CHDK PTP interface - page 23 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK PTP interface

• 1241 Replies
Re: CHDK PTP interface
« Reply #220 on: 17 / July / 2010, 10:11:24 »
Advertisements
I ran chdkcam in win 98 compatability mode (on XP) and it worked but there is a window asking to select a program to use for my camera. The problem is that the program doesnt appear on the list so I cannot force it to use chdkcam. When I dismiss the window then the program looses control of the camera and it disconnects.
Although I've got no experience with this on Window, but I suspect Windows is interfering. There is some info on what to disable earlier in this thread.

Anyway, I want to use the PTP interface of chdk with my SX10, but my firmware is 103a. Is there anything I can do to downgrade to 102b, which ewavr's chdk-ptp is built upon?
Downgrading seems like overkill to me. How about asking ewavr to include the 1.03a version? Should be almost the same as 1.02b.

Also, is there a list of pt-codes that describe which code does what? I use exclusively Linux, and downloaded and installed libptp2, and can query my SX10is, but it says all the properties are UNKNOWN.
Do you mean the general PTP codes or the ones added for CHDK? The latter are described in the ptp.h header in the source and the former (partially) in the PTP specification.

How can I see/make sure that the loaded chdk has the PTP support?
Does it show some special identifier in the Build Info menu?
If not, could it be added please?
There's no way except connecting to with the modified ptpcam (with --chdk) or with CHDKCAM. Not sure what the "policy" is, but I don't see it happening (i.e. as permanent feature).

Unfortunately, file upload/download doesn't work:

Code: [Select]
<conn> download /dcim/100canon/test.jpg .
Try A/DCIM/100CANON/test.jpg. If I recall correctly the first A should always be capitalised. Also, specify a filename as destination; I don't remember putting in anything that derives the target filename from the source filename.

Any idea how I can debug file download?
Either write to a log file or print messages to the screen.

« Reply #221 on: 17 / July / 2010, 10:55:35 »
Try A/DCIM/100CANON/test.jpg. If I recall correctly the first A should always be capitalised. Also, specify a filename as destination; I don't remember putting in anything that derives the target filename from the source filename.

"download A/dcim/100canon/img_0012.jpg img_0012.jpg" works! Thanks!
Btw.: What is the meaning of A? Is it the first partionion?

But I can't download files exceeding a specific size, 115KB works, 248KB doesn't.
SX200

« Reply #222 on: 17 / July / 2010, 11:08:38 »
Btw.: What is the meaning of A? Is it the first partionion?
I'm not sure it really has a meaning (as the firmware probably always assumes just one partition).

But I can't download files exceeding a specific size, 115KB works, 248KB doesn't.
That's a bug discussed earlier here. I've fixed it in my code, but it probably hasn't propagated to other places.

« Reply #223 on: 17 / July / 2010, 11:35:42 »
That's a bug discussed earlier here.
I've found it here.  :)

I've fixed it in my code, but it probably hasn't propagated to other places.
Can you share it (maybe pm)? Or can it be found somewhere already?
I try to code one myself right now. But I assume you have a better/nicer solution compared to what what I might
produce ad hoc.

Thanks a lot for your work, ptp is a very valuable feature!  8)
SX200

« Reply #224 on: 17 / July / 2010, 12:21:09 »
Can you share it (maybe pm)? Or can it be found somewhere already?
I try to code one myself right now. But I assume you have a better/nicer solution compared to what what I might
produce ad hoc.
Here. Note that this is a version that is probably not fully compatible with the source you are using. However, the download part should be ok. You can always pm me if need some help with the details.

« Reply #225 on: 17 / July / 2010, 13:03:33 »
B.t.w., I've taken some time to make a wiki page for the PTP stuff.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #226 on: 17 / July / 2010, 14:18:35 »
How can I see/make sure that the loaded chdk has the PTP support?
Does it show some special identifier in the Build Info menu?
If not, could it be added please?
There's no way except connecting to with the modified ptpcam (with --chdk) or with CHDKCAM. Not sure what the "policy" is, but I don't see it happening (i.e. as permanent feature).

Would init_chdk_ptp be visible in CHDK debug menu task list if PTP support is there?

« Reply #227 on: 17 / July / 2010, 14:33:07 »
Would init_chdk_ptp be visible in CHDK debug menu task list if PTP support is there?
Not likely; it's only to wait for a while until certain things are initialised. As soon as you can connect to the camera it's gone.

« Reply #228 on: 18 / July / 2010, 11:06:46 »
With some help, I finally got the ps.fi2 build and working. :)

The main problem were conflicting firmware files.
I had the old firmware renamed to "_ps.fi2",
that will still result in a conflict because the camera finds both files.
I thought the encryption keys were wrong.

If there is more than one file (regardless if they are valid firmware file or even empty) in the memory card root directory that has the string "fi2" after the last dot in it's name, then the manual firmware update option won't show up.

Anyway, mweerdens repository also has the file download size limitation fixed!

EDIT: the file matching problem is probably related to the (old DOS) 8.3 format.
« Last Edit: 18 / July / 2010, 12:04:30 by mwarning »
SX200

« Reply #229 on: 18 / July / 2010, 11:57:00 »
B.t.w., I've taken some time to make a wiki page for the PTP stuff.

Many thanks for this.
Your PTP feature was a major innovation for CHDK.
Unfortunately, none of the CHDK developers (whoever they are) took-up your suggestion to discuss a 'basic' PTP feature.

As usual, we are all busy and I have not had time to follow PTP development.
Do we know what aspects of PTP cause problems and which features are reported as working on all cameras tested ?

I see that you propose leaving-out mode switching, I assume there is no problem working in record mode, even for file uploading  ?

I guess liveview really needs USB 2.0.

We have discussed Lua support previously and in my opinion it attracts a 'certain type' of individual to CHDK.

The general public would not even be happy with uBasic, but at least some would.

I really must try to find time to try it.

On your Wiki, many people would not understand the comments about disabling services.