Help needed with S2IS - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum  

Help needed with S2IS

• 3 Replies

Offline TXM

Help needed with S2IS
« on: 22 / October / 2009, 04:49:21 »
Advertisements
Hi, I have just started to use CHDK on my S2is and have managed to load it and tried some of the features without many problems, I would however like to try motion detection and so far have not been able to find any way of enabling it. I would be grateful if someone could tell me which section of this forum I should go to, in order to find out :-
 1 Is motion detection available for the S2iS.
 2 If it is, how do I enable it.
 3 How do I use it.
 4 Is it possible to use USB remote with the S2is.
Any advice would be appeciated
                                               TXM

Re: Help needed with S2IS
« Reply #1 on: 22 / October / 2009, 05:35:01 »
The S2IS is one of the few cameras that does not work with USB remote with SDM.
I think it does now work with the CHDK.

To test, connect camera to PC with USB lead to provide the +5 volts.

Remove lead to take photo.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #2 on: 22 / October / 2009, 06:47:27 »
@TXM

motion detection needs a script, go to this thread to find out about it: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,471.0.html

HTH,

wim

Offline TXM

« Reply #3 on: 22 / October / 2009, 17:21:27 »
Thanks for the prompt replies I tried enabling usb triggering and unplugged the cable but nothing happened, maybe I am doing something wrong. I will try again when I have a bit more experience with the program.
I had more success with the motion detection, it didnt work at first so I tried shortening the file name and this did the trick.
Once again many thanks for the advice and thankyou to all who have contributed to this remarkable program.
                                                                                                                                                             TXM