G11 porting - page 36 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

G11 porting

• 530 Replies
Re: G11 porting
« Reply #350 on: 26 / January / 2010, 16:30:08 »
Advertisements
Oh yes, you are right, a bug! I played arround with altmode keymasking and used a wrong keymask. ;)
So here comes 1.00f Beta V2, now also the right/flash key should work in playmode.
The key now seems to be working properly. Thank you!

Offline ERR99

« Reply #351 on: 27 / January / 2010, 05:10:07 »
When do you think the builds will be ready to add to the trunk ?
The main part of the port is now done i think, i did not heared anything about real show-stopping bugs.
But for a integration into the trunk, there are adaptions in the CHDK core needed (releated to the new dryos #r39 features, e.g. the stat() function). I rebased my build to the current trunk, but as far i can see, this changes (from RaduP, see SD980 porting thread) are still not available in the trunk. Or is there another developing/experimental/testing branch available for new ports? I used this one for my work: https://tools.assembla.com/svn/chdk/trunk
Also the gui core needs a bugfix to avoid camera crash, caused by long script titles and "small" bitmap display width.

Another unsolved problem is the strange behaviour of the Firmwareboot/PS.FI2 methode ("E31" errorcode is shown during startup of CHDK, then camera shuts down without producing a error log).

Offline ERR99

« Reply #352 on: 30 / January / 2010, 13:06:33 »
Okay, i think my work on the G11 port is now done. So i posted the sources here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,650.msg46343.html#msg46343.  :D

« Reply #353 on: 31 / January / 2010, 13:45:23 »
Here is a second betaversion release of my CHDK build for the G11.

Changes in Beta V2:
- Enabled Config Autosave
- Fixed crash in Scriptmenu if @titel tag in scriptfile is very long.
- Enabled CAM_QUALITY_OVERRIDE, so SUPERFINE JPEG compression is now available via CHDK.

PS.FI2 Version of build is still not working correctly. The G11 switches off, shortly after start of CHDK (and shows Errorcode E31). So only diskboot.bin version is available.

I tested the CHDK features on my A610 and now I have the latest V2 (for FW GM1.00J) installed on my G11. With CAM_QUALITY_OVERRIDE enabled (works as described in the CHDK handbook) I took pairs of shots with quality sup.fine and without (toggle: shutter half released and button DOWN pressed).
Using the internal file browser I compared the size of the files. There was no difference in most cases.
Is the difference in quality really so minimal that it cannot be judged from the file size ?
Did anyone alread test this feature?
A610, G11, CHDK

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #354 on: 31 / January / 2010, 17:11:59 »
The G11 port is now in the official CHDK source tree (since changeset #871).

The latest binaries are available from the CHDK Autobuild server.

The autobuild server now serves 3 G11 versions (BETA state):

• G11 1.00f
  • G11 1.00j
  • G11 1.00k (this is simply a copy of the 1.00j version, it will also report 1.00j in the splash screen / CHDK fw info box)

Note: the manual loading method (ps.fi2, with "Firmware update" from the Canon menu) does NOT WORK yet !

Offline ERR99

« Reply #355 on: 31 / January / 2010, 17:20:54 »
I tested the CHDK features on my A610 and now I have the latest V2 (for FW GM1.00J) installed on my G11. With CAM_QUALITY_OVERRIDE enabled (works as described in the CHDK handbook) I took pairs of shots with quality sup.fine and without (toggle: shutter half released and button DOWN pressed).
Using the internal file browser I compared the size of the files. There was no difference in most cases.
Is the difference in quality really so minimal that it cannot be judged from the file size ?
Did anyone alread test this feature?
The file size difference is huge. I (re)tested the feature (also the V2 Beta) and superfine works normal (i think). I got a filesize differences (between fine and superfine) from 1..2 MB, if i shoot the same scene.

Offline ERR99

« Reply #356 on: 31 / January / 2010, 17:27:06 »
The G11 port is now in the official CHDK source tree (since changeset #871).
Cool! Thanks for the very fast integration!  :D

Hopefully now also other developers  with a G11 can help to fix this nasty PS.FI2 problem (i have currently now idea why this "E31" error is shown) , and maybe this codebase helps pushing the S90 CHDK port a little.

« Reply #357 on: 31 / January / 2010, 17:39:12 »
Thanks for the very fast integration!  :D

In the next few days I will try to port to SDM, that should keep me occupied for some time !

maybe this codebase helps pushing the S90 CHDK port a little.

It is a pity that rachelkitty seems to have walked away from this.
We have not heard anything from the person who started that thread either.

« Reply #358 on: 01 / February / 2010, 13:45:01 »
Nice to see the progression of G11 CHDK development. I know I didn't contribute much at all, but I'm departing from Hong Kong tomorrow, leaving behind my dad's G11 as well, which means I can't contribute anything any more. ='[
Best of luck, I'll be keeping an eye on the thread with my trusty old G7 next to me. =]

Offline RaduP

« Reply #359 on: 03 / February / 2010, 20:08:16 »
Great job guys. I've been very busy lately and I missed this thread, but I am glad my previous work helped you.
If you need my latest SD980 source, let me know.