SD1200 IS Porting Thread - page 3 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

SD1200 IS Porting Thread

• 312 Replies

Offline RaduP

Re: SD1200 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #20 on: 19 / October / 2009, 23:21:44 »
Advertisements
Oops, misread the list, nevermind my question.

« Reply #21 on: 25 / November / 2009, 06:40:38 »
I don't know if any of you guys have been working on this at all, but if the SD 1200 was ported I would really really appreciate it. I would love to be able to do time elapse and RAW images so I can make better HDR panoramas and time-elapses of nature. If you all get it ported let me know and I'll be sure to share my work. I'd even try to pay 10 bucks or so through pay pal to whoever could get it ported before dec 10th if it enabled my camera to do raw pictures and time-elapses. I know that that sounds like a scam, so you'd have to take my word on it (from my end, 10 bucks to take raw pictures / make hdrs and time elapses is worth it).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #22 on: 25 / November / 2009, 07:40:52 »
I don't know if any of you guys have been working on this at all, but if the SD 1200 was ported I would really really appreciate it
See http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Q._My_camera_isn.27t_ported_yet._Is_a_port_planned_.3F_When_will_it_be_ready_.3F_How_can_I_help_.3F
I'd even try to pay 10 bucks or so through pay pal to whoever could get it ported before dec 10th if it enabled my camera to do raw pictures and time-elapses. I know that that sounds like a scam, so you'd have to take my word on it (from my end, 10 bucks to take raw pictures / make hdrs and time elapses is worth it).
:lol
$10. Wow. A port is a lot of work. You are somewhere between 100 to 1000 times short of the value of the programming time involved, never mind needing the camera, but see http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html #4
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #23 on: 11 / December / 2009, 22:46:03 »
Good Hello!

I've not seen any development chat lately on this camera. Has anyone been poking at it lately? Have any significant roadblocks been hit? Any progress being made? I'm not exactly holding my breath for even an early alpha, but would like to know if anyone still has any porting interest in this camera.

Thank you!

Offline tillo

« Reply #24 on: 14 / January / 2010, 18:27:55 »
hi guys let me ask you something does this:
I haven't seen any left overs since playing with the stubs and eventually changing RefreshScreen to match ScreenUnlock (As I though I had done originally when I was experiencing problems.) So it's possible I'm just mistaken about before and my settings were wrong when I saw the problem, or perhaps there is a certain use-case that causes the screen left overs that I encountered before.
means that menus opened before are already closed and not appearing into screen and, if so,  what am i wating to place this on my camera? o yeah my sd got broken. ill try to use some codes from other ports (that i think shouldnt work) and try to port them to 1200is (if i am lucky) just to see what can i get.

Offline tillo

« Reply #25 on: 18 / January / 2010, 16:21:54 »
i got the memory im gonna try it as soon as i can and post what can i get if it works as you posted the code itll be cool, W/E it works or not I will try to improove those codes the best i can

« Reply #26 on: 23 / January / 2010, 04:12:51 »
I am still waiting for my camera to be delivered, but despite the wiki which states chdk hasn't been ported yet... from what I understand there is a basic version of CHDK already working for the camera right?

So if I wanted to play with this, I can just copy the file into the card, start camera in playback mode then run firmware update?  

Some threads point to a diskboot.bin file which seems to be used for auto-booting but I guess it isn't necessary to just run it?  I primarily want raw (which I see is working) and USB remote (assume in development)

Edit:  I finally realized all the files in /CHDK were "extra" and the PS.fi2 and diskboot.bin was always the important files.  So its more of, hope I can test it soon and I sure hope it doesn't try to replace the firmware with a 300kb fi2 file! 

Is the diskboot.bin universal?
« Last Edit: 23 / January / 2010, 05:05:07 by awdark »

Offline tillo

« Reply #27 on: 25 / January / 2010, 16:40:01 »
what? someone got it running by now. that is great to hear, i would love to try it out and now that you say so we may need to try others ps.fi2 files on this camera and see if they workout (I doubt thats possible) and I im looking for the same USB remote function you are but i think that when CHDK is already running it is far easier to work on other stuff. so development and porting is just going to boost on this camera.

« Reply #28 on: 25 / January / 2010, 18:00:15 »
I don't know yet, I was just reading the stuff and it sounds like there is some basic functionality if we were to use the firmware update method to run it.
My camera should come tomorrow so I am enthusiastically anticipating it!  I was looking over the source code and although nicely documented, its too much for me to try to figure out.  :( It looks like there was an attempt to implement most of the features and with the chdk SD790 coming along nicely, we can hope the functionality and code can be adopted to this camera as well.  

Edit:
So I can get the CHDK to start, I got it to take pictures, save raws, and run the badpixel.lua script resulting file was something like bad_temp.bin so I suspect the script didn't complete so I shall run it again when the battery charges.  The raw file is recognizable so I am happy (yes, pretty much all I wanted was raw).

Tested:
badpixel.lua does not finish running - generates a 16kb bad_temp.bin file in chdk directory > Does not seem to really compare anything.  BadPixel.exe reads it as about 4000 dead pixels.
BadPixel.exe does not recognize the camera - tried different settings based on the source code 3720x2772 12bit black=31 finds almost 10,000 dead pixels which seems far too high, blacks at 127 finds about 8,000 perhaps closer.

I wanted to add, if someone really wanted to do sometime like time lapse for example through LUA it shold work fine.  The script for badpixel.lua does run far enough to capture and save the shots but doesn't do any of the processing.  Thus if you edit it with your own time delay you can do custom time lapse shots with LUA.  Wish USB remote worked, I saw a neat schematic for flash sync. 

Using the badpixel.bin file, I tried to produce DNG files.  The files produce SOMETHING but its far from useful.  
I opened it in Raw Therapee and it appears to have a grainy colorful version of a previous picture, now that I think about it I may have enabled the buffer option which even ruined the standard raw file.

Speaking of which DNG for PS does not recognize the camera which is logical as well. But raws CAN work, just very hard to work with because I prefer the workflow of photoshop.  

It looks like none of the video functions, zoom, quality, etc work.

USB shutter feature does not work, I am somewhat surprised because it looked like it was just a part of the keyboard.  I tried USB remote, USB sync, functions and they did not work.  Initially I thought it did because the camera would shift into preview but sadly no.  

Buffered

DNG (used 300kb badpixel.bin with 10,000 pixels)

DNG with 16kb badpixels has less data, thus the LUA script most likely did nothing useful.

Default RAW

In order to use DNG4PS-2
Go to settings > Camera Options
Select any camera and click copy
Name: Canon DIGITAL IXUS 95 IS / Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS
Short Name: Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS
Sensor Size: 3720 x 2772
Jpeg Size: 3648 x 2736
Active Zone x1,y1: 12, 12
Active Zone x2,y2: 3648, 2736
Black-White Levels: 127-4095
Mosaic Type: Red, Green Green, Blue
Bits per Unit: 12 bit

That will produce output... and the DNG is viewable but wont open in photoshop  >:(
I use FastPictureViewer so thumbnails appear and it appears in Vista preview however I cant open in photoshop, additionally it can open in Raw Therapee after I corrected the mosiac type.  Positive progress but I don't know why Adobe Camera RAW doesn't read it. :(

Currently I think the CRW files produced by the camera are correct, however the settings for converting it to a DNG must be wrong.   Internally, it appears to be using the wrong values I saw something like that when I took a class on image and video compression.  The fact that it treats it as a 128x96 image at 14.7mb means its very close.  
The same goes for DNG4PS it can generate usable images recognizable by other programs but there is something slightly off about it making it incompatible with photoshop.
Also note that its extremely easy to corrupt the CRW by taking pictures too quickly.
« Last Edit: 02 / February / 2010, 13:31:46 by awdark »

« Reply #29 on: 01 / February / 2010, 15:13:56 »
I just wanted to give my honest appreciation for the porters and developers working on this port! Keep up the good work!  :-*