IXY920 to SD880 firmware quastion! - Firmware Dumping - CHDK Forum  

IXY920 to SD880 firmware quastion!

• 2 Replies
IXY920 to SD880 firmware quastion!
« on: 16 / August / 2009, 15:26:50 »
Advertisements
First Hi! I must say, It's a great place!!!

I have a question on which I cannot find an answerer  (Also sorry if this is the wrong section to post on).
I bought an IXY920 (Japan's version) of the SD880. It comes with only 2 language Jap. & Eng.
And I need the Russian lang for my cam...
I was wondering if it's possible to flash it with SD880 firmware to get all the languages without turning it into a stone. (or maybe hack the original firmware to think it's an SD880 - cause I'm pretty sure it's the same firmware for all models)
If so maybe you can even point me in the right direction. (I've googled around but without luck!)

Thanks Guy's!!!!

PS

CHDK firmware add-ons rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: IXY920 to SD880 firmware quastion!
« Reply #1 on: 18 / August / 2009, 03:10:43 »
Any one?

Re: IXY920 to SD880 firmware quastion!
« Reply #2 on: 18 / August / 2009, 11:29:16 »
I've had a quick look at the firmware, but couldn't find anything useful. I do agree that it not likely that you have different firmware; certainly not when the version info is the same as on the wiki and CHDK works. So it is probably just a setting somewhere and I suspect flashing other firmware won't change that.

The only solution I can think of at the moment is to try and make a script to set PropertyCase 61 to the right value. Note that I haven't tried this myself and I also have no clue as to its safety. For English it should be 65537 and for Russian 68609 (both for PAL; for NTSC subtract 1). My guess for Japanese is 71937.