G11 porting - page 33 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

G11 porting

• 530 Replies
Re: G11 porting
« Reply #320 on: 21 / January / 2010, 06:45:00 »
Advertisements
There's a G10 port thread, which has stalled, you could try making some noise there. You'll need to either wait for someone who has a G10 and who is willing to work, or get down and dirty and do it yourself. Some of the effort used to get CHDK running on the G11 might help, but unless you get someone a G10 and somehow convince them to port it for you, you'll have to wait like everyone else.

Offline ERR99

« Reply #321 on: 21 / January / 2010, 16:57:02 »
Here is a second betaversion release of my CHDK build for the G11.

Changes in Beta V2:
- Enabled Config Autosave
- Fixed crash in Scriptmenu if @titel tag in scriptfile is very long.
- Enabled CAM_QUALITY_OVERRIDE, so SUPERFINE JPEG compression is now available via CHDK.

PS.FI2 Version of build is still not working correctly. The G11 switches off, shortly after start of CHDK (and shows Errorcode E31). So only diskboot.bin version is available.

« Reply #322 on: 22 / January / 2010, 12:11:11 »
my CHDKed A620 "left me" three months ago...
so I bought my G11 just hoping someone would start soon with the new building...

ergo... ERR99, you're my hero!
Thanks for all your efforts  :)
« Last Edit: 22 / January / 2010, 12:23:56 by crodaiolo »

« Reply #323 on: 22 / January / 2010, 13:41:33 »
I have been following this for the past month, and was thrilled to see a beta version of the build.  Went out and purchased the G11 today, with the 100j version of the firmware loaded.  I had been using a G9 and the SDM version of CHDK, along with a Intervelometer Script.  I powered up the G11, and the script worked great on the first try.  Awesome!  I'd be happy to help test the build, and will post any issues as I find them.  Thank you!

« Reply #324 on: 22 / January / 2010, 16:44:10 »
Not sure if you even want issues with scripting on the G11 posted here, but I found something that works on my G9, but not the G11. 

Code: [Select]
:shoot_video
press "dm_movie"
sleep 3000
press "shoot_full"
sleep 500
release "shoot_full"
sleep 3000
rem start of video delay loop
for n=1 to h
sleep 1000
next n
press "shoot_full"
sleep 500
release "shoot_full"
sleep 3000
release "dm_movie"
sleep 3000
return

This is part of the Wind Watcher KAP script, and this routine allows for video recording.  The entire script has an option for the user to select if they want video, or just pictures as part of an intervelometer.  If I don't call this routine, the script works fine. 

« Reply #325 on: 22 / January / 2010, 17:25:58 »
That is an old WindWatcher script that used Dave Mitchell's original method of switching to movie mode.
It relies on overriding the memory-mapped I/O value of the mode dial position.
The G11 port (and CHDK) do not support that.
As Dave mentioned on the KAP Group, SDM added the simpler 'shoot_movie_for' uBasic command.

e.g.

shoot_movie_for 15

captures a fifteen second movie.

When SDM is ported to the G11 that command (and other KAP features) will be supported.

That will include control of a forthcoming commercail device.

« Last Edit: 22 / January / 2010, 17:31:56 by Microfunguy »

« Reply #326 on: 23 / January / 2010, 02:29:26 »
Not sure if this is the place to ask but will there be a Bulb setting, allowing the shutter to remain open as long as the shutter is depressed (by a remote)??

Thanks,

Steve

« Reply #327 on: 23 / January / 2010, 12:49:31 »
I have a G11 with firmware version GM1.00F and when trying to load the DISKBOOT.BIN from this thread the camera appears dead. It shows no response to pressing the on/off or play buttons. It stays that way until i unlock/switch the sd card and remove the battery for a second. What would you suggest i should do to dump the firmware? If possible i could also update to the latest firmware version.

« Reply #328 on: 23 / January / 2010, 14:11:12 »
I have a G11 with firmware version GM1.00F and when trying to load the DISKBOOT.BIN from this thread the camera appears dead. It shows no response to pressing the on/off or play buttons. It stays that way until i unlock/switch the sd card and remove the battery for a second. What would you suggest i should do to dump the firmware? If possible i could also update to the latest firmware version.

It is not possible to update the firmware of your camera unless Canon brings out an updated firmware, which it has not done for the G11. The differences between firmware versions like 1.00f, g and h are usually very small, but, as you have discovered, can be big enough to need another version of CHDK.

So I would advise you to dump this firmware version and maybe someone can look at it and see if they can adapt the current beta for this firmware version.

Offline ERR99

« Reply #329 on: 23 / January / 2010, 17:56:11 »
I have a G11 with firmware version GM1.00F... What would you suggest i should do to dump the firmware? If possible i could also update to the latest firmware version.
Lets try a modified udumper. I am not sure if it works with 1.00F, but we will see. ;)
So do this steps:
- Use cardtricks to create a standard udumper sd-card with the dummy file (Click on "NewDryOs" button)
- replace then the diskboot.bin on the sd-card with the attached one
- Switch on write protect on the sd-card, put it in the camera, and start camera in playmode.

If everything works, you will see that the ISO-LED and the AF-Light goes on. If it so, wait 1..2 Minutes, then remove the battery and check the dump in cardtricks with the "Strings" button. If you see a lot of ASCII Strings/Text everything works ok. Use then the "clean" button to let cardtricks remove the useless trailing bytes and save the resulting dump on your harddisk.
« Last Edit: 20 / April / 2010, 12:03:59 by ERR99 »