How to upload through USB cable with Autoload enabled - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

How to upload through USB cable with Autoload enabled

• 2 Replies
How to upload through USB cable with Autoload enabled
« on: 14 / October / 2009, 13:59:07 »
Advertisements
Hi all,

My SX110 is configured with CHDK autoload. It's working well except one thing. I can't upload photos to my computer (Windows XP SP2) with a USB cable. Though it is okey to use a USB card reader, I still prefer the USB cable so that it's no need to plug the card in and out every time.

It seems SX110 supports PTP only. Without CHDK autoload, the camera is recognized in Windows XP when the camera is turned on with a USB cable already connected to the computer. But it is problematic when CHDK autoload is installed. I plugged the USB cable to the camera and turned it on. It started loading CHDK but nothing happened with the computer!

How to solve this problem? I use a 8 gb card, and partitioned it into two 4 gb FAT16 volumes, with each volume configured as CHDK autoloadable. I am not sure if the 8 gb card is the problem.

Thanks!

----
PowerShot SX110 IS 1.00B + CHDK 0.9.8-816-full / Kingston 8GB SD card / Windows XP SP2

Re: How to upload through USB cable with Autoload enabled
« Reply #1 on: 14 / October / 2009, 20:01:38 »
lol

I made a stupid mistake. I forgot to turn off the remote option, so the camera couldn't work in PTP mode.

Unfortunately, I only find images and vedios by PTP. Is it still possible to upload RAW files with USB cable connection?

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: How to upload through USB cable with Autoload enabled
« Reply #2 on: 15 / October / 2009, 01:07:45 »
Hello & welcome, fotoli !

Unfortunately, I only find images and vedios by PTP. Is it still possible to upload RAW files with USB cable connection?
This depents on the camera & the CHDK RAW parameter settings...
Try with different settings for RAW filename prefix / extension, e.g.

RAW file in dir with JPEG [ X ]
RAW file prefix           [CRW]
RAW file extension        [.CR2]

You should also power off & on the camera once before you connect the USB cable !