350d boot from cf card - page 49 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

350d boot from cf card

• 510 Replies
Re: 350d boot from cf card
« Reply #480 on: 08 / April / 2014, 21:37:03 »
Advertisements
Thanks for the wonderful work! It's 2014 but this camera can still make excellent shoots.

Is there option for RAW + Full-size Low quality Jpeg? I can't find it.

Btw, fine AF adjusting is impossible in software?

« Reply #481 on: 11 / April / 2014, 04:03:19 »
Please some help/info.
I have put ''cracked'' my 350d and now I have options for all the stuff but my
TIME LAPSE won't work!
Pressing the "SET" button doesn't do anything.
Have seen some suggestions on changing SET to other numbers than "0" like 1 2 3...but I have no idea where to do that or how to "build" my own autoexec.bin file.
Can samone please help!

« Reply #482 on: 11 / April / 2014, 06:23:53 »
Hello,
you can read a little more on this subject to learn, everything is explained in this forum if you really need...

You can find easily how to change the SET button's mapping by reading your 350D owner's manual i think.

Otherwise go into a regular menu called "CFn" and you'll find the SET button option.

« Reply #483 on: 11 / April / 2014, 06:28:39 »

Hello, there is no more option for RAW + Low JPEG in the Custom Menu of this Chdk build,
because I commented out POSITION_RAWMODE in user_settings.txt file.

I post the 2014 sources here, so you can go on and modify what you want.

Last build I did (2014) is based on Zestoi's 2012 latest source code.
« Last Edit: 11 / April / 2014, 06:49:52 by gezus »

« Reply #484 on: 28 / April / 2014, 11:00:41 »
Thanks for the wonderful work! It's 2014 but this camera can still make excellent shoots.

Btw, fine AF adjusting is impossible in software?

What I know from the 400D hack (very similar to this one):
  • If I recall correctly, "RAW + low quality JPEG" does not work (camera just locks).
  • AF is handled by a IC external to the ARM processor, and thus pretty much out-of-bounds for this project.

« Reply #485 on: 28 / April / 2014, 12:06:17 »
Subject : Buttons to change number of shots for TimeLapse not working.

Hi,
Everything was working for me on the 350D, but I am unable to change the number of shots, for TimeLapse now  ???.
Re-booting is not correcting the problem. All other CHDK features appear to work(not fully tested).

I have started reading this whole thread, reached 11 pages now. Would be thankful if you can direct me to the exact thread !

Using 4GB card, made bootable.
« Last Edit: 28 / April / 2014, 12:10:36 by nishandh »

« Reply #486 on: 29 / April / 2014, 02:47:21 »
I read the whole thread.

Is this issue known to be discussed else where in the forum  :blink: ?
(Issue : unable to change number of shots using 'Menu' or 'Info' or any other  buttons. It  worked that way earlier.)

« Reply #487 on: 29 / April / 2014, 08:15:32 »
Hello,
i don't know if your using my 2014 version of autoexec.bin so i answer here :
- for me timelapse is working as usual you can change number of shots and interval using the 3 buttons "play/info/menu".
- i haven't changed anything in the buttons config for timelapse in my 2014 version.

Anyone has tried new 2014 version ? any suggestions ?
Sure not much people still using this old camera...

Offline RayeR

• RayeR's homepage
« Reply #488 on: 04 / May / 2014, 23:35:31 »
Anyone has tried new 2014 version ? any suggestions ?
Sure not much people still using this old camera...

Hi,
I was using my 350D since 2007 and I was satisfied with it. Last I used CHDK from Zestoi 16.9.2012. But it's time to move forward and last year I have bought a new DSLR from Pentax model K-30 (I still keep my 350D). I think that for same money it offers more than similar canon or nikon models. Firmware is quite rich of features, e.g. timelapse, pixel mapping, front/back focus compenstation and more is in regular firmware so no more need a hack. But despite that there's pentax FW hacking in progress, it was done FW decrypting and modding to run simple user code on camera.
So my thanks goes to everybody who breaks the limits :)
« Last Edit: 04 / May / 2014, 23:39:52 by RayeR »
Canon EOS 350D, PowerShot A95

« Reply #489 on: 11 / July / 2014, 02:15:29 »
Hello!
I have finally decided to mod my camera. Procedure went well, with one tiny exception.
When i did the bootflag writing procedure, the leds flashed in the correct order:
BLUE, BLUE, BOTH, BLUE. However, as someone was writing in the previous pages, switching the camera off did not work. I went on and formatted my CF card, put gezus' latest compiled AUTOEXEC.BIN, and the mod is working. I just thought i would share this, as it would prove valuable info in future development.
Now for the pressing issue, i am able to do timpelapse, but i cannot use the zoom in / out and the dp buttons. How exactly do i use them ? For example when i am in iso menu(moded one) if i press any of the three designated buttons, the value doesn't change and the buttons do what they are normally supposed to do. Note that i have compiled your latest files using gcc346, just to be sure that i have the shortcuts. Is there a step i am missing? I already changed the set button function in custom fn.
Thank you for all the support !