SD1200 IS Porting Thread

• 309 Replies
  • Publish
    Re: SD1200 IS Porting Thread
    « Reply #90 on: 19 / May / 2010, 18:10:22 »
    Advertisements
    As far as I know the diskboot.bin just has not worked so far and we primarily use it with the PS.fi2 boot method.

A simple ``strings PRIMARY.BIN | grep -i boot'' give a lot on thigs, but I can read ``BOOTDISK'',
    ``DISKBOOT.BIN'', and ``A/boot.req''... but I have'nt succesfully make chdk load automatically
    at boot... Maybe not got fat version :( fat32 )

If anyway I already know what do Vers.req,,i'm currious
    about what can do ``strings...| grep \\.req'':
      A/uartr.req
      A/boot.req
      A/script.req
    ... and even ver.req ??

Well, nice work, I'm not sure really understanding what I do (and even why;)
    but thanks, it's nice!

• Publish
    « Reply #91 on: 22 / May / 2010, 04:36:29 »
    So what's the current progress? There doesn't seem to have been anything happening since last october? Are people still working on this...?

• Publish
    « Reply #92 on: 22 / May / 2010, 05:23:19 »
    @ jiggling_john--- dude m waiting for chdk from last 1 year for this cam :'(...and check this forum daily ...and ya guys are working on it...hope this will come out soon..

• Publish
    « Reply #93 on: 22 / May / 2010, 13:04:36 »
    @jiggling_john  not as much as we hope. We don't have a dedicated programmer working on it so its stuck.  However we have gotten a few bug fixes, the raw files are consistently working now and we can convert the RAW files in DNG4PS. We know scripts work and we know we can do long shutters for over a minute with the script, scripts are still buggy but somewhat usable. 

I would like to see this merged with the main trunk rather than it being hosted on another SVN server but I don't think it will be very simple to do. I tried merging the files from the SVN with the files from KevB and I got tons of compiler errors.  I don't know what was changed and I don't think anyone really wants to go through the files to see whats different.

• Publish
    « Reply #94 on: 23 / May / 2010, 21:21:29 »
    I checked KevB's profile and it appears he has not been active in the forums since last December. I am reading scattered bugs here and there in this thread.

Can someone make three lists:

1) What functions are fully working
    2) What functions are half working/contain bugs
               - descibe the bug as well
    3) What functions still need to be ported

I'm hoping if we organize everything, someone will eventually come along and finish the port.

Awdark, you are able to fix some of the bugs but unable to merge the code with the main trunk. Is it possible to create a new github repository and put your code there?

Offline tillo

• Publish
    « Reply #95 on: 25 / May / 2010, 14:10:18 »
    OK that is a good idea, we have to have a checklist of what we have, need and are working on.
    first what we have:
    1. In this camera CHDK is able to use scripts, as long as the scripts have nothing to do with zoom flash or aperture, they work great (I was able to take a picture of a lightning that is completely clear and pretty cool light drawings over 60s and that was more than needed so scripts are perfect under above criteria).
    2. CHDK is also able to save raws in the way they should be (as far as I've tried they have no errors and even when they usually corrupt when taking pictures so fast I haven't had any corruption problem)
    3. games run as they should, but still they are useless for taking pictures so let's forget about those.
    4. CHDK can perform some simple tasks (and basic tasks) like debugging and osd stuff works out fine (osd stuff such as the histogram battery meter and other osd useful features) I haven't tried using any grids but as other things in osd I thing they will work (someone try them so we know).
    5. any other thing i missed and/or didn't mentioned because forgot or thought was irrelevant.
    now what we don't have (and some of then obviously are needed)
    1. maybe the most important or at least the one that we have placed so much effort to get is the usb shutter (remote) we have looked over other threads looking for info, etc. but as we have no experienced coders in this we move pretty slowly.
    2. other important feature (if we can call it like that) that we are currently trying to get is the ability of CHDK to autoboot on camera start by locking the card.
    3. this is another useful feature we are missing is the overriding of the focus (for me it would be really useful and I bet that for some of you it would be too)
    4. we are also missing the capability of zooming directly from CHDK and doing so from the camera without alt mode sometimes lags the camera (sometimes but not always at least in my case) I am not sure what happens when using digital zoom but it lags the camera too (if it happens the camera is lagged a lot more than optical zoom).
    5. flash freezes the camera almost completely when using CHDK and I say almost because the camera acts weird and shut itself off after half a minute or so (flashing before shutting down and don't remember but I think the lens keeps extended) no picture is taken after this (but the camera does something so it is not totally frozen is it?)
    6. we can't use zebra parameters.
    7. we can't use edge overlay either.
    8. again I may have missed other things point them out if you think they are important and if you can look for any info on it (but lets try looking one answer at a time so lets start looking for remote or startup boot)
    as for what we have worked on now we have been looking and using trial & error on usb remote, boot on startup and while kevb was still active we tried to figure out zebra mode.

• Publish
    « Reply #96 on: 25 / May / 2010, 20:44:51 »
    Okay below is what we have so far. I just copied and pasted the list of features from the manual and added new features mentioned in this thread. Refer to the number (or refer to a new feature) and let me know of any changes to make as we go along and I will keep updating the list and post the modified one every time. Tillo, what CHDK code did you use? Did you modify any of the original code written by the original poster? Let's keep up the good work. If we keep things organized, we will be able to attack each bug one by one, so let's work together guys!

BUGS:
    1) Flash - Freezes camera

FEATURES:
    1) Shutter-priority (Tv) exposure - via shutter value override feature
    2) Aperture-priority (Av) exposure - via aperture value override feature
    3) Shooting in RAW, with RAW Average, RAW Sum, and RAW Develop features,
        save as .DNG (Digital Negative for wider compatibility) - WORKS
    4) Live histogram (RGB, blended, luminance and for each RGB channel)- WORKS
    5) Zebra mode (a live view of over and under-exposed areas of your picture)
        - Using Zebra parameters - DOES NOT WORK
    6) Depth-of-field (DOF)-calculator, Hyperfocal-calculator with instant Hyperfocal and
        Infinity focus-set, and more
    7) Battery indicator - WORKS
    8 ) RAW and Video space-remaining gauges with custom low-limit alerts
    9) USB cable and wireless remote shutter release
        - USB cable - DOES NOT WORK
    10) Motion-detection trigger - automatically ?res camera on motion detection. (Able to
          capture lightning strikes.)
    11) Customizable high-speed continuous (burst) Shutter-based (Tv), aperture-based (Av) and
          ISO-based exposure bracketing (unlimited shots)
    12) Focus bracketing (unlimited shots)
    13) Adjustable Video quality and size (compression) adjustable while recording
    14) Elimination of 1 GB video-size limit (for many DigicII cameras)
    15) Zoom during video function (for cameras without this feature)
    16) Shutter, Aperture, and ISO Overrides
    17) Ultra-long shutter speeds - up to 64 seconds (much longer for supported cameras)
    18) Ultra-fast shutter speeds - up to 1/10,000" and higher
    19) High-speed Flash Sync at all speeds up to 1/64,000 of a second
    20) Custom user-editable visible Grids for framing, cropping, and alignment
    21) File browser
    22) Text reader
    23) Calendar
    24) Games - WORKS
    25) Fully customizable CHDK display, info placement, user-colors, fonts in menus, etc.
    26) Custom CHDK User Menu (for instant recall of up to 10 favorite functions)
    27) Scripts execution - including exposure bracketing, focus bracketing, intervalometer, etc
        - Script execution - WORKS
        - Script zoom - DOES NOT WORK
        - Script aperture - DOES NOT WORK
    28) Edge Overlay - DOES NOT WORK
    29) Focus Override - DOES NOT WORK
    30) CHDK Autoboot - DOES NOT WORK
    « Last Edit: 25 / May / 2010, 20:51:11 by AirForceOne »

• Publish
    « Reply #97 on: 25 / May / 2010, 21:23:54 »
    I didn't make any useful changes besides the one change to make the raws work as noted here
    http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4324.msg49482.html#msg49482 I was basically just messing with the code trying to correct things but in the end those things didn't make a difference.

I think tillo is using the version of CHDK I posted here http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4324.msg47618.html#msg47618 which was the compiled version of KevB's code with khazar011's raw fix. 

Offline tillo

• Publish
    « Reply #98 on: 25 / May / 2010, 22:22:10 »
    yes I am awdark and in the list by AirForceOne it says aperture priority, is that a different version? I thought we couldn't achieve aperture overrides as this camera had a fixed aperture, I haven't been able to use CHDK native shutter i think it would be good that he made an edit on the post with doesn't work (I liked the red thing idea), so everything stills organized on his own post and after we get the whole list repost it.
    I almost forget about modifying we are still having some problems on compiling what we have found on other threads (at least we have seen no changes after changing the code) so I am still using the backup I had of the version awdark posted before.
    « Last Edit: 25 / May / 2010, 22:25:25 by tillo »

• Publish
    « Reply #99 on: 25 / May / 2010, 23:44:53 »
    Tillo, are you saying that overriding the shutter and aperture is not possible for this model?

I organized the list a little bit better:

BUGS:
    1) Flash - Freezes camera

Overrides:
    1) Shooting in RAW, with RAW Average, RAW Sum, and RAW Develop features - WORKS
    2) Shutter-priority (Tv) exposure - via shutter value override feature
    3) Aperture-priority (Av) exposure - via aperture value override feature
    4) Shutter, Aperture, and ISO Overrides
        - Aperture override - NOT POSSIBLE FOR THIS MODEL
        - Shutter override - DOES NOT WORK
    5) Ultra-long shutter speeds - up to 64 seconds, and much longer on some cameras.
    6) Ultra-fast shutter speeds - up to 1/10,000" and higher
    7) Customizable high-speed continuous (burst) Shutter-based (Tv), aperture-based (Av) and ISO-based exposure bracketing (unlimited shots)
    8 ) Focus bracketing (unlimited shots)
    9) High-speed Flash Sync at all speeds up to 1/64,000 second (even faster in some cameras)
    10) Focus Override - DOES NOT WORK

Scripting:
    1) Scripts execution - including exposure bracketing, focus bracketing, intervalometer and more)
        - Script execution - WORKS
        - Script zoom - DOES NOT WORK
        - Script aperture - DOES NOT WORK
    2) Motion-detection trigger - automatically fires camera on motion detection. (Fast enough to capture lightning strikes.)
    3) USB cable remote shutter release - DOES NOT WORK

Interface improvements:
    1) Custom user-editable visible Grids for framing, cropping, and alignment
    2) Fully customizable CHDK display, info placement, user-colors, fonts in menus, etc.
    3) Zebra mode (a live view of over and under-exposed areas of your picture)
        - Using zebra parameters - DOES NOT WORK
    4) Battery indicator - WORKS
    5) Live histogram (RGB, blended, luminance and for each RGB channel) - WORKS
    6) RAW and Video space-remaining gauges with custom low-limit alerts
    7) Custom CHDK user menu (for instant recall of up to 10 favorite functions)

Extra Video Features:
    1) 99 constant bit-rate and 10 constant-quality video compression levels
    2) Elimination of 1 Gig video-size limit
    3) Zoom during video function (for cameras without this feature)

Apps and extras:
    1) Depth-of-field (DOF)-calculator, Hyperfocal-calculator with instant Hyperfocal and Infinity focus-set, and more
    2) File browser
    3) Text reader
    4) Calendar
    5) Some fun tools and games - WORKS
    6) Edge Overlay - DOES NOT WORK
    7) CHDK Autoboot - DOES NOT WORK
    « Last Edit: 25 / May / 2010, 23:51:10 by AirForceOne »