the sx20 porting thread - page 125 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

the sx20 porting thread

• 1286 Replies

Offline jan

• PowerShot SX20 IS (100f)
    • cms -db
Re: the sx20 porting thread
« Reply #1240 on: 23 / April / 2011, 09:15:05 »
Advertisements
The first Version is built with OPT_EXMEM_TESTING. (sx20-xxxx-0.9.9-1144-full-TESTMOE.zip)
You see at the left lower edge of the display an (ok). Now test as much internal features of the sx20 as you can (Videosequences, Continous Shooting, ...). If there is any conflict, the (ok) changes into four addresses. Please tell me these addresses.

If after all tests the (ok) is still there, the first test is passed and you can change to the next part.

I tested this on my cam with firmware version 1.00f. There are no problems during the first test, the camera does always display (ok).

The second Version is now built with all optinal features of CHDK. (sx20-xxxx-0.9.9-1144-REALMODE.zip)
After booting, the cam should show you a memory info of about 1,8 MB.  :D
Now test as much chdk features of the sx20 as you can (zebra, edges, history, games, scripts, ...)

Memory info shows 1811608 Bytes of free memory. CHDK features work fine, but there are serious problems with the Canon OSD. After enabling alt mode for the first time the Canon OSD does not update anymore and there's no way to get into the Canon menu. The only way to make it work again is to switch between shooting and view mode or turning the camera off and on again. Then again, after having enabled alt mode once the Canon OSD doesn't work. I think I had these problems as well when I tried the latest build for 1.00f from this thread, so it is probably not related to the alternate memory allocation method.

« Reply #1241 on: 24 / April / 2011, 04:43:33 »
Hello to all and sorry for my english

@jan

I have the same problem that I also described to f_m_b (thank you very much for the time spent)
two weeks ago in the CHDK.de Forum:

http://forum.chdk-treff.de/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2302

"Also I found the usual problem: I can enter in the CHDK menu and change the parameters but when i go out from CHDK menu i can't go and use Canon menus.
All buttons are inoperative and i can't see any of the menus Canon.
I hear only the sound of the key pressed.
As soon as I left the CHDK menu for recall (example) the ISO Canon menu i must first press the ISO key and then the key Shortcut twice.
This procedure is valid for entry into other Canon menu and also change the data and is annoying but I've seen that works.
In my 'poor' opinion 'Shortcut', 'Menu','Func.Set' Canon camera keys are for some reasons in conflict with the use of CHDK menu."
jan some information please:
Can You test and confirm to me the solution I found for recall the Canon menu?
What CHDK version are you using?
Currently I use the Neszt 913 version without games and calendar.
I hope some expert will be able to develop a stable version for firmware 1.00f.

Best regards
Pauli
Canon SX20 1.00f
« Last Edit: 24 / April / 2011, 04:46:20 by phaedra »

Offline jan

• PowerShot SX20 IS (100f)
    • cms -db
« Reply #1242 on: 24 / April / 2011, 11:46:18 »
Can You test and confirm to me the solution I found for recall the Canon menu?
Yes, that solution works for me as well. It's quite cumbersome though, as you have to press the alt key every time you pressed another key.

What CHDK version are you using?
I was testing the version with alternative memory allocation from here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4348.msg64935#msg64935 (description from f_m_b: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4348.msg64932#msg64932)

« Reply #1243 on: 24 / April / 2011, 12:17:34 »
@ jan

Ok thank You for the info.
A little question for the expert developers:
The 913 Neszt version (1.00f) don't has the problems (browsing in the Canon menus) of the 1144 f_m_b version so i think if it is  possible study a 'mix' version  of these two release?
Thanks in advance to all for every help and answer.
Best regards
Pauli
Canon SX20  (1.00f)

Offline f_m_b

« Reply #1244 on: 24 / April / 2011, 16:53:22 »
Hello reyalp
i'm not sure, but i think this is a problem of one of the last bug fix revisions??

Code: [Select]
../generic/wrappers.c: In function 'utime':
../generic/wrappers.c:601:8: warning: passing argument 1 of '_SetFileTimeStamp' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
../../include/lolevel.h:232:5: note: expected 'char *' but argument is of type 'const char *'
../generic/wrappers.c: At top level:
../generic/wrappers.c:726:7: error: conflicting types for 'malloc'
C:\CHDK\gcc\gcc451\bin\gmake.exe[2]: *** [wrappers.o] Error 1
C:\CHDK\gcc\gcc451\bin\gmake.exe[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Hello 1.00f users
I searched out a lot of missing function stubs in stubs_entry.S and stubs_entry_2.S.
I hope this was all we need to use a 1.00f like 1.02b an d 1.02d...

I am going to compile a test version tomorrow.
Now i go to bed. :D
Greetings Frank
SX20 (1.02b)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1245 on: 24 / April / 2011, 17:32:12 »
Thanks for the report, should be fixed now.

I don't test every possible combination of compile time options, this one only happened with exmem enabled.
Hello reyalp
i'm not sure, but i think this is a problem of one of the last bug fix revisions??
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline f_m_b

« Reply #1246 on: 25 / April / 2011, 01:28:59 »
Thanks for the report, should be fixed now.
Thanks. Fix works.

@Jan
@Phaedra
Thanks for your test report.

Some Infos: In the latest version i made for the 100f (the version you tested) I used an actual CHDK-Version and the original platform files from "Neszt 913". This was just to try out if that works. ;)

The Version in the attachment "sx20-100f-0.9.9-1160-full.zip" i built with the following steps:
- First i "reformated" the platform files from 1.02b, 1.02d and also 1.00f. So it was easier for me to find out which stubs are missing.
- I found out all missing stubs for 1.00f with ARMu and changed some existing stubs. My reference was allways the 1.02b which works very stable. If i changed the original addresses found from Neszt i put in a commentary like "// old 0xff896850"
- Then i build a new version with newest CHDK 1160 and this changed platform files. In this version is exmem active with 2MB and all compile options (only without OPT_WARNINGS and OPT_EXMEM_TESTING) are included.

This changes i made "blindly". I can not test it.
So please test and try out this version and give me feedback how it works.

...If you use CHDK Shell and subversion you can also add the attached patch to compile a 100f version with other options.

Greetings Frank

SX20 (1.02b)
Greetings Frank
SX20 (1.02b)

« Reply #1247 on: 25 / April / 2011, 03:44:00 »
Hello

@ f_m_b
@ reyalp

I tested the new version in few minutes.
 It seems to work:
 Browsing in the Canon menus now OK!
 I took some pictures in Auto-P-TV-AV-M mode: OK
 Bracketing in M mode: OK
 I Took Two Little Movie (abou 60 sec.) in M mode (video quality = 84):OK
 Sometimes CHDK menu disappears during browsing as in the 913  Nesztz version but for me is not a big problem.
 The next few days I hope to spend more time  to test this version.
 I think that jan can give further confirmation.
 Thank You very much to f_m_b and reyalp for the help.

Best regards
Pauli
(Canon SX20 1.00f)

Offline f_m_b

« Reply #1248 on: 25 / April / 2011, 10:25:49 »
I tested the new version in few minutes.
 It seems to work:...
...The next few days I hope to spend more time  to test this version.
 I think that jan can give further confirmation.
I'am glad to hear that.   :D
A step closer to go with 1.00f in a stable state.

Let's see what jan will report.
Greetings Frank
SX20 (1.02b)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1249 on: 25 / April / 2011, 11:59:30 »
Sometimes CHDK menu disappears during browsing as in the 913  Nesztz version but for me is not a big problem.
This is normal in CHDK.
Don't forget what the H stands for.