the sx20 porting thread - page 49 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

the sx20 porting thread

• 1286 Replies
Re: the sx20 porting thread
« Reply #480 on: 20 / April / 2010, 12:38:34 »
Advertisements
some bugs :

Card: 4GB sdhc, formated and maid bootable with cardtriks, Fat16

I have'nt green color in R-G-B histogram,( just transparent white)
In osd, when i run a script, nothing printed on mini console

« Reply #481 on: 20 / April / 2010, 14:11:56 »
I was wondering, would it be a hard thing to do to implement time-lapse function to the chdk 1.02b-version? I would SOO need it and would be very grateful.

« Reply #482 on: 20 / April / 2010, 15:08:30 »
The colours should be fixed in the next release. Still working on the console

« Reply #483 on: 20 / April / 2010, 16:03:09 »
thanks to acid2000,

I'm not a programmer, but i think, i can work on sum scripts
I'm reading ebooks about ubasic, and start working on scripts soon, :)

« Reply #484 on: 20 / April / 2010, 16:08:45 »
I was wondering, would it be a hard thing to do to implement time-lapse function to the chdk 1.02b-version? I would SOO need it and would be very grateful.

Timelapes and motion ditection are 2 great scripts, I am going to working on these 2 scripts. as soon as i understand about programming :D

« Reply #485 on: 20 / April / 2010, 21:10:01 »
First, I now have to use the playback/shoot button to turn my camera on - not the on/off button.

On my camera I can use the on and off button.

OK, that seems to be working now.

To get to shooting mode, I now have to half-press the shutter.

Correct, you should also be able to press the mode change button

No - it seems to turn the camera off.

The shortcut button invokes <ALT> mode fine, with "Default Script" in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Thats correct

Menu button brings up the Main Menu, but the only way I seem to be able to get rid of the main menu is to toggle to playback mode, then back to shooting mode.  Then I have to press the shortcut key again to reactivate the OSD.  With the 630, another press of the menu key turned off the main menu.

This I think to do with the refresh bug. I haven't found how to fix this yet, any help is greatly appreciated.

Wish I could help, acid, but I'm no software developer  :(   Again, though, I appreciate all the work you've done on this FW release.

I hve enabled symbols, but they don't show up.  Also, when I go to a sub-menu, the previous menu stays on in the background.

This bug I think is the reason why zebra and console output is not displayed correctsm the second point is the refresh bug. These two bugs may be related.

I was wondering if the symbol problem was because it looks to the FAT32 partition for these files, and the grids.  If so, how can I copy them to that partition before (or after) installing CHDK on the FAT12 partition?

I have enabled superfine mode in the CHDK menu, but don't seem to be able to activate it from the Canon Function menu.

I could be wrong but I don't think it does, just take a picture and look at the file size

OK, I'll give that a try.

Fredrock,
Any word on when a 102C FW will be worked on?

I don't think anyone with 102C has started yet. It isn't too difficult but you do need to be a software developer.

« Reply #486 on: 20 / April / 2010, 21:25:51 »
Fredrock,
Any word on when a 102C FW will be worked on?

I don't think anyone with 102C has started yet. It isn't too difficult but you do need to be a software developer.

WHY!!! Ahhhh im not a software developer :(
Canon PowerShot SX20 IS ~FW-1.02C~

« Reply #487 on: 20 / April / 2010, 22:26:33 »
Not having any luck with this. If I do it regular, I get an error when doing the 'Firmware upgrade'. If I make the card bootable, the camera will not power up.

Using a Kodak 4Gb SDHC card with the SX10 102.b CHDK and the SX20 diskboot.bin file.
Did everything through Cardtricks....card formated fully to FAT.

« Reply #488 on: 21 / April / 2010, 00:48:03 »
Okay..sorta have it working now. Did the diskboot file swap without CardTricks and it worked better. Now just having some other issues I will try and work out.
Cannot create badpixel.bin, menu seems to freeze and cannot get any overides to work

« Reply #489 on: 21 / April / 2010, 01:57:48 »
Cannot create badpixel.bin, menu seems to freeze and cannot get any overides to work

I think the only way to make one *now* is to follow the guide on top off page 32
"******** CAPTURING DNG IN CAMERA ***********"

That worked for me.
-----------------------------------

Thanks for acid2000 for your work!!!