G11 porting - page 6 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

G11 porting

• 530 Replies
Re: G11 porting
« Reply #50 on: 28 / December / 2009, 07:36:44 »
Advertisements
I have a G11 and want to support this project but have nno coding skills.

Will help anyway I can though.

On the Apple headphones, the tip of the plug connects to the Left earphone +, the next ring is for the right channel, next ring is the mic and the base of the plug is common ground. Hope that helps!

« Reply #51 on: 28 / December / 2009, 08:53:49 »
Hope that helps!

Thanks Steven.

We really need to know how the wires are connected to whatever plug is being used.

We also need to know if the sound-card is providing a bias voltage on the ring.
If not, an external voltage may be needed.

When the led is blinked the input to the sound card microphone input needs to be tens of millivolts.

« Reply #52 on: 28 / December / 2009, 10:06:42 »

On the Apple headphones, the tip of the plug connects to the Left earphone +, the next ring is for the right channel, next ring is the mic and the base of the plug is common ground. Hope that helps!

Thank you for your contribution, Stephen! :)

We also need to know if the sound-card is providing a bias voltage on the ring. If not, an external voltage may be needed.

How exactly to find out? With the testmeter?

-kingcang

Offline ERR99

« Reply #53 on: 28 / December / 2009, 10:10:34 »
My receiver hw is not working

You need to get that working.

What circuit are you using ?
I tried the simple phototransistor->soundcard cable. But i can only see something sampled in the audiosoftware if i use my 430EX Flash on the phototransistor, nohting happens with "normal" led light. Then i tried the com port interface (phototransistor, 10KOhm resistor) but i cant receive anything with load.exe or realterm.

I am not sure if the phototransistor from the mice is a good choise, i orderd now some photodiodes and other stuff to build the rs232 blinking interface (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Blinking_the_firmware_to_the_RS232_interface). Lets hope this will better work, but now i have to wait until my order is delivered.

« Reply #54 on: 28 / December / 2009, 10:21:50 »

I am not sure if the phototransistor from the mice is a good choise, i orderd now some photodiodes and other stuff to build the rs232 blinking interface..

Why would the phototransistor work any different than the ones bought in a store? Today I bought the last ingredients for my own receiver hardware, except for the phototransistor. If it really would be a better choice to buy one instead of using the ones from a ball-driven mouse, please tell me.

Also it would be important for me to know exactly which one would be best to built.
It might be possible for me to buy a phototransistor today and finish the receiver somewhere during this week...

-kingcang
« Last Edit: 28 / December / 2009, 10:26:17 by kingcang »

« Reply #55 on: 28 / December / 2009, 10:39:59 »
How exactly to find out? With the testmeter?

Yes.

If you are going to use the Ipod lead cut it as I told you.

If not, buy a jack plug and solder some wires to it.

Once you have done one of the above I can tell you what to do next.

Does your sound card microphone input use a stereo jack ?

« Reply #56 on: 28 / December / 2009, 10:43:24 »
I tried the simple phototransistor->soundcard cable.

Before you try the more complicated circuit tell me the colour of each wire and which part of the jack-plug it connects to.

Is there a voltage between ring and shield when it is plugged into the sound card ?

« Reply #57 on: 28 / December / 2009, 10:47:58 »

« Reply #58 on: 28 / December / 2009, 11:06:09 »
You can use a photransistor or photodiode as long as they can detect visible light.
The ones in a mouse mainly detect infra-red but some may also detect visible light.
You do not know until you try it.

I cannot give you any further help until you answer my question, does your sound-card use a mono jack plug or a stereo jack plug ?

If you are not sure, find out from the sound-card manual or online.

« Reply #59 on: 28 / December / 2009, 11:21:41 »

I cannot give you any further help until you answer my question, does your sound-card use a mono jack plug or a stereo jack plug ?

Using stereo jack plugs is pretty much standard in todays technology - all of my sound cards support stereo jack plugs. Keep going, Microfunguy...

-kingcang
« Last Edit: 28 / December / 2009, 13:12:21 by kingcang »