A1100 IS Porting thread - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

A1100 IS Porting thread

• 647 Replies
A1100 IS Porting thread
« on: 17 / January / 2010, 23:32:23 »
Advertisements
Hey all,

Just posting here that I am starting on the A1100 IS port. I have experience with C++ and assembler. I'm very rusty with assembler so I may have to pull out my old dusty books or research some things online as I go.

I also have no experience with CHDK so I need to learn that as well.

I know the A1100IS is one of the low end cameras but I got one for Christmas and I like the idea of this CHDK stuff.

Currently I have the CHDK source and I have run the firmware dump through IDA and started picking out addresses and stuff.

As I figure things out I'll post them to the developer page here..http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/A1100IS

and I'll post here when ever I make progress. or to ask questions or answer them.

Thanks in advance to all previous developers as I proceed to dissect your work to learn from!

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: A1100 IS Porting thread
« Reply #1 on: 18 / January / 2010, 12:46:57 »
Hello & welcome, GiAire !

Just posting here that I am starting on the A1100 IS port.

Good luck & have fun  :)

Offline OldGit

« Reply #2 on: 18 / January / 2010, 13:39:55 »
You are a brave man,
Welcome and the best of luck.
SX200 IS-100C

« Reply #3 on: 18 / January / 2010, 21:29:16 »
Thanks Guys!

So far I have to say this is not as bad as I thought it might be. There is so much information available that everything I've needed so far is there, either in the FAQs or on the forum.

Great Community Thanks! Now I'll scurry back to my pile of research....

« Reply #4 on: 18 / January / 2010, 22:41:25 »
WOW! What's a great news!
I also have the a1100is and want to port it but i have no time to do it.
I am in china ,i can help test it in the evening!

« Reply #5 on: 22 / January / 2010, 13:08:24 »
Hi, I have extensive knowledge in Assembly and Usage of IDA, being a Malware Analyst by profession, but I have no experience with CHDK. Maybe I can help with the Disassembling and reverse engineering process.

« Reply #6 on: 22 / January / 2010, 21:09:30 »
Hey FireDevil
Hi, I have extensive knowledge in Assembly and Usage of IDA, being a Malware Analyst by profession, but I have no experience with CHDK. Maybe I can help with the Disassembling and reverse engineering process.

Hey FireDevil Thanks for the offer. I'm digging through the the code now. But as I mentioned above it has been a long time since I've coded in assembly.
Here is a link to my current IDA idb file.
http://www.littlecrackpot.com/PRIMARY.rar

I've already applied the sigs file and the CHDK.idc and code fix script on the DryOS porting page. I'm currently still digging through it to fix the broken subroutines. I've also been updating the loader and platform code to match the proper memory addresses but I still have to find many subroutines.

Currently tracking down the fix to this compile error.(Basically trying to find a subroutine that reads the MBR of the SD card at least that is what I think it is trying to do.)
Code: [Select]
../platform/a1100is/sub/100c/libplatformsub.a(boot.o): In function `loc_FFC40014':
boot.c:(.text+0x105c): undefined reference to `mbr_read_dryos'

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks

« Reply #7 on: 23 / January / 2010, 19:20:52 »
WOW! What's a great news!
I also have the a1100is and want to port it but i have no time to do it.
I am in china ,i can help test it in the evening!
Yeah! :D

Im from Argentina and also have this cam :)... i can help testing too, please contact me for anything!

greetings and thanks a lot for start the project! :D

« Reply #8 on: 26 / January / 2010, 23:31:41 »
any progress?

« Reply #9 on: 28 / January / 2010, 11:45:45 »
Hi GiAire, The IDB file does not seem to be supported by my version of IDA (5.2). Guess I will have to perform all the steps to get the IDA  file