S90 Porting Thread

• 397 Replies

Offline schnurrhahn

• Canon S100, Firmware 101A
Re: S90 Porting Thread
« Reply #200 on: 17 / April / 2010, 08:18:23 »
Advertisements
Here is my short test result with the Canon S90, Firmware 100C and the port V3 from ERR99 :

all functions seem to work as well as expected. Thank you very much to ERR99 for this wonderful work.

In the first Beta-releases (previous to V3) the S90 worked very slow in Manual Mode (M-Mode) when using the Control ring.
This seems to be fixed now, too. My S90 now works fine in M-Mode.
Using Scripts also works fine - I testet a little bit with the MD-Scripts and HDR-Scripts.

So again - thank you very much for your hard work, CHDK is wonderful !
Canon S100, Firmware 101A

Offline ERR99

« Reply #201 on: 17 / April / 2010, 10:26:20 »
ERR99- Thank you so much for all your efforts. CHDK ran perfectly on a 4GB card. Now, I'm trying with a 16GB, but I can't seem to make it "auto-load" CHDK. Manual Firmware Updates works fine.

Is "Miscellaneous stuff -> Swap partitions" fully implemented?

Thank you!

P.S. This is my first time running CHDK on an SDHC card (over 4GB), and I was unable to partition the SD card under Windows XP (I had to use Linux). Windows was unable to read ANY partition of my [partitioned] SD card, so any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S.S. When I select "Create card with two partitions" from CHDK, Windows XP SP3 claims the drive [SD card] is not formatted. If I agree to format it, Windows formats the entire SD card, deleting the partition table. So Windows: Case #4 doesn't really work.

Swap partitions is working, i tested it with one of my 8GB SDHC card on the S90.
I think the problem is, that windows is not "really" supports more then one partition for removable media deviced. A very easy solution to create/format and swap partitions on a SDHC card under windows is the SDM Installer. You can find it here: http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/file/common_files.zip

« Reply #202 on: 17 / April / 2010, 14:18:08 »

Using Scripts also works fine - I testet a little bit with the MD-Scripts and HDR-Scripts.

could you tell me which HDR-Scripts are you using? Thanks! I tried self-timer method (which works well on
G7 using custom self-timer), but whenever I use the self-timer on S90,  there was no bracketing.
I  can only get Tv  bracketings  if I keep on pressing the shutter ;(
btw I has the FW 101a.
And here I would like to thank ERR99, Microfunguy and all the other Greats who made CHDK possible!!-))

Offline schnurrhahn

• Canon S100, Firmware 101A
« Reply #203 on: 18 / April / 2010, 16:59:38 »

could you tell me which HDR-Scripts are you using? Thanks!

bellac, I used HDR-HYPER.BAS in Manual Mode (M).
I made only 2 very short tests, but the Script didn't show any errors.
Canon S100, Firmware 101A

« Reply #204 on: 19 / April / 2010, 13:37:54 »
Hey guys. First of all a BIG thanks to ERR99 for such a terrific job. This is my first Canon ergo first time using CHDK and as a photographic tool the zebra mode and some other stuff is really useful, nonetheless I have a couple of small issues which I'm not sure are bugs or just the way every CHDK behaves. First every time I turn the camera on, the previous taken image is there, whether I disable or not the info box at the start, and that is just annoying and I can't find where to turn that option off.
Second and something I'm sure is not a bug, since the CHDK uses the DIGIC processor it makes sense that the camera gets a little hotter, to be precise in my right hand (or the right side of the camera) i feel the camera itself a bit warmer and I'm that makes the battery to last for less, I saw some info somewhere that it's just a myth (about battery drainage) but it worries me a bit about how much temperature my camera must stand.
Thanks for your time dedicated to this, it's good that we share and grow as a community.

« Reply #205 on: 19 / April / 2010, 14:03:56 »
Could some please outline the procedure for using a SD card larger that 4GB. I just picked up an Eye-Fi Pro X2 8GB card that I'm trying to get working with CHDK. So far the only luck I've had is partitioning the card to 4GB the installing CHDK. I tried to use Cardtricks ansd SDM Installer to create a small FAT partition but both keep giving me a Card Error Fault.

« Reply #206 on: 19 / April / 2010, 16:09:30 »
Hi. Just found this thread. Trying to get it to work. Can anyone tell me how to install this on a 16Gb SDHC card? I assume it needs two partitions. I used SDM tool to create two partitions then used Cardtricks to format the 2MB partition. However Windows 7's disk management does not allow me to access the secondary partition. Also I copied all files from SDM's Common Files zip to the new partition and the diskboot.bin linked here, closed the write protect on the card and tried in the camera.

Nothing happens. The camera will not switch on. If I take the write protection off and take out and reinsert the battery it powers up but says the memory card is full.

A step by step to getting this working would be great as there appears to be no S90 zip premade to go with Cardtricks right now.

« Reply #207 on: 19 / April / 2010, 16:19:47 »
Deadman brought up a good point. How soon before the S90 will be included into the autobuild?

« Reply #208 on: 19 / April / 2010, 16:19:57 »
Hello and welcome.

DISKBOOT.BIN needs to be on the first partition.
I do not know about CardTricks, but sdminst.exe allows you to swap partitions.

Offline ERR99

« Reply #209 on: 19 / April / 2010, 16:23:26 »
First every time I turn the camera on, the previous taken image is there, whether I disable or not the info box at the start, and that is just annoying and I can't find where to turn that option off.
To start directly into SHOOTMODE (instead of PLAYMODE), hold the ON/OFF button longer.