the sx20 porting thread - page 73 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

the sx20 porting thread

• 1279 Replies

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: the sx20 porting thread
« Reply #720 on: 27 / June / 2010, 08:42:33 »
Advertisements
As I said before, I upgraded from 885 to 902 after I think I saw a suggestion to get versions from the autobuild system (at that point the beta for 1.02B was in the autobuilder--later it disappeared from that listing).
The SX20 port was added to the official CHDK trunk with changeset #900; it is commented out in the main makefile, this way the Autobuild Server do not generate & deliver "official" CHDK binary packages.
ATM there are some open issues with this port, therefore automatic building is disabled - the porter devs should have a look to the open issues first  ;)

The AB server has never provided SX20 binaries !

Don't mix up the official CHDK source tree & Autobuild server (http://mighty-hoernsche.de/) with the german DE branch; the german Autobuild Server (http://www.wirklemms.de/chdk/forum/autobuild.php) provides SX20 binaries ATM, the source code is the same as in the official trunk...

Offline f_m_b

« Reply #721 on: 27 / June / 2010, 08:57:39 »
Hello fe50

can you look over my changes? And when you think they are ok please commit it to the two repositories?

The file is wrappers.c, the changed function is swap_partitions.

The new feature: swapping more then two partitions, up to four.

You know a feature to show the partition name?

Bye Frank
« Last Edit: 27 / June / 2010, 09:43:18 by f_m_b »
Greetings Frank
SX20 (1.02b)

« Reply #722 on: 27 / June / 2010, 10:50:57 »
@Fe50

The SX20 port was added to the official CHDK trunk with changeset #900; it is commented out in the main makefile, this way the Autobuild Server do not generate & deliver "official" CHDK binary packages.
ATM there are some open issues with this port, therefore automatic building is disabled - the porter devs should have a look to the open issues first  Wink

The AB server has never provided SX20 binaries !

Thanks for providing the explanation for why the SX20 1.02B build is not currently on the autobuild listing.

Just to be clear, and with no intent to be argumentative, I am pretty sure that the 902 version I got was temporarily available from the list of cameras and versions that is linked at the top of the autobuild page. I do not think it is possible to mistake that list from the very different style of selecting files for download on the German autobuilder. I also notice that the naming convention for the zips is different. The file I downloaded from the autobuild listing was named "sx20-102b-0.9.9-902-full_BETA_without_games.zip"

How the file and the file link in the listing of the autobuilder got there when the makefile had the SX20 commented out, I don't know. My guess is that the most likely explanation is that for a short time the SX20 was in the makefile without being commented out.

edited: Looking at the German autobuild for the SX20 I see that there is no way to confuse the contents with the version I got.

Don
« Last Edit: 27 / June / 2010, 11:25:40 by Coaster »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #723 on: 27 / June / 2010, 14:34:37 »
The file I downloaded from the autobuild listing was named "sx20-102b-0.9.9-902-full_BETA_without_games.zip"
Not a AB server package - that's the manually compiled test package i provided in reply #674 :)

« Reply #724 on: 27 / June / 2010, 15:17:43 »
Not a AB server package - that's the manually compiled test package i provided in reply #674

Hmm. My fuzzy old head is starting to hurt now....

I thought I saw it in the AB listing. However, I guess not. My apologies for my confusion.

Anyway, it was the 902 version I was using at the point where I became aware of the whacked numbering. I've not figured out where it came from, but it straightened out when I deleted the CCHDK.CFG file and the CANON folders. It's not clear which was required.

Don

« Reply #725 on: 28 / June / 2010, 20:36:48 »
@SkyWalker9
@tsdillon

Between us we have two SX20's that open a new folder whenever the camera is turned on and one SX20 that does continuous numbering normally. It would help us to rule in or out some hypotheses if you two would let us know which version of CHDK you're using.

Don
[/quote

Think I may have found a way around the multiple folder creations and file numbering.

Settings as follows...............

RAW file in dir with jpg ..................OFF
Raw file prefix...............................CRW
RAW file extension........................CR2
Raw subtract pref..........................IMG
Raw subtract exte.........................JPG
Bad pixel removal.........................RAWconv
DNG format..................................ON
'DNG' file extension.......................ON

JPG files are now added to an existing folder with 'continuous numbering'.
No new folder created.
Raw files (DNG) all located in the 100CANON folder. No new RAW file folder created.
Have just tried this method out (4 times) and it seems to work!!
The only anomaly I have found is that when turning on the camera the "available DNG files" is v high - this changes after the first image taken, to a true (lower) figure.
Try it out and see if it works for you.
I'm using CHDK vers 902

Terry

Offline SkyWalker9

• SX20 IS (fw 1.02b)
« Reply #726 on: 29 / June / 2010, 00:24:50 »
Think I may have found a way around the multiple folder creations and file numbering.

Settings as follows...............

JPG files are now added to an existing folder with 'continuous numbering'.
No new folder created.
Raw files (DNG) all located in the 100CANON folder. No new RAW file folder created.
Have just tried this method out (4 times) and it seems to work!!
The only anomaly I have found is that when turning on the camera the "available DNG files" is v high - this changes after the first image taken, to a true (lower) figure.
Try it out and see if it works for you.
I'm using CHDK vers 902

I started with the first setting in your list and tested both 885 and 902 and both resulted in the numbering problem you mention. I don't enable the "RAW file in dir with jpg" because I only use DNGs - I mention why in the other tips section of my "DNG or RAW" document (http://rapidshare.com/files/390852020/DNG_or_RAW.pdf) In both versions I started seeing the numbering problem after (1) enable "RAW" and "RAW file in dir with jpg", (2) shoot photos, (3) turn off the camera, and then (4) shoot more photos.

Appears enabling the "RAW file in dir with jpg" might cause the numbering anomaly.
« Last Edit: 29 / June / 2010, 16:23:53 by SkyWalker9 »

Offline f_m_b

« Reply #727 on: 29 / June / 2010, 18:34:34 »
 :) :) :) Super  :) :) :)

works.

I don't used this setting because i had problems with corrupt dng's with it.
But now it works, and the dng's are korrekt. I can't say why.

It's great.

In the sources i have found that raw_saving() calls get_target_dir_name() which calls get_file_next_counter() with the following operation: (file sx20/shooting.c)
n= get_file_next_counter(); // 4 Bytes from parameter 0x38
n= (n>>18)&0x3FF
in most other camera types the operation is
n= (n>>4)&0x3FFF

Is there another format on the sx20 or could be there the problem?

Greetings Frank
SX20 (1.02b)

« Reply #728 on: 30 / June / 2010, 04:45:32 »
SkyWalker9
Get the impression you have not activated "Raw file prefix" and "Raw file ext' - suggest you activate both with CRW and CR2 respectively. Both DNG lines should also be activated. It will produce DNG files NOT CRW or CR2 files.
Was out this morning - camera on and off six times.....................all images went to an existing folder(numbers starting from the LAST image in that folder)  and the DNG files were in the 100CANON folder.

Hope this helps and it works for you..........Terry

f_m_b
Glad to see it works for you - cannot comment on your program code comments - I'm thick when it comes to that area.

Offline mx3

« Reply #729 on: 30 / June / 2010, 06:48:43 »
can someone give some hints how to get running chdk on sx20 1.02b ? http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4348.msg52093.html#msg52093
My friend wants to be CHDK  follower.
I explained him alot. He is excited.
But I cant switch to record mode.

edit: Actually I can help with porting if there are problems...
skype: max_dtc. ICQ: 125985663, email: win.drivers(at)gmail, eVB decompiler