hour(s) as option in an interval script

• 13 Replies

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
Re: hour(s) as option in an interval script
« Reply #10 on: 11 / August / 2009, 04:04:54 »
Advertisements
anyway, please notice that a fully automatical timelapse like you are thinking about will give you a much less regular looking video.

The author of the video you posted has "only" shot 36 photos and then merged them with transistions.

See: http://eirikso.com/2008/12/27/one-year-worth-of-images-give-some-amazing-videos/

The advantage is that he could select all days with a good weather smoother video

An automatic timlapse will give a "rough" result. Think about a sunny day followed by a rainy day. Even if the two frames will be correctly exposed, in the video you will have a frame with sharp lights and shadows followed by a much greyer frame.

Interesting, but a completely different effect from that video.

Offline Edgel

« Reply #11 on: 19 / September / 2009, 04:04:54 »
hi again! Thanks for all the replies. I have left the camera unattended now for 5 weeks(connected to a power supply), and there have been some minor problems. After about 3 weeks running, the camera suddenly started to take a whole bunch of pictures! It shot pictures nonstop until the memory card was full (around 7500 shots) and then shut down.  I am currently studying in another part of the country so I have not been able to check the status too often. After all i suspect the camera will shut down when a certain temperature is being read from the sensors?  It seems leaving the camera connected to a power supply for a whole year would not been a smart thing to do, so I will have to abandon this project:( BTW the camera still works fine though:) I did not have time to test the daily shot script so i have used the interval no stop script. It did not work as I mentioned above.
Powershot A570IS

Offline Edgel

« Reply #12 on: 19 / September / 2009, 04:08:48 »
I have now tested the daily shot script and there seems to be a bug, after about a minute or so the camera goes black( the power is cut), I do not know why? ???
Powershot A570IS

« Reply #13 on: 19 / September / 2009, 08:32:24 »
there seems to be a bug, after about a minute or so the camera goes black

I did say the screeen goes black after the first photo, is that what you are referring to ?

The camera should not turn off.

David