IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread - page 64 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread

• 678 Replies
Re: IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread
« Reply #630 on: 24 / July / 2011, 10:45:18 »
Advertisements
Actually there is no logo, just a red rectangle with the CHDK version, build date and camera model. It appears less than 0,5 (half) second after the LCD lights up, so I would call that "right away".

« Reply #631 on: 24 / July / 2011, 10:51:44 »
Actually there is no logo, just a red rectangle with the CHDK version, build date and camera model. It appears less than 0,5 (half) second after the LCD lights up, so I would call that "right away".
okay - we can work on the logo later - did the 8A version also work ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #632 on: 24 / July / 2011, 11:40:13 »
Beta 9 :   cleaned up the FAT32 code inherited from the 1.00c.  Hopefully that will fix the invalid SD card problem.  The logo is stored on the card,  so if CHDK can't read the card then you won't see the round logo - just the text box (which is generated in the code)

IXUS100-SD780 firmware 1.00B - beta 9

« Reply #633 on: 24 / July / 2011, 12:10:06 »
Beta9 did fix some of the reading and writing to the card. The logo shows up on splashscreen, and also the icons on alt menu (they weren't present on beta8). No more "card error" message, you can see the pictures already on the SD card. Changes to photo and video params are recorded and kept if I reboot the camera.

The problem now is that whenever I try to take a picture (normally or through a script) or record video, the camera dies (shuts everything off with the lens extended). It's not necessary to remove the battery though, you can turn it back on normally.

« Reply #634 on: 24 / July / 2011, 12:25:20 »
The problem now is that whenever I try to take a picture (normally or through a script) or record video, the camera dies (shuts everything off with the lens extended). It's not necessary to remove the battery though, you can turn it back on normally.

Huge progress !!!  I was pretty much ready to  give up on this.   The shooting thing is a new problem - or rather a problem  we could not see because we could not boot at all.  I'm out of time right now but I'll look into it at some point this week.

Update : I've attached the source contents of the platform/ixus100_sd780/sub/100b directory here in case I don't get back to this and somebody else wants to look at it.
« Last Edit: 24 / July / 2011, 12:31:28 by waterwingz »

« Reply #635 on: 24 / July / 2011, 14:08:07 »
Beta 10 :   Found a few minutes to clean up capt_seq.c.    This should work a lot better.

IXUS100-SD780 fw 1.00B Beta 10

« Reply #636 on: 24 / July / 2011, 22:42:22 »
I've been away from home most of this sunday, so I haven't had the chance to test it thoroughly, but what I can say now is that the pictures are being properly recorded to the SD card :) ! Hurray!

Now the bugs: It doesn't matter if I turn the camera on with the playback or the on/off button, it always starts on playback mode. That's probably normal CHDK behavior, but I haven't used it in such a while that I can't be sure.

The only real issue I found so far is a strange behavior when I enter record mode (half-pressing shutter button). When I enter record mode and the record switch is set to full automatic, I can't change it to Program or Video mode. If I enter record mode and the switch is set to Program , I can switch between that and Video, but not to full automatic. And if I enter record mode with the switch set to Video, I can only alternate between Video and Program, but not Full Auto.

« Reply #637 on: 24 / July / 2011, 22:53:24 »
The Auto mode switching bug also exists with the 1.00C CHDK build for the SD780 IS.

The only real issue I found so far is a strange behavior when I enter record mode (half-pressing shutter button). When I enter record mode and the record switch is set to full automatic, I can't change it to Program or Video mode. If I enter record mode and the switch is set to Program , I can switch between that and Video, but not to full automatic. And if I enter record mode with the switch set to Video, I can only alternate between Video and Program, but not Full Auto.
Canon SD780IS

« Reply #638 on: 24 / July / 2011, 23:05:59 »
Now the bugs: It doesn't matter if I turn the camera on with the playback or the on/off button, it always starts on playback mode. That's probably normal CHDK behavior, but I haven't used it in such a while that I can't be sure.

Try holding the on/off button down for more than 1 second - standard CHDK behaviour is for it to enter shoot mode at that point.

Sounds like an issue with the SD780 port in general.  Sorry, but at this point,  I'm not going to tackle that. 

« Reply #639 on: 27 / July / 2011, 08:36:01 »
« Last Edit: 27 / July / 2011, 10:16:59 by Cloud »
Canon SD780 (Ixus 100 IS) - FW 1.00B