S90 Porting Thread - page 20 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

S90 Porting Thread

• 397 Replies
Re: S90 Porting Thread
« Reply #190 on: 16 / April / 2010, 11:13:55 »
Advertisements
I can confirm that the USB remote is working properly.  When running a couple of different USB remote scripts and having remote enabled in the CHDK menu option, when I connect the camera to my PC with a USB cable, the camera shoots continuously.

« Reply #191 on: 16 / April / 2010, 11:36:36 »
I connected a remote I built last year and tested it. It works perfectly.

So far, this version of CHDK for the S90 purrs like a kitten, nothing I've tested appears to work any differently than how it works on my A570IS, A720IS or my S5IS.

Thanks again for the hard work and effort. The developers deserve a round of applause for their committment to this wonderfully useful piece of work. I know how much pleasure I get making my cheap P&S camera(s) perform feats not even an DSLR can perform. Keep up the fantastic work.

Gregg

« Reply #192 on: 16 / April / 2010, 11:51:44 »
BTW.

I intend to post (when I get the time) the plans I developed for a simple wireless remote control using an $10 doorbell remote. It works great and is a simple 2 hour project if your handy with a soldering iron and basic hand tools. A $3 Radio Shack box and if desired, a power switch and LEDs finish the project nicely. Total investment is under $20 US dollars for a fully decked out unit with the power switch and LED's (one for power indicator, the other for contact closure confirmation). The remote is about 2in x .75in x .5in. but depending of the type of doorbell chosen varies in size. The range is about 25 to 30 ft reliably.

I've also built several wired remotes using small, simple LED flashlights that work great. I'll post the photos and plans for those as well.

Gregg

« Reply #193 on: 16 / April / 2010, 11:59:55 »
@gsbergman  (or anyone else using USB remote)

Can you confirm the exact menu settings and script statements you are using for USB remote?  I am having trouble with a triggering device that has worked perfectly in the past and am hoping that a slightly different script and/or menu setting will get it working properly again.

« Reply #194 on: 16 / April / 2010, 12:27:14 »
I intend to post (when I get the time) the plans I developed for a simple wireless remote control using an $10 doorbell remote.

As a matter of interest, there is a feature in SDM that is specially supports such door bells.

Basically, it triggers as soon as the USB goes high and ignores any repeating pulses for a set time.

This simplified the interface electronics needed or even allowed you to connect straight to the pulse signal to the audible alarm.

David

« Reply #195 on: 16 / April / 2010, 13:22:53 »
David,

What feature is that? Where would I find it? I use SDM with my pair of A570IS cameras for stereo. I also use the doorbell remote I made with SDM. But I designed a simple circuit to hold the pulse high for a longer period (can't recall how many milliseconds) but long enough to prevent repeated firing. It works fine but this feature you speak about sounds like it would be desirable to implement into CHDK. If that were to be done, the doorbell remote would be even easier not requiring anything special to implement.

« Reply #196 on: 16 / April / 2010, 14:17:25 »
In Advanced\Miscellaneous you can set a pulse lockout time in seconds.

SDM has to be in FAST mode to trigger as soon as pulse detected so in Bracketing menu set focus mode to anything but Off.

Normally, focus mode is a continuous-shooting bracketing setting but in single-shot mode is set triggering mode to FAST.

Let us know how you get on.

David

« Reply #197 on: 16 / April / 2010, 18:24:01 »
A very nice, compact, and functional IR receiver can be used with several inexpensive ir remote controllers such as Apple's.

It works.

I have no connection with this item other than owning one and recommending it:

http://www.canoremote.de/

There are also plans on the web for DIY ones if ir is what you want/need as opposed to wired.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #198 on: 17 / April / 2010, 07:47:23 »
A very nice, compact, and functional IR receiver can be used with several inexpensive ir remote controllers such as Apple's.
--> Dirk's (stb) canoremote: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2421.0.html

<OT>
BTW - i thought, this is the S90 porting thread, not the "SDM user's guide" ;)

In Advanced\Miscellaneous you can set a pulse lockout time in seconds.
</OT>

« Reply #199 on: 17 / April / 2010, 08:18:19 »
ERR99- Thank you so much for all your efforts. CHDK ran perfectly on a 4GB card. Now, I'm trying with a 16GB, but I can't seem to make it "auto-load" CHDK. Manual Firmware Updates works fine.

Is "Miscellaneous stuff -> Swap partitions" fully implemented?

Thank you!

P.S. This is my first time running CHDK on an SDHC card (over 4GB), and I was unable to partition the SD card under Windows XP (I had to use Linux). Windows was unable to read ANY partition of my [partitioned] SD card, so any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S.S. When I select "Create card with two partitions" from CHDK, Windows XP SP3 claims the drive [SD card] is not formatted. If I agree to format it, Windows formats the entire SD card, deleting the partition table. So Windows: Case #4 doesn't really work.