IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread - page 51 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread

• 678 Replies
Re: IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread
« Reply #500 on: 25 / April / 2010, 02:35:20 »
Advertisements
@reyalp On the IXUS 100, the DISP button is used to activate the ALT mode and I can't seem to change this on the menus. I know you can press the ALT mode key for more time to activate it's original function but it doesn't work too, I tried it. Anyways, I don't think the DISP button works in the video mode, even if CHDK isn't loaded.

Do you know how can I turn the backlight off? It's a propcase var? Can't seem to find it http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/PropertyCase

Offline reyalp

« Reply #501 on: 25 / April / 2010, 02:44:15 »
Using script to simulate a disp press should give you the original function in any case.
Anyways, I don't think the DISP button works in the video mode, even if CHDK isn't loaded.
In video mode, you won't get much power saving since the sensor is still running constantly.

Do you know how can I turn the backlight off? It's a propcase var? Can't seem to find it
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_firmware_usage/MoreBest#set_backlight.28.29
I haven't checked whether it is implemented on your camera.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #502 on: 25 / April / 2010, 10:05:10 »
Using script to simulate a disp press should give you the original function in any case.

Do you know how can I turn the backlight off? It's a propcase var? Can't seem to find it
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_firmware_usage/MoreBest#set_backlight.28.29
I haven't checked whether it is implemented on your camera.

Worked nicely, thanks. Although it keeps turning the backlight on everytime you change the camera mode or the moment you shoot the photo, it does keeps off most of the time so it's a #win.

By the way, we're using CHDK in a near space balloon project here in Portugal, I'll make sure to mention you guys and your great work everytime I can.

Tks again

Offline dh

« Reply #503 on: 26 / April / 2010, 09:55:47 »
@harpoman - Could you please create and post a patch of the sd780 svn trunk against your build _when_

a)you have the experimental PTP  remoting support active, and
b)hopefully have the example of firmware dump using fopen/fwrite/fflush/fclose active (or supporting routine at least present in source).  (Do the routines have standard C prototype and usage?)

I'm interested in those details for possible comparison and use with sd1200 1.00c firmware.

(As best I can tell none of the trunk, this thread, or the PTP thread seems to include the details the patch could provide.  I've tried to review all of those areas over the past several days, but may have overlooked.)

TIA.

« Last Edit: 26 / April / 2010, 09:59:59 by dh »

« Reply #504 on: 26 / April / 2010, 11:30:27 »
@dh - In regards to the fopen/fwrite.... I used the _Fut functions.  I'm not in front of my code atm but I seem to recall that the (platform) kbd.c has some of my debug code that used them to dump various parts of the code/variables/ect.     In regards to PTP i'll place it on the list but I'm hesitant to implement PTP in it as it appears they are trying to standardise the basic set of PTP functions.  I'll review the PTP thread and see if they have come to a final decision on the minimal set and what will go in the baseline.

Harpo

Canon Models - SD300, SD780, & SX210

Offline dh

« Reply #505 on: 26 / April / 2010, 14:16:26 »
I'm not looking for PTP to be implemented in trunk (for your SD780 effort nor anything else), at the moment.  You commented in PTP thread that you found it great for debugging.

I'm hoping I might find it similarly useful in working on sd1200, without having to do the grunt work you've already completed (or at least making my grunt-work a little lighter.)

As such, I expect a patch of your develpment build containing that functionality against what you have in trunk, would rather clearly highlight items that might be of use for debugging and PTP functionality in particular, as I do actually desire it for remote capture use, as well (presuming it will serve my needs, which I won't really know until I've tried - and the sd1200, with its currently incomplete port, is what I have closest at hand.) 

While I don't know what the vendors's firmware version numbering scheme is between cameras, it appears that (having done a little exploration) the sd780 1.00C bears some significant similarities to the sd1200 1.00C.

Will be appreciative of whatever you have in hand or can quickly produce.

Thanks.

Offline Hux

« Reply #506 on: 28 / April / 2010, 06:58:54 »
Hi all
Would this script work http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC/Scripts:_Bracketing_and_EV_correction

But with a Digic change get_prop to 208?
Thanks very much

« Reply #507 on: 28 / April / 2010, 19:14:46 »
This is great work on the sd780! I have a question about the battery, has anyone found or made an external battery pack for this cam? I have tried with limited success as it seems to be very picky on the exact power requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline dh

« Reply #508 on: 28 / April / 2010, 21:03:17 »
I'm not looking for PTP to be implemented in trunk (for your SD780 effort nor anything else), at the moment.  You commented in PTP thread that you found it great for debugging.
...snip...

I believe I have found what I was hoping for with one of ewavr's posted patches for the sx200.

If it does not turn out to be as I think, I may return here and repeat my request, but for now consider my request for a posted patch with PTP withdrawn.

Thanks.

« Reply #509 on: 30 / April / 2010, 13:17:26 »
Has anyone used the set_zoom_rel command in scripting for the SD780?  I've tried, and it works, but often it causes the camera to spontaneously shut down (leaving the lens extended).  I've tried adding sleep commands after the set_zoom_rel command (up to 2000 ms), and it seems to help, but even with the 2 second sleeps, I get occasional shutdowns.

Below is a script that recreates the problem.  It's a pretty simple script (and not very useful), but it's a stripped-down version that recreate the problem by just using the left and right buttons to control zoom.  I use autoboot, so when it gets into the script, I press "set" to take a picture, and then press the "right" button to zoom in.  Sometimes it shuts down on the first zoom, sometimes on the second.  I've also tried zooming in (outside of the script) and then zooming in with the script, to similar results.

====================
@title Testing set_zoom_rel
rem

rem Initialize snapshot counter
b=0

while 1
   wait_click
   is_key k "left"
   if k=1 then gosub "zoom_out"
   is_key k "right"
   if k=1 then gosub "zoom_in"
   is_key k "set"
   if k=1 then gosub "snapshot"
wend
end

:snapshot
   print "shoot: ";b
   press "shoot_full"
   sleep 1500
   release "shoot_full"
   release "shoot_half"
   b=b+1
   return

:zoom_in
   print "zoom in"
   set_zoom_rel 1
   sleep 2000
   return

:zoom_out
   print "zoom out"
   set_zoom_rel -1
   sleep 2000
   return

return
=====================

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!