  If you can provide a fw dump of the 1.00b then I can likely get you a port.

harpo

ok in the next days i will read the instructions and i will try to dump the firmware, i don't know anything but i'm a web developer so i hope i will do it

Offline Hux

« Reply #411 on: 20 / March / 2010, 03:31:07 »
Hi all

Seem to have made a 4gb card work on my Mac and got the Canon 100is to shoot a few raw/dng pics.   :)
What can I do with the dng files in OS X, Win or Linux? 
Will they display/convert or is it still in progress?
Can I make a real 5 pic HDR yet?
Sorry for the questions if all this is still very much in beta.

Thanks very much for all the hard work.  :)

« Reply #412 on: 20 / March / 2010, 12:57:42 »
Patch for fixing RAW/DNG (with correct colour profile noless), addition of a palette (sadly SD780 is also different) and a fix of the UP button spitting messages to screen.  This also cleans up camera.h SD780 section considerably.
Canon Models - SD300, SD780, & SX210

« Reply #413 on: 20 / March / 2010, 13:01:21 »
@Hux

The build you are using has a bug in RAW/DNG so you can't use them atm.  The patch I've uploaded has the fix but it could be a few days before it's entered into the autobuild.  (a guess as it depends on the schedule of people who can enter in such changes)

Once the fix is in you can use the DNG native on the mac (at least in 10.6 you can)  They are simply higher detail versions that become the eventual JPG (if anyone wants to correct my layman answer please do)

"Can I make a real 5 pic HDR yet?"  Sadly I don't know much about this question.

Harpo

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #414 on: 20 / March / 2010, 14:22:44 »
Patch for fixing RAW/DNG (with correct colour profile noless), addition of a palette (sadly SD780 is also different) and a fix of the UP button spitting messages to screen.  This also cleans up camera.h SD780 section considerably.
Thx, commited to the trunk, changeset #881.

Can I make a real 5 pic HDR yet?
First: Hello & welcome :)
If braketing in continuous mode is working on the SD780, you can easily do it like described here:
--> Scriptless Tv bracketing (also: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2972.msg37704.html#msg37704)

To build the HDR images you need a appropriate software, you'll find some links here:
--> CHDK wikia: Software - Stacking & HDR

The new #881 Autobuild download package should be available from the Autobuild Server in ~ 20 minutes...

« Reply #415 on: 20 / March / 2010, 17:06:47 »
 :xmas @HarpoMa
Awesome, Jason :D It's great to have raw again. And on my Macbook, they open right up in PS4, no intermediary programs needed. Greatly appreciated!
I do notice that script parameter values are not saved, ie: ultra_intervalometer on my other cameras switching to parameter set 1 from 0 will save my settings in 0, on this camera that doesn't happen, not a great big deal, just have to set those values each time before using. I use that script with a setting of one for single shots, so just changed the default value in the script. And I know... they're called Beta for a reason. I am very happy to have so much more to do with this camera! Great job!
Thank you, Jason,
Dan
« Last Edit: 20 / March / 2010, 17:11:26 by danstr »
SD780, SX200, SX1, SD890 and SD980 - O.K. Way too many cameras, not enough photos!

« Reply #416 on: 20 / March / 2010, 18:54:28 »
I doubt script parameter values are specific to the sd780.  Are you certain there is not a "clear settings" on boot option turned on?  If you know different then mail me a copy of the script and I'll test with it.

Harpo

« Reply #417 on: 20 / March / 2010, 19:16:52 »
The thing is, it occurs inside the script, without leaving the parameter menu, so clearing override values(which is not set) shouldn't affect it, the camera has not been shut off.
This is the script:

rem Author - Keoeeit                     
rem Written for S-Series                     
rem Should be okay on others                     
rem Use Endless mode with caution                     
rem See documentation for important info                     
rem first version                     
@title Ultra Intervalometer                     
@param a Delay 1st Shot (Mins)                     
@default a 0                     
@param b Delay 1st Shot (Secs)                     
@default b 0                     
@param c Number of Shots                     
@default c 5                     
@param d Interval (Minutes)                     
@default d 0                     
@param e Interval (Seconds)                     
@default e 0                     
@param f Interval (10th Seconds)                     
@default f 5                     
@param g Endless? No=0 Yes=1                     
@default g 0                     
p=a*60000+b*1000                     
t=d*60000+e*1000+f*100                     
if c<1 then let c=5                     
if t<100 then let t=100                     
if g<0 then let g=0                     
if g>1 then let g=1                     
if p<0 then let p=0                     
z=t*c                     
y=p+z                     
print "1 Cycle Time:", y/60000; "min", y%60000/1000; "sec"                     
goto "interval"                     
:interval                     
  if p>0 then gosub "pause"                     
  print "Shot 1 of", c                     
  shoot                     
  if c=1 then end                     
  for n=2 to c                     
  sleep t                     
  print "Shot", n, "of", c                     
  shoot                     
  next n                     
  if g=1 then goto "interval" else end                     
:pause                     
  n=(a*60)+b                     
  for m=1 to n                     
  q=n-m                     
  print "Intvl Begins:", q/60; "min", q%60; "sec"                     
  sleep 930                     
  next m                     
  return

What happens is that when I load script from file, I get the normal menu, split into two part, the bottom part having the parameters to be set, the top part having the line with:
parameters set        (0), and if you set your values in the bottom part, and then switch to parameters set    (1), and switch back, the values I picked in set(0) should still be saved, but they revert to defaults.
It works on my other cameras, but not on this one.
Just noted something else, while I was checking the script thing, if in auto mode, I hold down the power switch for a bit while chdk is active, my settings change on screen from auto to macro symbol. I don't know if that is a normal function, and I just never saw it before.
Sorry if this stuff sounds picky, I am really happy with what there is right now, just trying to help with any testing.
Regards,
Dan
SD780, SX200, SX1, SD890 and SD980 - O.K. Way too many cameras, not enough photos!

« Reply #418 on: 21 / March / 2010, 15:14:52 »
Hi,

short question: does this CHDK for 100IX support continuous mode?
The standard menu does not offer a continuous mode and as far as I understood, this is a prerequ for the CHDK continuous mode.
(I would like to take a picture every x seconds, auto mode, no change in the settings like Tv, Av, ISO....)

Best regards,
Rainer

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #419 on: 21 / March / 2010, 15:35:32 »
Hello & welcome, husel !

short question: does this CHDK for 100IX support continuous mode?
The standard menu does not offer a continuous mode and as far as I understood, this is a prerequ for the CHDK continuous mode.
Continuous mode is a Canon camera mode available on all Powershots (also on the Ixus series), available in M mode.

(I would like to take a picture every x seconds, auto mode, no change in the settings like Tv, Av, ISO....)
For this an intervalometer script can be used, e.g. this or this one, also a script like this.
A CHDK script runs in any camera mode, also in Auto mode...