Allbest - flash override with high shutter speed - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Allbest - flash override with high shutter speed

• 4 Replies

yagedk

Allbest - flash override with high shutter speed
« on: 03 / February / 2008, 10:25:57 »
Advertisements
I'm using Allbest's build to take shots of water drops with 1/60000 sec shutter speed, and I've taken these photos so far:

Now when I took these shots I had the flash on the lowest setting, which worked great. Now I'm trying to take some new shots and the flash keeps firering at max power everytime I take a shot, even if I have it on the lowest setting. If I change the shutter speed to 1/6000 sec then it works great and I can change the flash intensity up and down, but that is not fast enough to "freeze" the water drops. The annoying thing is that it worked the other day and now it doesn't..  :(

Is there a way around this?

Many thanks!!

Re: Allbest - flash override with high shutter speed
« Reply #1 on: 03 / February / 2008, 12:14:51 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:46:56 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

yagedk

« Reply #2 on: 03 / February / 2008, 13:38:52 »
Aaah manual mode did it.. Thanks! I have an S3 by the way.

Yes, a flash-output override would be very cool. For now all we can do is play with the apperture settings (I try to set it to max - f/16), the flash level and the iso and then try to find a balance so that the pictures turn out the way we want them. And then of course add an extra light source and try to fix the images in Photosnob afterwards.. :)

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #3 on: 03 / February / 2008, 14:33:56 »
did you use a special lens or the built-in macro function?

yagedk

« Reply #4 on: 03 / February / 2008, 17:47:46 »
I used the Raynox DCR-250 "snap-on" lens..