CHDK PTP interface - page 22 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

CHDK PTP interface

• 1241 Replies
Re: CHDK PTP interface
« Reply #210 on: 10 / July / 2010, 03:21:10 »
Advertisements
Thanks Fudgey, that did get the computer to correspond with the camera. But now the chdkcam app jams at start up. The egg timer appears until I switch off the camera or change to shoot mode.

When I go to close the program, I am warned that the program is not responding.

Thanks again, my deadline for capture approaches and I really hope to be able to do it remotely.

« Reply #211 on: 10 / July / 2010, 07:50:21 »
Hi,

I have downloaded the CHDK-sx200is-100d=100c-1.0.1_msl.zip prebuild and replaced the DISKBOOT.BIN
of my chdk installation.

When I plug the usb cable into my camera and start in play mode, no buttom on the camera reacts anymore (only on/off buttons). Therefore I plug in the usb cable after CHDK is manually loaded. (maybe that's the problem?)
When I start up the patched ptpcam on linux ("ptpcam --chdk") and enter the mode command:

<conn> mode 0
unexpected return code 0x2005
mode switch failed!

<conn> lua post_levent_to_ui("PressRecButton")
unexpected return code 0x2ff
execution failed!

^ this command turns my camera off.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
« Last Edit: 16 / July / 2010, 21:51:44 by mwarning »
SX200

« Reply #212 on: 10 / July / 2010, 08:30:42 »
lucky you, i cant even interact with the software.

« Reply #213 on: 10 / July / 2010, 20:33:41 »
I ran chdkcam in win 98 compatability mode (on XP) and it worked but there is a window asking to select a program to use for my camera. The problem is that the program doesnt appear on the list so I cannot force it to use chdkcam. When I dismiss the window then the program looses control of the camera and it disconnects.

« Reply #214 on: 13 / July / 2010, 08:49:50 »
I wonder if it would work when I compile a fresh chdk (with ptp support) for my sx200.
But the chdk build environment won't compile (on debian, doesn't looks like a missing dependency).
SX200

Offline JMD

« Reply #215 on: 13 / July / 2010, 19:12:14 »
I ran chdkcam in win 98 compatability mode (on XP) and it worked but there is a window asking to select a program to use for my camera. The problem is that the program doesnt appear on the list so I cannot force it to use chdkcam. When I dismiss the window then the program looses control of the camera and it disconnects.

When that window pops up go to "My Computer", find the "Canon Camera" entry in the list of drives, right click on it, click on "Properties", click the tab "Events", select "Take no action".  It has been my experience that Windows tries to access the camera as some type of removable drive.  I believe it sends some sort of commands to the camera that confuses the PTP interface.  If you tell windows XP to take no action when it sees the camera, then you can simply open CHDKCAM and it will find the camera.

Offline JMD

« Reply #216 on: 13 / July / 2010, 19:15:36 »
Can I get someone's help in locating the NHSTUBs for an SX1, 2.00h.  I have CHDK Shell and, as long as the code is very close to the SX1 2.01A, I think I can make the other code changes.  I just don't have any experience with the STUBS.

Thanks

« Reply #217 on: 15 / July / 2010, 07:20:50 »
Hi,
I have two Canon cameras (A570IS and a SX10IS) and use Chdk with them since the day I bought them. Chdk really supercharged them. Anyway, I want to use the PTP interface of chdk with my SX10, but my firmware is 103a. Is there anything I can do to downgrade to 102b, which ewavr's chdk-ptp is built upon?
Also, is there a list of pt-codes that describe which code does what? I use exclusively Linux, and downloaded and installed libptp2, and can query my SX10is, but it says all the properties are UNKNOWN.
Thank you and sorry for my mistakes. I am not a native speaker.
Anil

« Reply #218 on: 16 / July / 2010, 21:55:06 »
How can I see/make sure that the loaded chdk has the PTP support?
Does it show some special identifier in the Build Info menu?
If not, could it be added please?
SX200

« Reply #219 on: 17 / July / 2010, 08:12:44 »
Hi again,

I finally managed to get PTP working on Linux with my sx200.  :D

The diskboot.bin from here worked, as well as the one I've build myself from the ptp branch of msl.
I used the ps.fi2 from the regular chdk download for my camera, because I haven't managed to create my own.

The main issue was that I haven't started ptpcam as root.
Also, the usb cable need to be cannected after chdk has been manually started via the firmware update.
All buttons are blocked when I start the camera with the usb cable attached.
They can be enabled afterwards over ptp (e.g. by switching to "mode 1").

The chdkcam (for windows) starts up with wine
but doesn't connect to the camera. Same on windows.
Instead there is heavy CPU usage.

Unfortunately, file upload/download doesn't work:

Code: [Select]
<conn> download /dcim/100canon/test.jpg .
unexpected return code 0x2ff
download failed!

Any idea how I can debug file download?
How can I insert debug output in the chdk source?
« Last Edit: 17 / July / 2010, 08:17:09 by mwarning »
SX200