supplierdeeply

S90 Porting Thread

• 397 Replies

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    Re: S90 Porting Thread
    « Reply #150 on: 14 / April / 2010, 10:52:49 »
    Advertisements
    If the above file boots, try also this one. This time also the CHDK Splashscreen should be visible and the CHDK Menu int ALT mode accessable (but no overrivedes will be functional).

• Publish
    « Reply #151 on: 14 / April / 2010, 11:00:54 »
    both work, chdk screen is visible, chdk menu is accesable.

thanks a lot so far, u're great

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    « Reply #152 on: 14 / April / 2010, 11:04:16 »
    Thats good!  :D
    Next steps are to implement the overrides tasks (Exposure, Capture, Movie, etc.).
    I will post a build when i finished that for 101c. ;)

• Publish
    « Reply #153 on: 14 / April / 2010, 13:35:06 »
    @ ERR99,
    is 101a complete?

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    « Reply #154 on: 14 / April / 2010, 15:41:07 »
    @ ERR99,
    is 101a complete?
    It depends of your definition of complete... ;)
    From the "Feature view" 101a and 100c have the same state of completion. There are of course some minor problems left (optical zooming in videomode hangs sometimes, set_led for script use is not adapted to the S90, blocking of Jodgdial events to the oem firmware in altmode can be optimized). But most off the stuff other should work. If you find something that not work, post it here.

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    « Reply #155 on: 14 / April / 2010, 15:43:40 »
    I will post a build when i finished that for 101c. ;)

So, here is the new build for 101c. Please try if its boot and if everything is working. ;)

Offline jblc

• Publish
    « Reply #156 on: 14 / April / 2010, 16:02:07 »
    If you find something that not work, post it here.

From an earlier post, regarding the second 101a version:

"A few issues for the 101a build:

The jog dial and control pad buttons are now seemingly unresponsive most of the time, in particular when switching between manual modes.  The Menu button usually works first, and that sort of kicks the rest of the buttons into operation, but there are large periods of time when none of the control buttons work, and then all of a sudden the accumulated many actions are sent to the camera and it sort of goes crazy."

• Publish
    « Reply #157 on: 14 / April / 2010, 16:36:00 »
    I am trying ver. 101a.  I have not done extensive testing, but I have noticed that when I boot with my SDHC card locked (but not in alt mode) the front control ring does not work properly when changing aperture or shutter speed.  When I unlock the card and boot, these functions work properly.  The rear control dial seems to be functioning properly.

I am also trying to use a USB remote shutter release.  I have enabled remote in the remote parameters menu and have started a couple of the USB scripts, but without reliable success.  Any advice on a script that will work?

The following scripts both triggered the camera occasionally, but not reliably as in the past with an SD870:

@title Remote button
    :loop
    wait_click 1
    is_key k "remote"
    if k=1 then shoot
    goto "loop"
    end

---------------------------------------------

@title Remote button
    while 1
      wait_click 1
      if is_key "remote" then shoot
    wend

end

Offline jblc

• Publish
    « Reply #158 on: 14 / April / 2010, 16:52:04 »
      I used a USB remote successfully with the S90 with the first 101a build.  

I don't know if this'll help.  But I heard that the

while a = 0
    a = USB_power
    wend

code (or something similar) always works, while "is_key..." doesn't always work, so that's what I used.  I didn't try the is_key "remote" though, but with USB_power it works reliably.

EDIT: oh, and I didn't have to enable the USB remote option for that code to work; in the menu it's still deactivated yet the remote works.

• Publish
    « Reply #159 on: 14 / April / 2010, 17:09:08 »
    Thanks for the quick reply, jblc!

Was that the entire script you ran than worked, or were there other lines?

I ran the following and it froze my camera:

while a = 0
    a = USB_power
    wend

If there are additional lines I need, can you please post the entire script?

Thanks!

If I get this working, I'll be trying the S90 for some kite aerial photos later this afternoon.  If I can't get the USB remote working, I'll probably just use an intervalometer script that is working well.