How to use CHDK with SD1000 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

How to use CHDK with SD1000

• 5 Replies
How to use CHDK with SD1000
« on: 23 / February / 2008, 01:08:25 »
Advertisements
Okay, i have the chdk on the sd1000.  I have played around with it some, but i was wondering if anyone would be able to explain without copying and pasting what the sites say what each option means under the extra photo options.  I don't understand what they do, how they work, or how to take a picture while SAVING these settings, also i had 2 serparate abbreviations appear on the right side of my camera screen, i do not remember what these were, but does ne1 know? thank you!

Tifa

Re: How to use CHDK with SD1000
« Reply #1 on: 23 / February / 2008, 05:09:57 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:40:17 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #2 on: 23 / February / 2008, 09:23:00 »
i don't seem to understand what they mean, it doesn't really explain in friendly english what the terms mean, can someone please clarify for me? thank you!

« Reply #3 on: 23 / February / 2008, 11:23:27 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:40:35 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #4 on: 23 / February / 2008, 13:23:56 »
Okay, sorry.  What i mean is what is bracketing?  Is that where it takes multiple pictures of "Set" variables, such as white comp and what not, is there a way to do it without having to use continuous?  thank you.

Also,  Can you explain what Tv is ??

Offline BB

« Reply #5 on: 23 / February / 2008, 21:06:21 »
Bracketing is where you take a picture with "normal settings" (speed, aperture, ISO, White Balance, Focus, etc.). Then you (or the camera) changes one of the settings and takes the picture again. Then changes the setting to the other side of "normal" and takes the picture a third time, etc...

For example, you take a picture at 1/30 of a second, and set the bracketing script to take a picture at + and - 1 Fstop of 1/30 of a second (1/15 of second and 1/60 of a second in this example). And you can set the script to take another set at +/- 2 Fstops, etc... In theory, you can do that with any adjustable parameter. This allows you to ensure that at least on of the shots does not have blown highlights (or dark areas). You can also do this for "HD" pictures (where you mix multiple exposure values so that one picture can have, for example bright lights and deep shadows with details visible).

Av equals "aperture value" (Fstops) and Tv equals (I guess) "time value" (shutter speed like 1/30 of a second).

-Bill