the sx20 porting thread - page 42 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

the sx20 porting thread

• 1286 Replies
Re: the sx20 porting thread
« Reply #410 on: 05 / April / 2010, 15:01:17 »
Advertisements
Just a status update, i've now got the CHDK menu to display. However it looks a little wonky, stretched incorrectly for the screen I think.

« Reply #411 on: 05 / April / 2010, 15:48:02 »
acid2000: good news!

About the menu, please check this post: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4348.msg47390.html#msg47390 I had the same behavior that you describe. I was only able to get it right the way I described there. Maybe there's a better way without modifying the core file, but ...

Offline neszt

« Reply #412 on: 05 / April / 2010, 18:03:55 »
I've finished the JogDial task. Finally the pictures don't move anymore, when I scroll in the CHDK menu :)

However, there's a small issue with the code from SX10: while the menu is up and you navigate with the JogDial - the events are not 'consumed' once interpreted by CHDK. They are collected and dispatched once the menu is off. Meaning that the images don't flip around if you navigate the ALT menu using the JogDial, but once you close the menu, the images start flying around.

neszt: how can I commit ? Or what is the correct procedure - shall I attach some files ? I am afraid that attaching files may create a mess in the long run ..
Good work!

Yes, just attach the diff, and i'll apply to the next SX10 1.00F version.

Note, that the central repository is the SVN, and the only reason i keep an online git repo clone, with our commit is to help us to join forces, and help gurus to merge to SVN if they wish.

« Reply #413 on: 05 / April / 2010, 18:18:28 »
Current problems with the 102b port:

*CONF_INFO(186, conf.curve_enable,           CONF_DEF_VALUE, i:0, NULL), causes the camera to fail
*Screen isn't refreshed correctly, Menu doesn't disappear to clean down, RefreshPhysicalScreen() isn't working properly?

Viulian's hack now works, took me a while to realise that one of the files stored on the card is changed and causes the boot to fail.
« Last Edit: 05 / April / 2010, 19:21:52 by acid2000 »

« Reply #414 on: 05 / April / 2010, 19:36:18 »
Great work acid2000, thumbs up! All SX20/1.02b lenses are directed in your way  :)
Please let us know about any progress you managed.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #415 on: 05 / April / 2010, 21:55:12 »

I will keep this last one :( I'm a sad with all the mess.
Maybe somebody will propagate the last image to the first two addresses also .. of update the wiki ?
Consider my rant here repeated ;)
*CONF_INFO(186, conf.curve_enable,           CONF_DEF_VALUE, i:0, NULL), causes the camera to fail
Curves are still not supported in 12 bit cams, this feature should be disabled in camera.h

edit to add:
Nice work everyone  :D
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #416 on: 06 / April / 2010, 17:20:38 »
Curves are still not supported in 12 bit cams, this feature should be disabled in camera.h

The last line of camera.h should undef OPT_CURVES if CAM_SENSOR_BITS_PER_PIXEL is not 10. Camera.h contains.
#define CAM_SENSOR_BITS_PER_PIXEL   12

CHDK still crashes  :(

« Reply #417 on: 06 / April / 2010, 18:06:48 »
I'm trying to debug init_file_modules_task but struggling at the first hurdle.

Code: [Select]
asm volatile(
                 "STMFD   SP!, {R4-R6,LR}\n"
                 "BL      sub_FF88FB5C\n"
                 "LDR     R5, =0x5006\n"
                 "MOVS    R4, R0\n"
                 "MOVNE   R1, #0\n"
                 "MOVNE   R0, R5\n"
                 "BLNE    sub_FF894DF4\n"
                 "BL      sub_FF88FB88_my\n"
                 "BL      core_spytask_can_start\n"      // CHDK: Set "it's-save-to-start"-Flag for spytask
                 "CMP     R4, #0\n"
                 "MOVEQ   R0, R5\n"
                 "LDMEQFD SP!, {R4-R6,LR}\n"
                 "MOVEQ   R1, #0\n"
                 "BEQ     sub_FF894DF4\n" //done
                 "LDMFD   SP!, {R4-R6,PC}\n"
 );

If I change "sub_FF88FB88_my" back to "sub_FF88FB88" and comment the SpyTask then the camera no longer boots even though this should be exactly what the camera would normally boot. Any ideas anyone?

Oddly if I don't even use the modified init_file_modules_task CHDK still boots even though core_spytask_can_start is never called.

Even more oddly if I comment the whole task in with the original changes then the camera boots but displays a Memory card error. I've checked the subs and everything matches ;(

« Reply #418 on: 07 / April / 2010, 09:43:01 »
I have an sx20is with 102b firmware, and would be willing to test any ports to this version...I am eagerly awaiting this for my camera!!

« Reply #419 on: 10 / April / 2010, 01:37:13 »
I just wanted to take a moment and personally thank everyone who is working on the 1.02b version. I'm anxiously awaiting a beta release (and about 10,000 other people it seems) and I'm extremely grateful for the time you guys are putting into this. I wish I could be of some help, but I'm lost when it comes to code.

Thank you :)  :-*