Fast MD with burst/preview mode - page 7 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

Fast MD with burst/preview mode

• 232 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: Fast MD with burst/preview mode
« Reply #60 on: 30 / May / 2008, 18:09:47 »
Advertisements
How to do this ? In your script there no line with LCD Off.
What the code I must add in your script for "disable LCD OFf"

you should definitly read the guide that can be found here:

CHDK End-User's Guide 03  - 16-MAY-08

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #61 on: 31 / May / 2008, 04:41:57 »

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #62 on: 31 / May / 2008, 04:51:19 »
How to do this ? In your script there no line with LCD Off.
What the code I must add in your script for "disable LCD OFf"
Read my answer again. And Phyrephox's answer too... It's not a script feature, it's a CHDK feature.

Long exposure: Just because, I want to see the landscape near/behind the storm.... Do you thing that the Flash of lighting is enough to light the landscape ? I've saw somme shots and the authors say that it put shutter speed to 10 or 15 seconds.
I want to put the camera for 1 or 2 hours waiting Thunderstorm and shoot itself with MD

Quite likely the lightning will light up the landscape. Of course, a slower shutter speed will not overexpose the scene easily because the flash is short. I can't know what will work for you the best, you need to try. In any case, without MD you wouldn't have the option of using fast shutter speeds, because you would miss most lightings and fill your memory card with useless shots. With MD you can use faster shutter speeds if they expose your scene nicely.

I don't understand, it 's the ixus 850 firmware that I Use. Is there a place where we can see what function are suported or not by this camera ?
See the documentation. The same camera model may be on the market with several different firmware versions, some new, some old, some for different geographical areas.

Offline fbalb

• Ixus 860
« Reply #63 on: 31 / May / 2008, 15:49:59 »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #64 on: 31 / May / 2008, 16:42:01 »
On the ixus 850 it was on [ALT] and screen shut off, I put it on [Script] and now it doesn't shut off
yeah i noticed this behaviour as well, on my s3is it works as intended, but on the a620 when for example i use the text reader, the camera will shut off even though it is set to [ALT]. this seems to be a bug.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #65 on: 01 / June / 2008, 03:46:15 »
Actually, now that you mention it... I had some trouble understanding how that's supposed to work. On my a570is 1.00e the [ALT] selection prevents LCD off in CHDK menu, file browser, text file reader, sokoban but not in a script. [SCRIPT] selection disables it for good.

That's a bit misleading, since scripts are run in alt mode...

Offline veti

• A630
« Reply #66 on: 01 / June / 2008, 05:21:00 »
I've been playing with some lightening scripts including this one and have a question about the actual shooting. Most scripts seem to use this as the base :-

press "shoot_half"
  md_detect_motion <params>
click "shoot_full"

but fudgey's script uses :-

press "shoot_half"
  md_detect_motion <params>
release "shoot_full" 

so where does the press/click "shoot full" get done that is released ? ... and is that any faster than doing the "click" in the other scripts ?

Is there some sort of relation between the shoot_half and shoot_full where one can release the other ?

great scripts , its great fun playing with them :)

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #67 on: 01 / June / 2008, 05:40:00 »
Code: [Select]
                                                        PARAMETERS: 1-make immediate shoot,
                                                        |   2-log debug information into file,
                                                        |   4-dump liveview image from RAM to a file,
                                                        |   8-on immediate shoot, don't release shutter.
                                                        |   OR-ed values are accepted, e.g. use 9 for
                                                        |   immediate shoot & don't release shutter
md_detect_motion a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p

(1 = "click shoot_full", 9 = "press shoot_full")
triggering shutter with n set to e.g. 1 or 9 should be faster than triggering it after comparing the returned variable etc.
and with the current implementation of Lua it's the only way to trigger shutter with motion detection

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #68 on: 01 / June / 2008, 05:53:33 »
As Juicifier said, it's the MD command itself that presses the shutter in my scripts (in fast mode). Each uBasic line takes 10 ms to execute so on uBasic this should be faster (by typically something like 10 or 20 ms) than shooting using click or press "shutter_full" after md_detect_motion returns.

There are other scripts using the immediate shoot as well, but they usually use n=1 using which MD clicks the shutter and thus doesn't allow bursts other than the slower Canon built-in custom timer ones.

« Reply #69 on: 03 / June / 2008, 13:04:24 »
Ok, i don't know if i'm stupid or something but it won't shoot in slow mode when the dial is on auto. The fast mode will shoot with the exect same settings. What's the problem?