Fast MD with burst/preview mode - page 9 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Fast MD with burst/preview mode

• 232 Replies
Re: Fast MD with burst/preview mode
« Reply #80 on: 04 / July / 2008, 21:24:25 »
Advertisements
I wished that this forum site host would state clearly that unregistered user can't see the code attachments.  I wasted hours searching for the codes mentioned in this forum, couldn't find it, thought that I just have to copy the code snippet on my own then wasted more time using bad code snippet... :(

Now, I finally see what everyone is talking about and will try it.  The monsoon is happening here in AZ and I hope to get some lightning pictures.

« Reply #81 on: 05 / July / 2008, 03:44:51 »
Found out that G7 is actually using Digic II version of get_prop so I modified "get_prop 206" to "get_prop 205" and it works fine.  Captured firework http://picasaweb.google.com/tommystus/Firework just fine. :)

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #82 on: 05 / July / 2008, 04:24:49 »
Hm... another one like that. Well, here's a list processed from CHDK source code include/camera.h. If your camera lists Digic II proset, you should generally try Digic II versions of scripts even if your camera is listed as Digic III in http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers#Cameras_overview or Canon's marketing material.

Code: [Select]
a450 Digic III propset
a460 Digic III propset
a530 Digic II propset
a540 Digic II propset
a550 Digic III propset
a560 Digic III propset
a570 Digic III propset
a610 Digic II propset
a620 Digic II propset
a630 Digic II propset
a640 Digic II propset
a650 Digic III propset
a700 Digic II propset
a710 Digic II propset
a720 Digic III propset
g7 Digic II propset
ixus50_sd400 Digic II propset
ixus55_sd450 Digic II propset
ixus65_sd630 Digic II propset
ixus700_sd500 Digic II propset
ixus70_sd1000 Digic III propset
ixus800_sd700 Digic II propset
ixus850_sd800 Digic II propset
ixus860_sd870 Digic III propset
ixus950_sd850 Digic III propset
s2is Digic II propset
s3is Digic II propset
s5is Digic III propset
tx1 Digic III propset

And since I think there's not enough comedy in this thread, here's the command I used (honest!) to generate that list from allbest trunk 430:   :haha

Code: [Select]
grep -B 1 "#define CAM_PROPSET" include/camera.h | tr '\n' '%' | sed s/"--%"/""/g | sed s/")%"/""/g | tr '%' '\n' | sed s/\ \ \*/\ /g | tr -d "(" | cut -d ' ' -f 3,6 | sed s/" 1"/" Digic II propset"/ | sed s/" 2"/" Digic III propset"/ | sed s/CAMERA_/""/ | sort

« Reply #83 on: 05 / July / 2008, 21:35:46 »
More bad news for the G7:  In slow mode, the screen goes blank after the first timeout and hangs until interrupted.  It works fine if there's an event captured before the timeout.  I don't really need this mode (yet).  Just FYI.  I'm using Allbest build 50.

Edit:  Never mind.  Should have searched this thread.
The fix is to go to menu->miscelaneous stuff->Disable LCD off == [Script]
« Last Edit: 05 / July / 2008, 22:03:22 by tomsim »

« Reply #84 on: 15 / July / 2008, 23:52:50 »
Hi, I am a beginner with chdk, and I'm trying to get this script working on my SD800IS.

I ran a simple test with the default settings on the script by dropping a blue ball on against a light colored wall. I set the camera on a desk so that about 2ft of the wall was visible on the LCD. Dropping the ball made the camera take a picture, but I was rarely able to get the ball in the picture.

I am using this version of the script: MDFB-080419-DigicII

How can I adjust the settings so that the ball will appear in the images? Also, I am not familiar with what each of the settings does. Is there a guide that explains how to optimize them for any situation? What should script shoot delay be set to?

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #85 on: 16 / July / 2008, 12:45:28 »
I ran a simple test with the default settings on the script by dropping a blue ball on against a light colored wall. I set the camera on a desk so that about 2ft of the wall was visible on the LCD. Dropping the ball made the camera take a picture, but I was rarely able to get the ball in the picture.

How can I adjust the settings so that the ball will appear in the images? Also, I am not familiar with what each of the settings does. Is there a guide that explains how to optimize them for any situation? What should script shoot delay be set to?

See the documentation (*.txt) on this post:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,471.msg11856.html#msg11856

There are too many "situations" to recommend any set of parameters for a job. You'll just have to understand each parameter and figure out what they mean for your scene colors, brightness, speed of motion, size of moving object, color of moving object etc.

For a blue ball I'd try the blue (B) channel and threshold as low as possible. Fast mode MD reaction time varies, the state-of-art is steadily below 100 ms, but current allbest releases don't do quite that well steadily (you can probably trust it to always lay between 70 and 250 ms). Try calculating how fast your ball moves...it's very much possible that it's just too fast.

Set script shoot delay to a value as low as what works for you for each script. But I think it doesn't have any effect on MDFB in fast mode (which is the default).

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #86 on: 17 / July / 2008, 14:46:17 »
Hi all, I cooked up a maintenance release:

What's new in MDFB-080716 (compared to 080419):
- Added test mode (Shoot fast=0,slow=1,test=2). In this mode no pictures will be taken, but the motion detector grid will be drawn and results of each detection are printed on the console. It's good for tweaking masks, thresholds etc. without having to worry about deleting all the test images.
- Added test and warning message about flashlight usage to script start.
- Fixed autoexposure on timeout for both fast md loops.
- Documentation improvements (more tips, camera model list etc).

The script MDFB-080716 is attached to this message in a zip file containing documentation and 4 script versions for different sorts of cameras. If you can't see the attachment, you must log in.

And for those who are too lazy to read the documentation: Use the Digic II version with IXUS850IS/SD800IS and G7.

As usual, only the "DigicIII" version has been tested and only on a570is. Still, this should work on all CHDK capable cameras as long as you select the correct script version and use a recent CHDK build.

(Note to moderators: This thread should be moved to "Completed and Working Scripts".)

« Reply #87 on: 17 / July / 2008, 16:28:50 »
Tha

See the documentation (*.txt) on this post:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,471.msg11856.html#msg11856

There are too many "situations" to recommend any set of parameters for a job. You'll just have to understand each parameter and figure out what they mean for your scene colors, brightness, speed of motion, size of moving object, color of moving object etc.

For a blue ball I'd try the blue (B) channel and threshold as low as possible. Fast mode MD reaction time varies, the state-of-art is steadily below 100 ms, but current allbest releases don't do quite that well steadily (you can probably trust it to always lay between 70 and 250 ms). Try calculating how fast your ball moves...it's very much possible that it's just too fast.

Set script shoot delay to a value as low as what works for you for each script. But I think it doesn't have any effect on MDFB in fast mode (which is the default).

Thanks, I've been playing with your script more. I get around 250ms detection with my camera. Is this suitable for capturing lightning?

Also, my camera has a movie option on the main dial, but it is not a button, so I am NOT using the movie button version. I wanted to make sure that I am using the right script.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #88 on: 17 / July / 2008, 16:48:55 »
Thanks, I've been playing with your script more. I get around 250ms detection with my camera. Is this suitable for capturing lightning?

That's a bit on the slow side, so it's likely that you'll only get some of the the longest lightnings from a storm. You'll know it's working properly but too slow (or pointed at the wrong part of the sky) if the camera keeps trying to shoot all lightnings, but you just can't find any lightnings in the resulting images.

Also, my camera has a movie option on the main dial, but it is not a button, so I am NOT using the movie button version. I wanted to make sure that I am using the right script.

Yes that's correct. Movie button is something they have on the S series (like S3IS) and TX1, but AFAIK not on A series or IXUS/SD series cameras.

Offline fvdk

• Ixus 70 1.01b / 1.02a & Powershot A590is 1.01b
    • My Flickr photo page
« Reply #89 on: 17 / July / 2008, 16:52:13 »
Hi, thanks for this script, i'm trying to figure out the best settings for my SD1000.

If i go to the script parameters, i get the following options:

Columns
Rows
Treshold
Compare interval (ms)
Trigger Delay
Channel
Burst/Review/Video Time
Pixel Step
Masking
-   Mask Columns Left
<-Back