CHDK PTP interface - page 12 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK PTP interface

• 1227 Replies
Re: CHDK PTP interface
« Reply #110 on: 08 / December / 2009, 18:17:10 »
Advertisements
I really don't know how you guys do it. But thanks so much for doing it! It never ceases to amaze me what you come up with  :o

I've dreamt of buying camera with Remote Capture ability but now I don't need to, my a710is can do it all! Just loaded up tonight and got it working  :xmas

Thanks again (and again),

Nick

a710is

Offline ynaig

• Canon Powershot A550
« Reply #111 on: 08 / December / 2009, 18:23:14 »
Is there a chdk build for A550 that I can test the PTP functionality?

Ynaig

« Reply #112 on: 08 / December / 2009, 20:42:29 »
If I may ask a couple of questions?

1. Is it possible to flick through taken images in 'playback' mode without physicaly touching the camera?

2. Is it possible to zoom into an image during 'playback' mode without touching the camera? For example, is there anyway of manipulating the 'zoom slider' so that a taken image can be looked at in more detail?

The reason I ask is that I use my camera afocally on telescope and the less in can be touched the better (i.e. to maintain alignment etc).

Thanks very much,

Nick
a710is

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #113 on: 09 / December / 2009, 05:26:25 »
1. Is it possible to flick through taken images in 'playback' mode without physicaly touching the camera?
2. Is it possible to zoom into an image during 'playback' mode without touching the camera? For example, is there anyway of manipulating the 'zoom slider' so that a taken image can be looked at in more detail?

You can use keys on numeric keypad for this (with numlock on):
4,8,6,2,5 as arrow keys and "set"
0 as "video" (for sx10)
"+" and "-" as zoom keys
9 and 3 as "shoot_half" and "shoot_full"
"." as "menu"
"*" as "*/erase"
"/" as "disp"

and you have 12 programmable keys (F1-F12) to run user scripts.
« Last Edit: 09 / December / 2009, 05:31:46 by ewavr »

« Reply #114 on: 09 / December / 2009, 05:51:46 »
Wow! Thanks ewavr.

If not too much trouble, can you tell me how to load user scripts into system. I was pressing F keys last night but couldn't work how to connect to my different scripts.

Thanks again,

Nick
a710is

« Reply #115 on: 09 / December / 2009, 15:52:05 »
Does anybody knows the entry pont of the SX200 PTP functions ?

« Reply #116 on: 11 / December / 2009, 19:38:23 »
Dear All,

I've managed to enter basic scripts into the editor of chdkcam as well as assign them to a programmable key. However, whilst some commands appear to work, others don't. For example:

press "shoot_half"
press "shoot_full"
release "shoot_full"
release "shoot_half"

Enables a single shot to be taken. However when I add a 'sleep' command, the editor doesn't appear to accept it or make use of it. Other uBasic commands (such as n=1 to 10) appear to be misunderstood.

Is this expected or do I need to write code slightly differently to my normal scripts?

Thanks for any help,

Nick
a710is

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #117 on: 12 / December / 2009, 03:41:08 »
Other uBasic commands (such as n=1 to 10) appear to be misunderstood.
Ewavr's builds (used to) only interpret Lua thru PTP, not uBasic. Therefore, you have to use pure Lua. Not sure about 'press "shoot_half"' though -- isn't Lua supposed to understand that? Otherwise try press("shoot_half") instead. Hope that helps.

« Reply #118 on: 12 / December / 2009, 07:19:21 »
Thanks so much Whoever, have now sorted out scripts with Lua code. Fantastic!

Nick
a710is

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #119 on: 12 / December / 2009, 12:05:45 »
have now sorted out scripts with Lua code. Fantastic!
Nick
Great to hear that your astrophotography setup gets perfect shape, Nick!
Would you consider submitting a short write-up on your setup and results to "Creative uses" or elsewhere? It'd inspire the folks. And it'd bring more attention to this CHDK PTP hack, which is unjustly overlooked by most, while being -- as I believe -- a major breakthrough.
/Alex