I upgraded my camera with bootflag.fir using firmware 1.0.2

I tried to remove the main battery and the lithium coin cell, most did not work

I tried to recover the factory setting, the menu did not work more

Re: 350d boot from cf card
« Reply #191 on: 16 / June / 2010, 16:02:58 »
sorry, I don't know anything else to try  :(

« Reply #192 on: 16 / June / 2010, 17:23:36 »
Thank crazyklaus thank the community forum, I think that unfortunately died my 350D

« Reply #193 on: 18 / June / 2010, 09:48:31 »
Tests using BootFlag (20090927)

4GB CF card >> Failed
Normal Red light at start.
Does not boot from CF.

256MB CF card >> Worked
At start Red, Blue, Red.
Boots from CF.

You will have to make your own conclusions ???
« Last Edit: 18 / June / 2010, 21:59:48 by My350D »

« Reply #194 on: 24 / June / 2010, 03:47:12 »
Klaus or Cryo

I am also an astrophotographer so I think I know what 7immer would like. Some type of basic scipt support that lets us run an exposure sequence script. I know the build we are using does not have all the gui stuff that the dor CHDK supports so if the core will supoort scripting then here may be an easy way to implement it.

1. Specify then script file name as a parameter in the config file
2. Add a INF CF or a shortcut key to enable or disable the script.
3. When enabled and shutter is fully pressed script is executed.
4. When disable shutter acts normally.

Then we could build custom scipts to set off the mirror lock and do long and multiple exposures. That would rock.

A few other wish list items for us Astro boys.

1. Shutter speed over ride would be great to allow exposures longer than 30 seconds
2. A shortcut key mapped for enable and disable the mirror lock function would be really handy.

Thank you for all of your excellent work. This hack is great just for the ISO3200/Spot/ and interface improvements so many thanks. If you could someone implement utilzation of the scripting language then so many more useful things could be done and I am sure many of the existing scripts could be tweaked for the 350.

« Reply #195 on: 24 / June / 2010, 13:46:32 »
Tests using BootFlag (20090927)
In my case, not for flashing between red and blue on a 4G CF

« Reply #196 on: 24 / June / 2010, 15:51:40 »
Klaus or Cryo

I am also an astrophotographer so I think I know what 7immer would like. Some type of basic scipt support that lets us run an exposure sequence script. I know the build we are using does not have all the gui stuff that the dor CHDK supports so if the core will supoort scripting then here may be an easy way to implement it.

1. Specify then script file name as a parameter in the config file
2. Add a INF CF or a shortcut key to enable or disable the script.
3. When enabled and shutter is fully pressed script is executed.
4. When disable shutter acts normally.

Then we could build custom scipts to set off the mirror lock and do long and multiple exposures. That would rock.

A few other wish list items for us Astro boys.

1. Shutter speed over ride would be great to allow exposures longer than 30 seconds
2. A shortcut key mapped for enable and disable the mirror lock function would be really handy.

Thank you for all of your excellent work. This hack is great just for the ISO3200/Spot/ and interface improvements so many thanks. If you could someone implement utilzation of the scripting language then so many more useful things could be done and I am sure many of the existing scripts could be tweaked for the 350.

hey blueprint  :)

I will think about your post, but what I can say now is that, at least for me, it's going to be very hard or completely impossible to implement such a script.

if you read my post where I list all the stuff I built into my new version you will see that I already implemented a shortcut for mirror lock-up because I also do some simple astrophotography ;)

the shortcut for mirror lock-up is: press the left button to get into metering menu, then press the direct print button. if the lock-up was disabled before, it is enabled and the RED led flashes. if it was enabled it is disabled and the BLUE led flashes.

for exposures longer than 30s I simply use a wire release. its inexpensive and you can even build your own if you like to (I did). set the camera to M mode, then when you scroll through the exposure times, after 30s you will get to BULB mode
with this exposure setting the camera will expose the light sensor for as long as the shutter is pressed. Most wire releases have a switch that simulates the shutter press.
press the button, look at the starting time on a watch and release the switch when your desired exposure time is reached. the longest exposure time I have done this way with the 350D was one hour and 15 minutes. hotpixels are terrible even at ISO 100, but it works  ;)

look at this photo, I took it yesterday evening:

it's the trail of the international space station ISS on its first pass that night, exposed 68 seconds.

« Reply #197 on: 25 / June / 2010, 08:52:45 »
CK,

Thanks for your response. I am using the All-in-infoV2 package but I will grab your build and check it out. Thanks for the heads up on the mirror lock feature as that is a plus.

The scripting would be great but I guess you are right in that you can use a bulb cable. I was going to build a rs-232 bulb cable and then I can use the free DSLR shutter program and I have also seen something called APT that does complex shutter control.

The other function full CHDK supports that would seem to be useful is the RAW summing feature that stacks multiple exposures.

Sure we do all this on the PC now, but I am just curious if we had a DSLR camera that could do exposure sequencing, noise reduction, and RAW summing all in the camera, in combitnation with an EQ mount (no need for rotation correction) what type of results could be produced without a PC? Truly Canon could build a camera with all these features and did at one point create the Canon 20DA an astrophoto specific model but it didn't have any features like this.

Sorry for my ignorance as I am new to CHDK but do they have a full impentation on any DSLR model? I would go buy a new one tomorrow if I could get the full CHDK with script and grid support. Having custom grids with the live view on the newer DSRL models would be awesome.

Thanks again and if scripting could be implemented that would be off the hook!

« Reply #198 on: 08 / July / 2010, 13:44:51 »
Just came across the CHDK hack for the 350d and I'm looking forward to trying it out.  Not to be greedy, but I was wondering if Auto ISO in creative modes with ability to set the max ISO and also min. shutter speed is doable?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 08 / July / 2010, 16:44:20 by v_roma »

« Reply #199 on: 09 / July / 2010, 08:21:28 »
I am experiencing something rather strange.  And I think it is due to me trying to set the boot flag using "scanled.fir".

When using a 50mm lens (prime, not zoom - they work) the camera front focuses.  It worked great earlier.  The only thing I did to the camera was TRY to change the bootflag.  Anyone ever hear of this?

When attempting to update the bootflag the camera locked up.  There was no change in the LED status even after 5 minutes of waiting.  The battery had to be removed for the camera to function again.  I thought nothing of it.  Decided to forget about the firmware hack for the time being.  But then I started having this issue with the 50mm lens.   The camera was never dropped etc.

I have since reinstalled firmware 1.0.3 from Canon.   No change.  I am wondering it I should try to reset the bootflag (it's not set not) using Maiohwmai script.

Cheer!