Fast MD with burst/preview mode - page 11 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Fast MD with burst/preview mode

• 232 Replies

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: Fast MD with burst/preview mode
« Reply #100 on: 04 / August / 2008, 16:57:12 »
Advertisements
I have a small problem using this script using an ixus750(SD550). From what I understand it is supposed to continuously monitor for movement, that is, loop when it takes the first image.

Right before the code I posted earlier I added 'release "shoot_half"' and it appears to work like it should, just changing shoot_full to shoot_half did not work. Feedback appreciated, and I hope I just have not missed a newer release with this fixed.

I believe the ixus750 is a newly ported model. I haven't been following its development, so I don't know how complete the port is.

The behavior of release "shoot_full" has been discussed before, though. It has appeared to work on all cameras before as far as I know even without releasing shoot_half before it. That's why I've left it out (for efficiency; all lines take up precious code space and 10 ms of time per line). I don't have the time to dig the thread for your reference, but for what I remember, a release "shoot_half" command doesn't really work as you might think it does if you have already full pressed the shutter (by a press command or via md_detect_motion).

But it looks like you need it on the ixus750. I'm not sure if this is because there's something incomplete in the ixus750 port or that it's the first one that needs shoot_half released for the shoot state loop to work. I'm guessing the latter, which means I'll have to eventually add those commands there as well.

Just to check: I'm assuming you were using MDFB-080716-DigicII.bas with no Ae lock, flash disabled, in dialmode position other than AUTO. Not that the version or mode matter really.

« Reply #101 on: 05 / August / 2008, 17:15:49 »
I have the exact same issue as ErikH but I have an SD450(IXUS55).  Using Allbest 51-462 and everything you mentioned in your last post.  Other than that it seems to work great.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #102 on: 06 / August / 2008, 06:07:23 »
Ok, does the attached version work for you? I added release "shoot_half" after each release "shoot_full".

« Reply #103 on: 06 / August / 2008, 14:37:13 »
Yep, that works. 

Offline ano

« Reply #104 on: 08 / August / 2008, 11:59:20 »
Thanks for the MD script. it worked at the first try on the Ixus 860.
How can I optimise for further speed?
I disabled flash and review, what else can I do?

« Reply #105 on: 10 / September / 2008, 20:24:08 »
just installed 411, the older version on a A720IS..... works very nicely..... Need to set the specs.

Now i can see who is dumping animal waste in my front yard.

Great job

« Reply #106 on: 13 / September / 2008, 03:36:41 »

version 716 is working as well on the A720IS w allbest 50.

But in fast mode only, in slow mode it takes one shot after MD, then the LCD goes to sleep after 1min (same w older version) The timeout is set at 10 mins.

It may have to do w the focusing.... the green light does not lit in slow mode after the first pict is taken, it does not even blink orange.

At least the weather has been a real San Fran classic: thick fog... so no dog walkers has come to let the animal take a $%# on the grass.

Cheers

Michel

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #107 on: 13 / September / 2008, 03:46:14 »
But in fast mode only, in slow mode it takes one shot after MD, then the LCD goes to sleep after 1min (same w older version) The timeout is set at 10 mins.

It may have to do w the focusing.... the green light does not lit in slow mode after the first pict is taken, it does not even blink orange.

In fast mode the script keeps shutter half-pressed while detecting. In slow mode it doesn't. Thus it does not focus until it detects and no LEDs will blink during slow mode MD.

Set "Disable LCD Off: Script" in CHDK settings to prevent the camera from going to LCD power saving mode.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #108 on: 15 / September / 2008, 13:05:03 »
Yet another new version. If your current version works fine for you, there's no need to upgrade. Also, you'll probably need to upgrade your CHDK to use this new version, because:

This version uses ubasic commands currently only available in recent juciphox builds, which even more recently became the mainstrem CHDK flavour, see this thread: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2297.msg21224.html#msg21224.

I repeat: this new MDFB version requires a shiny new version of CHDK.

If you are using an older build, use an older MDFB version.

The script is attached to this message. If you can't see the download link, you need to log in to this forum.

This version has only been tested on a570is, and quite briefly. It would be nice to get some test feedback at least from an S2/S3 user, an S5/TX1 user and a Digic II propset ixus or A series user.

Changelog:

MSDB 080914:
- Now requires the new CHDK juciphox-allbest-trunk version, build 509 or higher (if your CHDK is older than September 14th 2008,
  it is likely not compatible).
- No more separate versions for the two propsets (Digic II/III) thanks to the new universal commands replacing get_prop commands. Models with a separate video button still have their own version. Each version now outputs an error if you try the wrong one.
- For models with no video button, video/still mode is now autodetected from mode dial position and thus the still photo/video parameter has been removed.
- Added commands to release shoot_half after taking a photo. This fixes operation on IXUS750 and IXUS55, likely some others as well. On most cameras releasing shoot_full was sufficient, but apparently not for all. This change shouldn't break anything and it doesn't slow the script down (it adds 10 ms to post-still-shoot operation (not reaction time), but the propcase wait loop is probably equally shorter now, so re-arm is probably just as fast as it was before).
- Ends immediately if attempted to run in play mode.

(And before PhyrePhox asks: Yes, there's still two versions even though the video button can be (and is) tested by the script. The video button models still need a script argument for choosing still/video mode. I don't want it shown in other cameras as it would confuse users since it's actually autodetected but AFAIK I can't remove it using script commands).

« Reply #109 on: 15 / September / 2008, 21:11:55 »

In fast mode the script keeps shutter half-pressed while detecting. In slow mode it doesn't. Thus it does not focus until it detects and no LEDs will blink during slow mode MD.

Set "Disable LCD Off: Script" in CHDK settings to prevent the camera from going to LCD power saving mode.

Thanks, you rock,  it is working! Cannot wait to post over 5 times to give you good karma.

It has been a fun year.... I dumped Windoze for Linux, almost: GPS is non op yet, anf chkd is op... discovered it last year.. but did not have time to read all the details.