S90 Porting Thread

• 397 Replies
Re: S90 Porting Thread
« Reply #60 on: 12 / February / 2010, 16:06:51 »
Advertisements
thanks very much, i'll give this a go.

« Reply #61 on: 17 / February / 2010, 13:23:51 »
In case you guys need any extra motivation, there are some kite aerial photographers who are already using the S90 to take aerial photos.  They are currently using clumsy servo motors to trigger the camera.  Once CHDK is available, they will be able to trigger the camera via USB pulse which is less subject to mechanical failure and also lighter weight.  I too am hoping to be using the S90 to take aerial photos before long.

Some examples of kite aerial photography:  http://www.fluidr.com/photos/ml_kap/sets/72157605436378167

« Reply #62 on: 17 / February / 2010, 14:51:42 »
Wel now, Michael L, who do you think Microfunguy is  ?

I will give you a clue  ... it is not possible to implement your ND constant-exposure override on the G11   :)

(and maybe not on the S90 if it has an ND filter).
That is because it crashes unfortunately.

« Reply #63 on: 17 / February / 2010, 16:17:17 »
Ha!  David!

A good man is on the job!

The good news is that the S90 has a real iris, so the ND filter issue isn't a dealbreaker.  I'm hoping the lens on the S90 is better than the one on the SD870, because there's too much corner softness at f/2.8 when the ND filter is out.  Consequently I've gone back to using my ancient, brick-like S70 when there's not enough wind to lift my dSLR.

Even if there's still corner softness on the S90, being able to stop the lens down a bit should help a lot.

Already at least 2 KAPers have built S90 rigs:  http://ostro.ced.berkeley.edu/~crisr/discuss/comments.php?DiscussionID=2554&page=1#Item_0

Good luck with the porting!

« Reply #64 on: 26 / February / 2010, 09:49:04 »
How's it going? Need any beta-testers?

« Reply #65 on: 04 / March / 2010, 11:24:09 »
Hi. I just wonder if there is some news about the S90. I will get a Canon soon, and having a CHDK is a deal closer for the S90.

If you need any help with beta-testing, i be glad to help.

« Reply #66 on: 04 / March / 2010, 12:40:40 »
Anything I can do to help get this into beta I'd be glad to assist with.

Gregg

« Reply #67 on: 21 / March / 2010, 16:04:33 »
Hey Rachelkitty (or anyone), any progress on the S90 port?  I'm not a programmer but I will gladly help any way I can.

« Reply #68 on: 30 / March / 2010, 17:38:24 »
Same as Martlet: "... I'm not a programmer but I will gladly help any way I can."
It's difficult to know how we can do to help. I don't know how to start, i don't know if it's approachable to a newbie who never touch any code or programmation to start learning that... We just have a s90, and we want to help you... A kind of "for newbie developpers" could be great, but i don't know if we need two years of studies before... :)
S90

Offline reyalp

« Reply #69 on: 30 / March / 2010, 18:39:11 »
Same as Martlet: "... I'm not a programmer but I will gladly help any way I can."
It's difficult to know how we can do to help. I don't know how to start, i don't know if it's approachable to a newbie who never touch any code or programmation to start learning that...
No. It isn't. A developer is required. Without one, there is nothing you can do.
We just have a s90, and we want to help you... A kind of "for newbie developpers" could be great, but i don't know if we need two years of studies before... :)
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_for_a_new_camera
You need a good understanding of C and assembler to follow these directions. The level of knowledge required is equivalent to a year or so worth of university courses, and obviously beyond the scope of this forum and the CHDK wiki.
Don't forget what the H stands for.