• Publish
    Re: SD1200 IS Porting Thread
    « Reply #130 on: 04 / July / 2010, 13:15:06 »
    Advertisements
    Great job!!

• Publish
    « Reply #131 on: 04 / July / 2010, 13:37:19 »
    I can verify flash, TV, ND filter, focus, and ISO seem to be working fine with the manual controls in the menu

Flash - camera in P mode both auto/on mode makes it fire the flash in manual mode.  

ISO mode seems to be working I do get a brighter picture but I don't know the range this camera is capable of.  It does seem to adjust the exposure so it must be overriding something.

Focus was a bit difficult to test but in override mode I can get the results, will see how it works with the other zoom-focus option

Image quality option seems to be working, I can't verify the images look any different (just did a quick test) however in super fine I got a 4.3mb file rather than the normal ~2mb file.

One semi bug I see is zoom in the picture playback mode appears to be a bit buggy.
    Hold Playback button (camera goes into picture view mode)
    Left and right allow you to cycle though pictures fine, but when you zoom with the zoom to try to see detail, the amber light stays on.  If you play with the zoom a bit zoom in and out a few times it will eventually zoom in correctly.  It is a minor issue and considering all the functionality you are adding its minor so you can put this on low priority.  
    « Last Edit: 04 / July / 2010, 13:40:46 by awdark »

• Publish
    « Reply #132 on: 05 / July / 2010, 15:13:04 »
    thank alot guys :) bless you all

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
      • fe50
  • Publish
    « Reply #133 on: 05 / July / 2010, 16:09:08 »
    Anyway, I'm uploading sources, and diff log to trunk 903. Have fun.

Commited the ixus95_sd1200 1.00c port to the trunk, changeset #910.

Yossar
     - pls. check the SVN
     - pls. post your latest code / additions from reply #129...

Offline tillo

• Publish
    « Reply #134 on: 05 / July / 2010, 21:53:49 »
    hi guys I just copied the update and I think ISO overrides are not working (I'm not sure though) I tried setting a low ISO and in vew mode with details it says ISO is 400 and I don't see any real difference so I selected 80 ISO but it still showed 400 I used 80 because the camera has 80, everything else so far is far grater than I thought I was getting by now (I thought we where going  to wait till next year or something haha) thanks for the update, this is grate.

• Publish
    « Reply #135 on: 05 / July / 2010, 23:43:05 »
    I am sorry. But i do not understand how to access to alt menu, in a shooting mode?  in play mode i can access to alt menu. but in shooting mode - can not access :-(

• Publish
    « Reply #136 on: 06 / July / 2010, 02:23:39 »
    When you hit the play button once it should show <ALT> at the bottom.  Press the menu button and the ALT menu should show up.  If it does not, I recommend deleting the CHDK folder and settings then reload it with the default ones, you might have disabled the Alt menu somewhere in the options.

This sounds really simplistic, but under Visual Settings > Menu RBF Font... I think I set it to Verdan~4.ref and everything got a lot easier for me to read.  The fonts on this release are a bit small for me but its very easy to fix with a simple font adjustment.

I know, I'm easily amused but I set the camera in video mode, pressed up in Alt mode, switched to normal to start the video, went back to alt mode, then started to change the focus in the video! 
    « Last Edit: 06 / July / 2010, 02:30:11 by awdark »

Offline tillo

• Publish
    « Reply #137 on: 06 / July / 2010, 07:46:02 »
    hey DuKle did you activated CHDK, you can only turn it on if you do the firmware update in play mode when CHDK is enabled you just half-pres the shutter button and you get to shooting mode. (maybe this was more explanation than what you needed but just in case) then alt mode and everything else just works the same as in play mode.

• Publish
    « Reply #138 on: 07 / July / 2010, 07:38:10 »
    Hi guys,

I have been testing CHDK on this camera today, and i've noticed one bug (apart from all the other stuff that is missing)

When i'm configuring the colors of the menu and stuff, the colors to choose from are different in play mode and record mode.
    That means, that if i'm choosing for example the color blue in play mode, when i go into record mode, some other color has taken it's place, and the color has changed. I'm attaching examples taken with my webcam, one picture in play mode and one in record mode. As you can see, the square is at the same place, but the color is different.

Anyways, THANK YOU for all your hard work on this camera, i really think its cool that some of u guys are spending time on this, and i wish i could help you.
    « Last Edit: 07 / July / 2010, 07:47:25 by Vedel »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
      • fe50
  • Publish
    « Reply #139 on: 07 / July / 2010, 09:16:32 »
    Hello & welcome, Vedel !

When i'm configuring the colors of the menu and stuff, the colors to choose from are different in play mode and record mode.
    It's not really a bug, it's a kind of "feature": the original Canon firmware use different color palettes in playback & record mode on most (IMO all) cameras...