Held needed for HDR - General Chat - CHDK Forum  

Held needed for HDR

• 4 Replies
Held needed for HDR
« on: 11 / November / 2009, 12:52:23 »
Advertisements
Hi all,

I have now read the whole forum and tried probably all the scripts for a series of simple HDR photos in my SD1000, with no luck :((

I would appreciate if someone could explain how to use a script (anything working!) in order to take eg. 3 bracketing pics. I've tried hdr_stack, hdr_bracketing, ult_intrvl, exp-bracketing etc. I set the settings according to the descriptions. The camera takes 3 shots but does not adjust EV, so I always get the same picture x times!! And sometimes, it also uses the FLASH by some reason in 2 of the pics..very weird and I dont understand what I do wrongly :SS

can someone help me with the settings and choosing one simple (working) script??

ps. although Im a programmer, I feel like an idiot right now  :'(

thanks in advance!!

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Held needed for HDR
« Reply #1 on: 11 / November / 2009, 14:55:33 »
Hello & welcome, johan314 !

You can easily do it without a script, with the CHDK Tv bracketing & the Canon continuous mode / custom timer...

Just set the camera to [M]anual mode, disable the flash, set up the CHDK bracketing...

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #2 on: 11 / November / 2009, 15:02:47 »
Hi johan, welcome to the forum !

Since i also have an SD1000 i'll do some testing to see if i can get any HDR script going

note that the scripts you refer to are ancient, so it could be that I end up with another

will post back here if i get something to run

see you,

wim

PS snif! late again

« Reply #3 on: 11 / November / 2009, 16:52:02 »
fe50, thanks!! I didnt set the snapshot-mode to "C" (custom timer) in normal menu; always had it in continues mode. Now it works fine!

whim, I'd love to have your scripts as well and test them!!!

btw, if this can be achieved without scriptings, then what is the use of scripts anyway? what options can/do they set, or how can they improve picture quality?

Offline Michigal

• Lighthouse Lover
    • Lighthouse News
« Reply #4 on: 12 / November / 2009, 20:34:15 »

btw, if this can be achieved without scriptings, then what is the use of scripts anyway? what options can/do they set, or how can they improve picture quality?

A lot of the bracketing scripts seem to have been written before the continuous bracketing feature was put into CHDK. At least that's my take on them; I could be wrong about that. Also, some cameras may not have custom timer settings.

That said, I do use a script for bracketing, as it allows a bit more control, as in number of shots taken, delays till start and between shots. I've done them both ways, and honestly like the script way. But that's just me.  8)

Sue
Power Shot A630 user (love that camera)