350d boot from cf card

• 503 Replies

Offline tom

• Publish
    Re: 350d boot from cf card
    « Reply #240 on: 07 / September / 2010, 05:11:46 »
    Advertisements
    Hi. I'm trying to find out how timelapse is working as well.
    left/right: increase and decrease seconds
    menu/info: double and half number of pictures
    play: increase number of pictures by one

but how to start? nothing happens, when i press or doublepress "set".
    i'm using "350D-20100821.zip" from crazyclaus.
    anyone got this to work? seems like others have the same problem with pressing "set"

• Publish
    « Reply #241 on: 07 / September / 2010, 08:18:35 »
    well, it should be set. I don't know why it doesn't work for some of you. I will make a user setting to change SET and PLAY buttons.

I have had some trouble and didn't have much time for coding, but I will upload a new version with some of the features I mentioned in my last post later.

• Publish
    « Reply #242 on: 07 / September / 2010, 08:47:35 »
    have any of you with SET button related problems tried to use the options for making your own autofocus point sets? I suppose the SET button doesn't work there as well?

• Publish
    « Reply #243 on: 07 / September / 2010, 09:28:19 »
    new features:

when a timelapse starts, review time is set to HOLD and LCD brightness to minimum automatically
    when a timelapse ends, they are set back to the former values and the camera gives the shortcut signal eg beep

you can set the review time to ANY value you like

you can set the camera auto power off time to ANY value you like

Flash exposure compensation is now available from -6 to +6 in the INFO menu (without hack available: +-2)

there is an option in the user settings that has the camera set the flash exposure compensation to 0 when turning on (if you like)

and there is an option that switches the SET and PLAY buttons in the INFO menu for those of you where SET doesn't work

http://www.mediafire.com/?0hmdh13fi0loqyp
    contains autoexec.bin with english menu, beep confirmation, using PLAY button instead of SET

http://www.mediafire.com/?l0e7vw4vk4o3r91
    contains autoexec.bin with english menu, beep confirmation, using SET button

I recommend you to download gcc346.zip and BUILD YOUR OWN VERSION
    there are now 21 possible menu options and I'm sure most people will find some of them superfluous. and I'm even more sure that you want to have your most used options loacted at the beginning of the menu!

If your camera is not yet "hacked", here'S how to do it:
    1. and most important: DON'T TRY TO HACK YOUR CAMERA IF IT'S NOT FIRMWARE VERSION 1.0.3

2. EXACTLY follow the steps on this page: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/350D

3. but instead of step 6 on the page, copy the autoexec.bin from one of the .zip files above, the files linked to in the CHDK wiki are old and don't have all functions.

read the last pages of this thread to find the detailed instructions for using the hack (especially the shortcuts)

• Publish
    « Reply #244 on: 07 / September / 2010, 17:32:04 »
    Once time lapse settings are set and press set button, how do you activate to start time lapse taking photos?

Offline tom

• Publish
    « Reply #245 on: 08 / September / 2010, 03:29:06 »
    hi crazyclaus,
    you're right. setting autofocus points worked nether with the SET button.
    but with PLAY button in your new version it does. as well as starting timelapse. very good.
    too pitty, that you didn't upload the german version with PLAY as well  ;)

• Publish
    « Reply #246 on: 08 / September / 2010, 05:24:13 »
    Once time lapse settings are set and press set button, how do you activate to start time lapse taking photos?
    the SET button should activate the function (or the play button in the other version). on my camera the first photo is taken right after I press the button (sometimes needs to be pressed twice, though)

• Publish
    « Reply #247 on: 08 / September / 2010, 05:31:20 »
    hi crazyclaus,
    you're right. setting autofocus points worked nether with the SET button.
    but with PLAY button in your new version it does. as well as starting timelapse. very good.
    too pitty, that you didn't upload the german version with PLAY as well  ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/397171756/gcc346.zip

unzip, put the directory with the newest version (from the .zip in my post above) into gcc346\myproject\.

load user_settings.txt into an editor. remove // in front of the line with "DEUTSCH" and put // in front of the line with "ENGLISH"

run build.bat

that's it, you've built a new autoexec.bin with your settings. shouldn't be hard to do unless you are on a dialup connection to the internet (gcc346.zip is about 40MB)

• Publish
    « Reply #248 on: 08 / September / 2010, 14:57:14 »
    fixed the bug that you have to press the MENU INFO PLAY and SET buttons twice in the INFO menu, will upload code later

feels much better to use the menu options this way!

• Publish
    « Reply #249 on: 08 / September / 2010, 16:58:10 »
    new version without the double-keypress bug and with some more improvements in the code that shouldn't affect the user

http://www.mediafire.com/?q1ve3e7qdrq96qf
    the autoexec.bin in the .zip is an english version with set button used in the menu.
    please build your own version using the source code contained in the .zip