CHDK PTP interface - page 50 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK PTP interface

• 1241 Replies

Offline E^3

• Hi-Techno Barrio
Re: CHDK PTP interface
« Reply #490 on: 06 / May / 2011, 05:44:03 »
Advertisements
Hello To All,

Actually , I am an avid fan of this forum.

But now ,I want to join some discussion and hopefully am able to contribute into the development.

My waiting interest, is for a Canon G11 to have these following features:

USB/PTP
1) Remote Capture
-capture image and download
-capture-video
2) Remote Zoom

Can anyone point out there some tips:
1)Thread where there is the development of G11 USB/PTP aside form "G11 porting"?
2) Entry point in G11 (Start dumping -> loading USB/PTP scripts into CHDK

Hope I am saying it right

Thank you very much

E^3
Philippines

« Reply #491 on: 06 / May / 2011, 09:15:42 »
1)Thread where there is the development of G11 USB/PTP aside form "G11 porting"?
I don't think there is one. All I can find is that ERR99 gave it a shot, but had problems with his setup.

2) Entry point in G11 (Start dumping -> loading USB/PTP scripts into CHDK
It seems that the required functions are already found* for the G11. Defining CAM_CHDK_PTP in platform/g11/platform_camera.h could be all that is needed to get CHDK PTP to work on the G11. At least for the basic functionality. Try that and see how it goes.

* Some function's addresses (set_control_event, PB2Rec in platform/g11/sub/100?/stubs_entry.S are slightly uncertain. Perhaps you want to make sure these are alright.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #492 on: 06 / May / 2011, 09:44:47 »
@mweerden

It seems that the required functions are already found* for the G11. Defining CAM_CHDK_PTP in platform/g11/platform_camera.h could be all that is needed to get CHDK PTP to work on the G11. At least for the basic functionality. Try that and see how it goes.

Note that CAM_CHDK_PTP is already defined by default for all cams (in  /include/camera.h) since r1116

wim

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #493 on: 06 / May / 2011, 09:53:25 »
USB/PTP
1) Remote Capture
-capture-video
2) Remote Zoom

The G11 should work with the ptp interface.

You can try this or this ptp interface project. Do not forget to install the alternative USB driver.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #494 on: 06 / May / 2011, 10:25:15 »
Note that CAM_CHDK_PTP is already defined by default for all cams (in  /include/camera.h) since r1116
Ah, right. Thanks. I guess I still have to get used to the new situation. ;)

« Reply #495 on: 06 / May / 2011, 21:11:11 »
At GitHub you can now find my patch for remote live preview as well as a CHDK PTP .NET library (+test app)....

....I've made a separate branch for the remote live preview stuff. The master branch should be compatible with the current CHDK trunk (i.e. CHDK PTP v2.0).

Hi, I'd like to try the remote live preview under linux (ubuntu) using my G9. gphoto2/libgphoto2 are developing nicely and now include some chdk functions, I believe. It appears your code is made for Windoze. How do I get it going under linux? I downloaded the latest G9 chdk build but I guess from your post that I need to compile a special G9 build to enable remote live preview. Thank you and well done!

« Reply #496 on: 06 / May / 2011, 23:06:05 »
gphoto2/libgphoto2 are developing nicely and now include some chdk functions, I believe.
Hmm.. interesting. They seem to have added something, but it is based on ewavr's patch. So I'm not sure it works with the current trunk.

It appears your code is made for Windoze. How do I get it going under linux? I downloaded the latest G9 chdk build but I guess from your post that I need to compile a special G9 build to enable remote live preview. Thank you and well done!
Yeah, you'll need to apply the chdk.patch to the CHDK trunk and build your own binaries. You might need to (re)implement some of the new functions to return the correct sizes for your camera. If you want to get the overlay bitmap you'll certainly have to implement the vid_get_bitmap_active_palette() function.

The code is not made for Windows. It does, however, use a few minor things that seem to require .NET 4.0 (enum's HasFlag is one I can recall at the moment). With a few adjustments it should be ok for .NET 3.5 and usable with Mono on Linux. At a very early stage I did this and was able to run the executable on Linux. I haven't looked at it after that, though. I also don't really know how one goes about compiling the code with Mono, but I don't see why that shouldn't be possible (all relevant stuff seems to be in .cs files). If you try it out, let me know how it goes.

Offline E^3

• Hi-Techno Barrio
« Reply #497 on: 09 / May / 2011, 01:08:01 »

Hi Sir msi,

Good Day..

USB/PTP
1) Remote Capture
-capture-video
2) Remote Zoom

You can try this or this ptp interface project. Do not forget to install the alternative USB driver.

msl
USB/PTP
1) Remote Capture
-capture-video
2) Remote Zoom

msl

Actually I learned a lot from your tips(CHDK inside,yet I could find hard times decoding German languages.

Here is what I've done and is not.

my Camera side:
->Camera G11
->Firmware:G11 version100L
->Download CHDK
Where to  download script for USB/PTP compatible with 100L?

My PC side:
Windows:
->Download & Install libusb
->easy to follow
Linux:
1) apt-get install:
subversion
 gcc
 libusb-1.0
 libusb-dev (may be called something like libusb-1.0-dev)
 liblua-5.1
 liblua-5.1-dev

2)copy config-sample-linux.mk to config.mk

3)build it with
$ make

4) LUA path settings

Remarks:
So, I think its more on the Camera side that I will have a hard time.
If ever I've done it successfully then I will blog the steps 123 for all the users/newbie out there.
But now, am just in my learning curve
http://cobecoballes-embedded.blogspot.com/2011/04/canon-g11-remote-capture-chdk.html

Thanks to every body

E^3

« Reply #498 on: 03 / June / 2011, 13:03:58 »
Hoping someone can point in the right direction...

Camera: A560
Firmware: 1.0a

I have installed both the latest CHDK (0.9.9-1196) and the latest CHDK-DE (1.1.0-677). I have installed libusb-win32-1.2.4, ptpCamGui 2.0.99 with its bundled ptpcam, and ptpchdk-r57-win32. The latest version of all of these tools. And, as expected, camera behavior is identical.

However, there are problems. I can Shutdown and Reboot without problem. However, I am unable to use any button on the camera or in the interface. Although I am not sure this should work since the A560 is a VxWorks rather than a DryOS based camera, once I execute the command:

luar post_levent_to_ui(4484)

Then the buttons are usable. But, other commands (such as switching modes, zooming, or timelapse) loop forever performing the command:

luar get_mode()

Offline reyalp

« Reply #499 on: 03 / June / 2011, 21:02:52 »
On some vxworks cameras, switching to record using set_record(1) unlocks the keys. After that you can switch back to play and they are still unlocked. This works for me on a540, so there's a fair chance it will also work on a560.
Don't forget what the H stands for.