the sx20 porting thread - page 98 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

the sx20 porting thread

• 1279 Replies
Re: the sx20 porting thread
« Reply #970 on: 14 / October / 2010, 09:03:39 »
Advertisements
ok, Thanks :)

« Reply #971 on: 04 / November / 2010, 03:39:08 »
Okay, I must say I'm a very satisfied user of CHDK on my SX20 102b since the middle of May (still using the May 16th build lol, should probably update this thing already)... But I have a question. I tend to use video mode almost more than taking pictures, and was just wondering if it would be possible to enable the full zoom speed mode in video, either by script or by modifying the CHDK build somehow... And I'm not worried about the noise from the zoom. I would assume it's similar to how zoom-in-video was enabled for my SD770, but I really have no clue. I tire of waiting for the lens to just get out there when I want it to, haha. So, is this possible, or am I pretty much out of luck?
Canon SD770IS GM1.00A
Canon SX20IS GM1.02B
Canon SX230HS GM1.00C (RIP :()
Canon SX130IS GM1.00B

« Reply #972 on: 05 / November / 2010, 13:21:57 »
Hello,

first of all, thank you for porting chdk for SX20 with firmware 1.02D. I was able to run it in a 8GB flash card with a boot partition.

I noticed that the raw files was not saved in the correct folder when "save raw file in dir with Jpeg" was marked. My raw files always appeared at the 100CANON folder. This cause the camera to not show any of the pictures taken. When switching on the camera again in preview mode, the "no image" appeared.

So I believe that the camera didn't like that 100CANON folder. My sx20 store the pictures in a monthly changed folder inside DCIM. Something like "100___10" for a picture taken in October. If I put the raw files inside these folders, the pictures can be previewed in camera's display. So I concluded that the raw folder was messing up the camera firmware behavior.

I recompiled chdk, modifying the raw.c source file, in order to include the month number in the dir name where the raw files are stored. Now my chdk correctly save the raw in the same folder of the jpeg. But the "save raw file in dir with Jpeg" have no more effect because I don't check that flag in my code.

I have done this in order to check if the raws are visible by usb. But, unfortunately, this is not happening. I tried several combinations of raw prefixes and extensions, following the hints posted in this forum, but the raws are still hidden, no matter if they are DNG or not.

What can I do to make the raw files available by usb?

If you have any clue, please share with me.

Best regards and sorry any English mistakes.

Miguel
« Last Edit: 05 / November / 2010, 13:25:55 by mmrto »

« Reply #973 on: 14 / November / 2010, 12:12:24 »
I have version 1.00f and when I make the bad pixel file it indicates 16403 bad pixels.  When I look at the .DNG file that gets made its horrible compared to the .jpg.  Any hints on how to make a badpixel file is useful?  it does make some complaint when storing the file something about the OS ...

« Reply #974 on: 16 / November / 2010, 13:02:57 »
Just passing by to thank all developers for the great job done with the Sx 20's CHDK!

Cheers guys!

Offline ultimA

« Reply #975 on: 16 / November / 2010, 13:14:39 »
I have version 1.00f and when I make the bad pixel file it indicates 16403 bad pixels.  When I look at the .DNG file that gets made its horrible compared to the .jpg.  Any hints on how to make a badpixel file is useful?  it does make some complaint when storing the file something about the OS ...

16403 sounds many, but in reality it is somewhat average. So you don't have to worry about it. The fact that the DNG looks bad probably has some other reason. Without further information, it is hard to say. What software are you using to look at the DNG? Maybe, can you post a 100% crop of both the JPG and DNG?

« Reply #976 on: 23 / November / 2010, 15:05:20 »
I've noticed that I can't get a faster shutter than the built-in 1/3200sec. When I set a faster shutter override value, I get 1/3200 in the actual shot - I tried with different aperture values, same result. I saw that this was a bug in the sx10, and it was fixed. The fix was added to the autobuild (which I'm using), as you can read here:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4392.0.html

However, it seems like with the sx20 the fix doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem?

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #977 on: 24 / November / 2010, 03:53:42 »
Hello & welcome, RogueRanger !

I've noticed that I can't get a faster shutter than the built-in 1/3200sec. When I set a faster shutter override value, I get 1/3200 in the actual shot - I tried with different aperture values, same result. I saw that this was a bug in the sx10, and it was fixed. The fix was added to the autobuild (which I'm using), as you can read here:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4392.0.html

Pls. try again in P or M mode: set the CHDK override (you should see Tv:xxx on the screen), then shoot directly into a strong light bulb; change the Tv override & take another shot...you should see a difference in the histogram / image brightness.

Note - the Canon OSD doesn't show the correct values when CHDK overrides are active...

« Reply #978 on: 24 / November / 2010, 10:17:54 »
Thanks a lot for your reply. You were right, the override does work - for some reason when I tried it the first time (in M mode) I didn't see a difference.
I wonder what the actual fastest shutter is? there's no information at the moment for the SX20 or the SX10 (I assume it's similar for both models).

« Reply #979 on: 27 / November / 2010, 10:57:30 »
Hi everyone,

I have problems trying to run a script... in my older A430 camera i used some scripts like Yet Another Intervalometer, ultra intervalometer and MD scripts... i tried this scripts with my new SX20 IS, but almost all scripts has problems... some of them block input to camera, and i need to delete the last script executed to allow CHDK to run again... with others, i select them and apparently they dont get loaded because i dont see the script name neither the parameters configuration...

Can somebody help me?

I have this scripts saved in "H:\CHDK\Scripts\OtherSubfolder"... H is my card reader drive letter...
Do i need to save the scripts directly in "CHDK\Scripts" Folder?

Im searching primary for a intervalometer script...

Which script do you use for this purpose?

thanks a lot :)