SD870 porting - first steps?

• 65 Replies

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
Re: SD870 porting - first steps?
« Reply #30 on: 24 / March / 2008, 06:02:41 »
Advertisements
abacus to dual-core CPU
just for joking: I had dual core in or at least twin-processor in my old casio pb1000[calcualtor] (sure hacked  version)
But it had/has unbelievable 64K of Ram.
Hey it had extra keys for scientific functions! No ned for a "ball-input-device" like with calc.exe :haha

nostalgia, the good old versions of castle,... oops somehow this post is offtopic, but equal Post

« Reply #31 on: 24 / March / 2008, 07:33:33 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 14:49:30 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #32 on: 24 / March / 2008, 17:45:27 »

« Reply #33 on: 24 / March / 2008, 20:18:02 »
omg... a lot of offtopic goin' on, way out there!

Well, back to this build: I can't seem to be able to use the file browser properly. It opens, but I can't actually "click" to select any folder, nor actually know how to apply an action (i.e. delete files).

Also, isn't there a way to disable the on-screen touchpad "helper" (the machine original) while browsing CHDK menu? it just keeps popping in the way...

As for any actual testing... Haven't had the time yet :S

(I'm set out to build the bugtracker first - sorry for that GrAnd... I started already, but I can't  seem to merge logins between databases - a little more time, I think).

Cheers

« Reply #34 on: 24 / March / 2008, 21:38:15 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 14:49:50 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #35 on: 25 / March / 2008, 01:16:17 »
Uhm,isnt trac supposed to be a bugtracker?

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #36 on: 25 / March / 2008, 03:35:52 »
Well, back to this build: I can't seem to be able to use the file browser properly. It opens, but I can't actually "click" to select any folder, nor actually know how to apply an action (i.e. delete files).
Also, isn't there a way to disable the on-screen touchpad "helper" (the machine original) while browsing CHDK menu? it just keeps popping in the way...

So, no new bugs found. :) SD870 porting - first steps?
As for touch wheel, the workaround now is to switch it off in the Canon menu.

Uhm,isnt trac supposed to be a bugtracker?

There is a ticket system on assembla, but it's so awkward...
CHDK Developer.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #37 on: 25 / March / 2008, 05:37:11 »
yes, trac is the ticketsystem, why do you think it is awkward?
will the new bugtracker be public or for devs only? you have to consider this: one wiki, one forum, one svn server (plus assembla/trac- nice "webfrontend" to svn), serveral servers for binaries plus a futurue bugtracker on another url.
well, it really depends on it being public or not. "regular" chdk users (non-hackers/coders) have never submitted proper bugreports before, and will have difficulties with a "complex web based bugtracker".
even if this bugtracker will be published, i would still consider a dedicated subforum for bugtracking, including a stickified topic with an example bug ticket explaining how to submit a bug either directly in forum or on the dedicated bugtracker.
plus, a dedicated bugtracker will have the disadvantage, that only you (the "master devs") will get notifications about bugs and subsequentially only you will fix these bugs. that means that this will reduce my chance to fix bugs on my own (and attach the diff in the forum post) to reduce YOUR workload.
sorry for offtopic.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #38 on: 25 / March / 2008, 05:54:49 »
@PhyrePhoX
We tried to use the tickets system on assembla a year ago, but it did not go... It's too simple. :) No predefined fields, no flexible statuses...
The bugtracker is supposed to be public, of course. It won't be "a dedicated", it will be integrated with the forum (I mean accounts will be the same).

edit: Ok. I granted "open new ticket" permissions to anyone at assembla. So, you can try to open a new one... :)

edit2: I tried playing with several bagtrackers and liked this one.
« Last Edit: 25 / March / 2008, 06:07:10 by GrAnd »
CHDK Developer.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #39 on: 25 / March / 2008, 06:50:31 »
well, you are right, there arent many options there. but on New Ticket - Demo33 - Trac for example they do have some more options.
i opened up a ticket, you can delete it.
mantis is huge and very powerful, yes, will need its time to install, configure & test. ah, it's a shame that the overhead of such projects as chdk always is so huge, why cant we just code ;)