SD1200 IS Porting Thread - page 2 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

SD1200 IS Porting Thread

• 312 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SD1200 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #10 on: 11 / October / 2009, 00:28:30 »
Advertisements
Have you verified that the raws have correct image data ? On some cameras, there are multiple buffers. If you only have one right, this could cause the badpixel problem.
I've developed multiple images and they correspond with the associated JPEG.

Are you sure they exit themselves, or is the canon firmware just erasing them ? The latter is normal.
Okay just verified and indeed the menus are still active, just that they are overwritten. Using the down arrow selects the next item and does a redraw.

The main menu issue is similar, pressing menu does indeed toggle the menu, however it stays visible until canon overwrites it.

This seems to be an issue on newer cameras http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4333.0.html
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #11 on: 13 / October / 2009, 15:15:24 »
Thanks for your efforts everyone.

I'm an embedded software engineer interested in getting this working. I'll download the code and start fooling around. If anyone has any specific task they need to delegate off, I'd be glad to get it done.

Offline RaduP

« Reply #12 on: 13 / October / 2009, 16:09:00 »
Welcome here, johnboiles.

Well, depending your time and reverse engineering experience, it would be helpful to find out if there is a 3rd screen buffer where you need to write to so that the screen is updated properly by CHDK.

From my observations, if the camera GUI updates an icon (such as the handshake warning), the space taken by that icon is refreshed, so the left over menus disappear from that area.

Offline PX3

« Reply #13 on: 16 / October / 2009, 04:18:03 »
sorry offtopic: i have no ideas how you guys are porting this camera, but pleeeaaase keep up the great work. I am longing for a port ever since i bought this cam after breaking my ixus70 with chdk.

« Reply #14 on: 17 / October / 2009, 14:22:51 »
I meant to post earlier but never got around to it. The screen refresh thing might have just been a mistake in my stubs. I though I had the issue even when the RefreshScreen stub was set to ScreenUnlock's location, but could no longer reproduce. So it's possible I just had the wrong setting in there and didn't realize it, or perhaps there is some other setting which causes ScreenUnlock to not be what we want (Like perhaps if there is another lock on the screen or something?)

So the current status is that the menu seems to be working, but it might be possible that if something happens it will stop refreshing.

I played with DISKBOOT.bin a bit we seem to be triggering a reboot somewhere in taskcreate_Startup_my. I haven't looked into it further yet.

Offline RaduP

« Reply #15 on: 17 / October / 2009, 15:57:10 »
So you mean that now there are no more left overs on the screen from the previous menus?

« Reply #16 on: 17 / October / 2009, 17:55:34 »
I haven't seen any left overs since playing with the stubs and eventually changing RefreshScreen to match ScreenUnlock (As I though I had done originally when I was experiencing problems.) So it's possible I'm just mistaken about before and my settings were wrong when I saw the problem, or perhaps there is a certain use-case that causes the screen left overs that I encountered before.
« Last Edit: 17 / October / 2009, 17:57:14 by KevB »

Offline RaduP

« Reply #17 on: 17 / October / 2009, 19:59:33 »
Well, I might have some stubs wrong, but not the screen ones, and they do not cause any problems so far..

Offline RaduP

« Reply #18 on: 19 / October / 2009, 22:40:18 »
Were you able to find stat() with the signature finder? If so, did it work?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #19 on: 19 / October / 2009, 23:01:10 »
FWIW, sd1200 is dryos r31, not r39.
Don't forget what the H stands for.