Problem Canon A520 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Problem Canon A520

• 6 Replies
Problem Canon A520
« on: 03 / August / 2009, 16:01:12 »
Advertisements
Hi there,
I`ve just fund this cool site and read a lot abut canon`s firmware and stuff.
But still I can`t find a solution to my problems..and they are :
1.This 30 seconds of recording...how can i expand the time i`m recording 640x480  ???
2.When i`m in record mode how can i use the zoom in and out while i`m recording ofcourse???
If it`s possible please someone to explain step by step how can i fix this problems ? :)

Thanks in advice :)

Offline reyalp

Re: Problem Canon A520
« Reply #1 on: 03 / August / 2009, 16:42:34 »
The a520 is not supported by CHDK. AFAIK this is a Digic I camera, so it will never be supported.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 04 / August / 2009, 05:41:48 »
Yes i know that it`s not supported but i was asking about  modification of the firmware and how to update it ?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 06 / August / 2009, 01:05:21 »
Yes i know that it`s not supported but i was asking about  modification of the firmware and how to update it ?
Oh right, you wanted step by step instructions. Here you go:
1) get the firmware off the camera somehow, or extract it from an official update
2) reverse engineer it enough to figure out how to change the things you want to change*
3) figure out how to flash it back onto the camera, without bricking the camera in the process.

* or find out that they are hardware limits, and so cannot be changed.

Snark aside, I do recall finding a web page about hacking digic I cameras somewhere. This http://nostromo.dynalias.org/canonhacking/ one, probably.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 06 / August / 2009, 09:37:37 »
Hm..you think you`re original with your post - well guess what...you`re stupid !
See other people it might help or just pray...

Offline mx3

skype: max_dtc. ICQ: 125985663, email: win.drivers(at)gmail, eVB decompiler

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #6 on: 06 / August / 2009, 16:12:20 »
Hm..you think you`re original with your post - well guess what...you`re stupid !
See other people it might help or just pray...

Can I get that in English, please?

Anyway, contrary to what you may believe, from the firmware hacking point of view Digic I is wildly different from Digic II, III and IV (the three of which have a whole lot in common). We don't know much about Digic I here, and our knowledge of the newer models doesn't help much.

Digic I a rather old platform, so there aren't many people with a suitable camera, the skill to hack one, and the huge amount of time it may take.