supplierdeeply

S90 Porting Thread

• 397 Replies
  • Publish
    Re: S90 Porting Thread
    « Reply #130 on: 13 / April / 2010, 15:24:32 »
    Advertisements
    Scripting works fine. I ran 3 scripts. OSD works only in the AUTO mode. Seems that all functionality I've tested works fine except for the OSD working only in AUTO.

Thank you so much for the great effort and contribution you have made to CHDK.
    I've owned my S90 since the day it was release last August or September (can't remember) and have been dying to get CHDK working on this camera.

Greatfully submitted,
    Gregg

• Publish
    « Reply #131 on: 13 / April / 2010, 15:29:24 »
    Only thing I failed to mentioned is that with CHDK, the camera seems to boot slower? Outside of that, it's looking fine.

Gregg

Offline jblc

• Publish
    « Reply #132 on: 13 / April / 2010, 15:35:54 »
    Interesting.  Is that a new chdk standard?  Because with chdk on my A570IS, I dont' remember seeing this: I thought booting was normally directly into capture mode with a press of the power button.

So here is the update 101a Version:

Hi ERR99. Thanks for another update. Strangely now the camera seems to boot straight into playback mode even when the power button is pressed.
    Thats normal CHDK behaviour. You have to press the power button longer (1-2s), then the camera starts directly into shooting mode.

• Publish
    « Reply #133 on: 13 / April / 2010, 15:42:20 »
    I just wanted to add that, as someone who bought an S90 early on (100 FW) I am glad to see progress on the port.

I look forward to a successful port and eagerly offer support, encouragement and praise!

Offline jblc

• Publish
    « Reply #134 on: 13 / April / 2010, 15:49:07 »
      Thank you!

A few issues for the 101a build:

The jog dial and control pad buttons are now seemingly unresponsive most of the time, in particular when switching between manual modes.  The Menu button usually works first, and that sort of kicks the rest of the buttons into operation, but there are large periods of time when none of the control buttons work, and then all of a sudden the accumulated many actions are sent to the camera and it sort of goes crazy.

On a side note, are CCHDK.CFG files from older builds usable in newer ones?

I have here a new build for 101a. This should fix issue 1 (Powerbutton/Playbutton handling).
    For issue 2, i changed the Jogdialtask blocking code. It think it works now better (not all Jogdial events are queued and send to the camera after leaving altmode). But it is still not perfect, because one single jogdial event is still passed to the camera. I try to find a solution for that. ;)
    Issue 3 is camera related. The best way to avoid this, is to enter playmode. In this mode the original firmware does not schow the histogram. That sometimes the menu disappears is (more or less) normal. The CHDK display output was then overwritten from the canon dislplay output. Simply push a button, or use the jogdial to force a redraw of the chdk menu to workarround that.

So here is the update 101a Version:

« Last Edit: 13 / April / 2010, 15:57:08 by jblc »

• Publish
    « Reply #135 on: 13 / April / 2010, 16:15:30 »
    - Use the SDMInstaller to create two partitions on a big SDHC-Card to test if the boot for cards >=4GB is working.

Does anyone uses a card over 4GB? All my tests with 8GB and 16GB failed with SDMinstaller.

The 16GB iam using runs chdk on the g11 in the past.

• Publish
    « Reply #136 on: 13 / April / 2010, 16:57:12 »
    all my tests with 4 and 16 gig have failed. i've only been able to get a 1 gig card working.

• Publish
    « Reply #137 on: 13 / April / 2010, 17:04:41 »
    all my tests with 4 and 16 gig have failed. i've only been able to get a 1 gig card working.

thanks - so its not on me :)

• Publish
    « Reply #138 on: 13 / April / 2010, 17:09:45 »
    Interesting.  Is that a new chdk standard?  Because with chdk on my A570IS, I dont' remember seeing this: I thought booting was normally directly into capture mode with a press of the power button.

The A570IS has a hardware switch to select play/rec mode. Most newer Canon cameras do this by push-button and therefore are not set in a mode as definite as the old ones. For some reason, they all boot in play mode when CHDK is loaded (except when the power button is held for a few seconds).

Offline jblc

• Publish
    « Reply #139 on: 13 / April / 2010, 17:23:06 »

I'm using a 4Gb card on 101a, and the first build worked almost flawlessly...