A570 wide angle and macro lens - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A570 wide angle and macro lens

• 14 Replies

bugmenot

Re: A570 wide angle and macro lens
« Reply #10 on: 14 / August / 2009, 14:33:53 »
Advertisements
Dude

What is with the horrible vigneting in the wide photo?

You have to remove the ring from the Canon Lens Adaptor (as it says in the manual) when you use it with a Wide angle lense. It vignets a lot if you keep it.

The plastic ring can be unscrewed from the lens adaptor. Put the Wide Lense instead of it

@fbonomi

an0n, could you please post two unretouched photos of a scene with and without the wide angle?

I am wondering wether it's a good idea or not to send a wide angle with my next balloon....

thanks

The wider shot has Canon adaptor compensation, but I could not see a difference in shots without.
These are low resolution from camera, untouched.
Edit: Forgot to say camera is A720. Just ask if you need more details.

Offline RaduP

« Reply #11 on: 14 / August / 2009, 14:59:08 »
Hi Radu

I have a Canon a710 with the Canon wide adaptor. You can check my gallery here:

http://floppyrom.deviantart.com/gallery/

The wide adaptor transformed my camera into something amazing now. I can get so much into frame right now. Yes, It's not the sharpest thing out there but you can process it later in Photoshop. 

The disadvantage is that you can't use the flash anymore because it shadows the photo.

Can you please post a link to the pictures taken with the wide angle lens? I am not sure which one are using it and which ones are normal.
And which adaptor is this? The Canon one or a 3rd party?

Offline an0n

« Reply #12 on: 14 / August / 2009, 22:55:45 »
You have to remove the ring from the Canon Lens Adaptor...............

No, it's 3rd party, not Canon. 52mm not 58 as Canon. No ring to remove. Bought to use filters mainly, as
I already had 52mm filters, otherwise would have bought 58mm or genuine Canon, which I might still do.
A720IS.

bugmenot

« Reply #13 on: 15 / August / 2009, 19:10:43 »
Hi Radu

This is how my camera looks like. It's a Canon a710. I call it Hubble now, as the Wide lense is quite big as you can see. But it gets the job done.

It has a lens adapter (Canon LA-DC58G) and the wide lens (Canon WCDC58N). I like to post process them, but you can see that the adaptor gives you a lot of room (24mm). I love it.

Wide photos taken with the adaptor:

Hi Radu

I have a Canon a710 with the Canon wide adaptor. You can check my gallery here:

http://floppyrom.deviantart.com/gallery/

The wide adaptor transformed my camera into something amazing now. I can get so much into frame right now. Yes, It's not the sharpest thing out there but you can process it later in Photoshop. 

The disadvantage is that you can't use the flash anymore because it shadows the photo.

Can you please post a link to the pictures taken with the wide angle lens? I am not sure which one are using it and which ones are normal.
And which adaptor is this? The Canon one or a 3rd party?

Offline RaduP

« Reply #14 on: 15 / August / 2009, 19:21:32 »
Nice, thanks!
Do you have a full size, preferably unprocessed image, to see how it looks like?