Need help running badpixel.bin - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

Need help running badpixel.bin

• 6 Replies
Need help running badpixel.bin
« on: 28 / December / 2009, 19:39:22 »
Advertisements
I tried to set the raw options to format as DNG and it keeps telling me to run badpixel lua. So I got to the scripting and find the badpixel.lua select it and press the shutter release. the camera takes several shots and the asks me to save badpixel.bin so I press "set" and get a "finished" Now when ever I start in the ALT mode I get "Create badpixel.bin <ALT>. Now when I take a picture it still comes out as JPEG rather than DNG. I am just totally confused

Offline reyalp

Re: Need help running badpixel.bin
« Reply #1 on: 29 / December / 2009, 00:05:44 »
You need to enable DNG after creating the badpixel.bin. Not that you must check both "save raw" and "dng format"

The "create badpixel.bin" is just the description of the currently selected script.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 29 / December / 2009, 07:02:59 »
I am missing a step somewhere. The "Create badpixel.bin"  never goes away after I save it. It always there when I am in the record mode press the shutter release it starts running the script again. I had the RAW/DNG working before with a previous version and after I ran the initial badpixel script and saved all I ever saw when I hit the shortcut was <ALT>. As I understand it any time there is a script description showing it will run that script when the shutter is released

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 29 / December / 2009, 07:27:37 »
The "Create badpixel.bin"  never goes away after I save it. It always there when I am in the record mode press the shutter release it starts running the script again.

Why are you doing this (pressing the shutter while you're in <Alt> mode) ?

In <Alt> mode the shutter button starts the loaded (or last loaded) script - leave <Alt> mode before shooting !

You can load the "Default.bas" script to "unload" the last loaded script (to not accidentally start a script)...

« Reply #4 on: 30 / December / 2009, 10:53:20 »
Okay that all makes sense but still I am having problems. Here is what I am doing.

I format the SD card and load the CHDK files on the card from a card reader. I insert the card and update the firmware from the review mode. From the CHDK Misc stuff I turn off splash screen and select autoboot from card. I turn off camera, remove card and turn lock on. I reinstall card, start camera in record mode. I start CHDK with shortcut button and from scripting parameters I load badpixel.lua. I run the script by pressing the release with lens blanked off and save. I return to the CHDK menu and select  from RAW Parameters; Save RAW, DNG Format, "DNG" file extension and RAW buffer cached. I click on shortcut button and take pictures. When I connect to PC to get pictures all I have is CRW and JPG; no DNG

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #5 on: 30 / December / 2009, 12:56:31 »
When I connect to PC to get pictures all I have is CRW and JPG; no DNG
Not all cameras can transfer RAW/DNG files via USB connection on MS Windows.
Use a card reader to transfer the images...

« Reply #6 on: 30 / December / 2009, 19:15:07 »
Ahha  that's it. I forgot about the card reader. Thank you very much.