G11 porting

• 530 Replies

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: G11 porting
« Reply #490 on: 03 / June / 2010, 05:36:28 »
Advertisements
Is there a script that will turn off all the leds on the g11?
No; LED's can be switched on & off with CHDK scripting commands, but the camera can enable the LED's at anytime again.

I don't even know what egg timer is.  :(
It's a simple script to demonstrate CHDK scripting; use your Canon as a simple egg-timer...

« Reply #491 on: 06 / June / 2010, 15:12:18 »
For HDR, is there a way to over-ride the 3-exposure bracketing and use a 5 exposure range instead?

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #492 on: 07 / June / 2010, 07:22:51 »
For HDR, is there a way to over-ride the 3-exposure bracketing and use a 5 exposure range instead?
Yes, of course - use the custom timer mode, adjustable from 2 to 10 shots. ;)
You can also use a script for an unlimited number of shots, for fastest speed you may try my fast shooter script.

Online reyalp

« Reply #493 on: 13 / June / 2010, 18:12:53 »
I thought these two threads should be mentioned here:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,5322.0.html
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,5279.0.html

It would be good to know if any other CHDK users with the affected versions have anything to report.

I'm not convinced either caused by CHDK, but the possibility cannot be completely ruled out.

I think it would be good to start a wiki page as a clearing house for reported (possible) damage. If we ever do end up with a situation where are particular CHDK version is causing problems, we want to be able to recognize it at the earliest possible time, and that will require noticing a patter that is too unlikely to be coincidence.

edit:
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Camera_failures_suspected_to_be_caused_by_CHDK
« Last Edit: 13 / June / 2010, 19:57:44 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #494 on: 16 / June / 2010, 11:32:59 »
Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum and I have one problem and one question.

1 / I can't run the FW on my G11 (I tried with two different versions). Note: FW works fine on my G9.

2 / Is it possible to control the Capture and ZoomIn/Out functions with the USB by sending command with gPhoto (for example) ?

Thank you in advance,
« Last Edit: 16 / June / 2010, 11:38:27 by Remiii »

« Reply #495 on: 29 / June / 2010, 03:42:49 »
hey, well i have used CHDK for my ixus for some years and i realy liked it so when i saw that chdk works for g11 i bought it. i have found some bugs on the L version if you are intrested.

1 In videomode when recording if i push the "macro"(flower) button the video frezes and the camera shuts down with the lens open and the video is not saved,
i have the options:

video mode, Quality
video bitrate 3x
fast video control on
video quality control on
enable optical zoom on
af key set-button

its not a big issue but it can be irritating to loose a video if you accidentliy push the button.

2 the chdk-raw saving dont work for me, all chdk-raw files are the same size and i cant open them up, i have tested all settings in the menu.

i wonder if anyone else got raw working and what is the difference between chdk-raw files and the camera-raw files, the thing i know is that it takes a lot more time to capture a chdk-raw.

Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum and I have one problem and one question.

1 / I can't run the FW on my G11 (I tried with two different versions). Note: FW works fine on my G9.

2 / Is it possible to control the Capture and ZoomIn/Out functions with the USB by sending command with gPhoto (for example) ?

Thank you in advance,

have you checked so that the chdk-firmware version is the same as for your camera-fimware version?
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Ver.req#Q._How_can_I_get_the_original_firmware_version_number_of_my_camera.3F

du you have used cardtrix to make you card bootable? and the lock switch on?

and 2 check the post at the top of this (or previous) page.
« Last Edit: 29 / June / 2010, 03:50:42 by totaltmega »

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #496 on: 29 / June / 2010, 05:16:22 »
Hello & welcome, totaltmega !

1 In videomode when recording if i push the "macro"(flower) button the video frezes and the camera shuts down with the lens open and the video is not saved
video bitrate 3x
fast video control on
Does it also crash with a lower bitrate, with the standard 1x ?
Does it also crash with "fast video control" set to off ? (this feature is known to crash on most cameras)

the chdk-raw saving dont work for me, all chdk-raw files are the same size and i cant open them up, i have tested all settings in the menu.
CHDK RAW's are unmodified sensor dumps, the file size is always the same; most software don't work with that format, you may try apps based on the latest DCRAW version...
The CHDK RAWs are not comparable to Canon RAWs, they do not include any additional meta data, no file header...

You may try the CHDK DNG support, most imaging apps can work with the DNG image format...

« Reply #497 on: 29 / June / 2010, 07:02:10 »
thank you for the reply and if i disable fast video control it doesn't crash :)
my raws have been corrupted and dcaw couldn't convert them but somehow i managed to make one raw file work ant it was a little bit bigger in file size than the other and .dng files works too.
i may have been because i hadn't made a badpixel.bin so i made one using the badpixel.lua script and then it worked. i just have to figure out what setting i used when i made the raw that wasn't corrupted :)

Online reyalp

« Reply #498 on: 29 / June / 2010, 13:45:15 »
i just have to figure out what setting i used when i made the raw that wasn't corrupted :)
There is no way for CHDK raw to be corrupted, since it isn't a format in the first place. The file is "valid" regardless of the contents, there's no meta data to be corrupted or interpreted wrongly. It's possible for the image to include invalid data, but there's no way any program will notice, it would just show a garbage image. The only other factor is the size of the file, which some programs use to guess what camera it comes from, but that's unlikely to change since it's a compile time constant.

It is possible to save DNG format with a CRW or CR2 extension, which programs may open correctly as DNG if they read the header.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #499 on: 29 / June / 2010, 16:51:43 »
okey i get it :). I have made a few more tests and i can just open the .DNG files and .CRW files that are DNG files but without the .DNG file-extension. I cant open the original .CRW files with my raw programs like UFRaw based on DCRAW. I dont think it is suported.
i suppose i will only use the .DNG raws i the future.

which raw format is the best? (most bit per chanel) the CHDK-DNG or G11 own CR2 format ~15mb vs ~10mb. well it must be some lack of bits per chanel in the CR2 files due to size.